Woody gives Joe Douglas and Saleh his unwavering support

Rhg1084

Just now, BP said:

So the Jets are 151 wins and 191 losses in woodys “22 years” that he brought up. You want to hang your hat on that sh*tty record under you as owner?

And he gave us a sh*tty stadium too. Forgot to put that in there.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BP said:

So the Jets are 151 wins and 191 losses in woodys “22 years” that he brought up. You want to hang your hat on that sh*tty record under you as owner?

Woody Johnson has done very well, he's a model of NFL ownership. 

It's his general managers that suck.

SAR I

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I have always preached patience, but the reality is that as bad as things are we needed to fire Idzik, Macc and Gase. They were bad choices that were given plenty of time to show progress. None did. 

I don't think we should fire JD and Saleh today and I am ok keeping JD around a while. But Saleh has proven to be  a fraud to this point. No defense, young QB not getting better, not playing competitive games. 

You rarely see rookie coaches come in and do great, but you also rarely see them be this incompetent. 

Idzik and Gase got 2 years. i wouldnt call that plenty of time. 

Idzik got fired cause he held back 40-50 mil is cap money instead of trying to get players for Rex in his final year. 

Gase got fired for starting a 40 yr old Gore instead of Ty and Adams. and now i think he got unfairly blamed for Darnold.

Saleh has been struggling, no doubt about it, but hes learning on our dime. we should give him another year to see if he learned from his mistakes instead of going thru growing pains of a new HC.

give him and JD till the end of 2022 and if things are still bad replace them both.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Nice tie!  Though the knot is a bit skewed, is that a thing these days?  Like is a skewed knot a good thing now because I was never informed of this.  Who instituted this new skewed knot thing?  Was it Drake?  Again?  Tell me it wasn't Drake.  Drake is Canadian. So is Alannis Morrisette.  Back to skewed ties, does he have a servant tie his ties for him?  Like a dresser or his gardener or something like that? Maybe a nanny?  Nudge nudge wink wink.  I bet Liz Hurley likes that tie.  I bet it is her favorite.  Maybe he got it in london?  Maybe at yee olde Dickens tie shop?  If the Jets make the playoffs will he buy Douglas and all the coaches a nice tie?

happy season 9 GIF

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BP said:

It’s a schtick, he can’t be serious.

Why?

The owners job is to buy a franchise at X value, expand the fanbase, build a training facility, build a stadium, and achieve Y value.  Woody Johnson purchased the Jets for $635M and 22 years later it's worth $4.05B or almost 7x what he paid.  Since its completion, MetLife Stadium has propelled the Jets to Top 3 in the NFL and #1 in the AFC in attendance.  That's an A+ by any measure.

31 owners don't win the Super Bowl each year.  That doesn't make them losers.  Woody Johnson is kind and compassionate, he truly wants to win, he is very generous to his fans, and he has not raised ticket prices in 13 years.  One day he will get the GM and the HC right.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Why?

The owners job is to buy a franchise at X value, expand the fanbase, build a training facility, build a stadium, and achieve Y value.  Woody Johnson purchased the Jets for $635M and 22 years later it's worth $4.05B or almost 7x what he paid.  Since its completion, MetLife Stadium has propelled the Jets to Top 3 in the NFL and #1 in the AFC in attendance.  That's an A+ by any measure.

31 owners don't win the Super Bowl each year.  That doesn't make them losers.  Woody Johnson is kind and compassionate, he truly wants to win, he is very generous to his fans, and he has not raised ticket prices in 13 years.  One day he will get the GM and the HC right.

SAR I

The stadium is empty, the product is garbage. And now you have season ticket holders unable to unload their tickets at half price after this great start.

You’re like the psl lover in the plastic bubble. You’re in an echo chamber of woody love ❤️ 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, BP said:

What he should have said is "I shouldn't have been here for 22 years"

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Flacco move is very telling.

Woody sees empty seats, seats filled with opposing teams fans and any Jets fans dumb enough to go booing the entire game. 

This fan base was ready to be patient and enjoy the ups and downs with Wilson. They did not expect the defense to regress and the HC throw the rookie QB under the bus for 5 weeks. 

The fan base was ready to be patient.  Then when patience was required there was an uproar

• Haha 1

Just now, BP said:

The stadium is empty, the product is garbage. And now you have season ticket holders unable to unload their tickets at half price after this great start.

You’re like the psl lover in the plastic bubble. You’re in an echo chamber of woody love ❤️ 

All NFL stadiums are looking rather 'empty' here in the post-pandemic era, and New York gets hit extra hard seeing that tourism is down significantly.  It'll bounce back.

You are like the Joe Douglas Lover in the Plastic Bubble.  It's amazing.  Out of the left side of your mouth you talk about how the rebuild was necessary and Douglas is amazing and losing is part of the process and out of the right side of your mouth you talk about how the man who hired him is horrible and lower attendance is shameful.  You're a hypocrite of the first order.  Hard to do.  Congrats.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Why?

SAR I

You are such a rich guy fart sniffer it's unbelievable. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The fan base was ready to be patient.  Then when patience was required there was an uproar

We've been patient (me at least) from Todd through Darnold.  Asking abject absolution for Zack's stumbles  is just never gonna happen.  We need a QB to click immediately.  And, honestly, we were told Zack already had the skills to succeed on day one.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

All NFL stadiums are looking rather 'empty' here in the post-pandemic era, and New York gets hit extra hard seeing that tourism is down significantly.  It'll bounce back.

You are like the Joe Douglas Lover in the Plastic Bubble.  It's amazing.  Out of the left side of your mouth you talk about how the rebuild was necessary and Douglas is amazing and losing is part of the process and out of the right side of your mouth you talk about how the man who hired him is horrible and lower attendance is shameful.  You're a hypocrite of the first order.  Hard to do.  Congrats.

SAR I

This is New Jersey dude, not New York. No mandates here like NY, so your whole premise on that is garbage. Giant fans have been doing a better job filling the stadium. And they have a garbage product too. And oh hey they won a super bowl 10 years ago.

I saw home games at Gillette and arrowhead and those stadiums seem full. Do you have an actual example on ALL attendance is down?

I dont understand how so many people are wishing for JD's head! If you had high expectations for this season then that's your fault, this teams been a dumpster fire and we all know its going to take some work to change the culture and put your own people in place. Why do people think that can happen in 1 or 2 offseaons,? Look around the nfl, there are a crap ton of 1-6 2-5 teams.  R E L A X 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, BP said:

This is New Jersey dude, not New York. No mandates here like NY,

Customarily, millions of tourists come to New York City in the Fall.  Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Museum of Natural History.  Many of them plan their visit around their favorite football team playing the Jets or Giants.  That's why our stadium is so big.  This has nothing to do with politics or mandates.  Fewer people are getting on planes and coming to sightsee in NYC.  Ergo, fewer visiting fans in our building.

52 minutes ago, BP said:

so your whole premise on that is garbage.

No need for potty mouth.  

53 minutes ago, BP said:

I saw home games at Gillette and arrowhead and those stadiums seem full. Do you have an actual example on ALL attendance is down?

I see empty seats on TV.  I read about emails sent to several teams asking them what their strategies are to get fans in the seats.

I have no idea why you are going down this road.  Woody Johnson made $3.3 billion dollars on his Jets investment.  You can't criticize the man as a visionary.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

I dont understand how so many people are wishing for JD's head! If you had high expectations for this season then that's your fault, this teams been a dumpster fire and we all know its going to take some work to change the culture and put your own people in place. Why do people think that can happen in 1 or 2 offseaons,? Look around the nfl, there are a crap ton of 1-6 2-5 teams.  R E L A X 

Joe Douglas has been here since 2019 and has consistently made us worse, not better.

With a roster that is 100% his doing, he is going to end the year with a personal record of 3-30.

He will have been paid $9M dollars to do this to us. 

He's without question the worst GM in the history of the New York Jets.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

You are such a rich guy fart sniffer it's unbelievable. 

Woody Johnson is the Abraham Lincoln of the 1980's Giants Stadium waitlister.  

I thank him every day.  He has been very good to me personally, I respect his business acumen, and I know his heart is in this team's success.  We are in good hands with Woody Johnson.  It's our General Managers that are the problem.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

What do you expect him to say? 

"This coaching staff is horrifically bad, starting with Saleh and LeFleur and I'm still an imbecile when it comes to making decisions for this team."

He could be honest for a change.

Maybe something along the lines of "Don't ask me. I'm in no position to judge because I have no idea about football or business. I'm just a silver spoon moron raking in checks on the sporty thing I bought with my inheritance. I haven't ever worked a day in my life, so how can I be expected to judge the performance of others at their job? I just like shiny things."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I thank him every day.  He has been very good to me personally, I respect his business acumen, and I know his heart is in this team's success.  We are in good hands with Woody Johnson.  It's our General Managers that are the problem.

SAR I

The psl backlash got you, me and others a seat in the stadium. Not woody specifically. What woody has given us is 8 garbage years out of 11in the new house. I see at least 2-3 more garbage years the way it is looking right now

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Woody Johnson has given you a defective, inferior product year after year.  He's a greedy piece of  sh*t who has no regard for the fans. None. 

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

We've been patient (me at least) from Todd through Darnold.  Asking abject absolution for Zack's stumbles  is just never gonna happen.  We need a QB to click immediately.  And, honestly, we were told Zack already had the skills to succeed on day one.

By whom. I don't know anyone who thought he'd succeed from day 1. That narrative was fabricated by the hype machine and Media talking heads to drive clicks  and sales. Everyone fawns over his physical skills and they are real. He has the potential to be special but he still has to grow and learn and the best way for him to do that was by playing from day 1. We all hoped he'd show better early on but there are signs we just need dare I say it more patience. 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

The psl backlash got you, me and others a seat in the stadium. Not woody specifically. What woody has given us is 8 garbage years out of 11in the new house. I see at least 2-3 more garbage years the way it is looking right now

Woody Johnson hires GM's and HC's no differently than any other owner.  These supposed "great" franchises run "the right way" like the Giants only get it right once in a lifetime too.  He needs to go after experienced GM's and experienced HC's and stop with the rookies.  That's the only legitimate beef you can have with the man.

SAR I

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We’ll all be dead before that happens!

I wonder if we really have it that bad.

Look at the fans of the New Orleans Saints.  Sean Payton and Drew Brees for 15 years. They had a decade and a half of brutal playoff eliminations, heartbreaking years where they didn't make the playoffs, crushing defeats over and over again.  They have a 9-9 playoff record.   They managed one measly Lombardi.  Look at the Packers with Aaron Rodgers, same thing.  

As a fan, I don't know that sucking and winning just a few games with the hope of a bright future isn't better than being a good team with a HOF quarterback winning a lot of games but with 14 years of horrific January eliminations.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I wonder if we really have it that bad.

Look at the fans of the New Orleans Saints.  Sean Payton and Drew Brees for 15 years. They had a decade and a half of brutal playoff eliminations, heartbreaking years where they didn't make the playoffs, crushing defeats over and over again.  They have a 9-9 playoff record.   They managed one measly Lombardi.  Look at the Packers with Aaron Rodgers, same thing.  

As a fan, I don't know that sucking and winning just a few games with the hope of a bright future isn't better than being a good team with a HOF quarterback winning a lot of games but with 14 years of horrific January eliminations.

SAR I

Yeah,  I rather watch the Pats hang 50 on us and be eliminated from the playoffs before November.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Woody Johnson has given you a defective, inferior product year after year.  He's a greedy piece of  sh*t who has no regard for the fans. None. 

He, like 20 other NFL owners, can't get the GM right.  It sucks, it keeps me up at night, but we can't blame him.  Every GM candidate came from the pool of up and comers that other teams were talking to. 

Other than that, he's been fair to the fans, kept our ticket prices low, built us a new stadium, and has been anything but cheap when it comes to front office salaries and player salaries.  Am I happy?  No.  But is it Woody Johnson's fault?  No.  

SAR I

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Call games like that unacceptable. Say I will ask more from my team. You dont gotta throw em under the bus but you can communicate to your staff and fans you are not happy. 

For once I'm going to agree with you... Woody is so F'n soft it's not funny, he wouldn't know how to run a successful organization if he actually had some skills. I'm not going to waver my support for JD, just yet, but telling this football operations in public he expects more out of them is not throwing them under the bus, but making it clear, that things need to change, and they'd better start figuring out ways to make that happen.

In private, I would be sitting them down and saying listen, I know it's only 5 games, but what I'm looking at is not what I expected. I'm not firing anyone over this yet, but if you need to bring in some football consultants to help you guys figure out what is wrong and get other opinions to help you grow in your job, then GET IT DONE...