6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Mike White will be a short leash with a quick hook. 

By the way He was a 5th round pick out of Dallas, comes in to the game after a tough hit.

Is Mike White our Tom Brady?!

How sweet would that be? Ultimate karma! :D  

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, section314 said:

Ah, the good old days. 😎

Who still has the painter cap hats they handed out that night. Countless were burned that night so they probably are a cult collector's item worth nothing except to Jets fans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
45 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Mike White will be a short leash with a quick hook. 

By the way He was a 5th round pick out of Dallas, comes in to the game after a tough hit.

Is Mike White our Tom Brady?!

My guess is he makes halftime of the Cincy game before Flacco reluctantly gets the reigns.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

My guess is he makes halftime of the Cincy game before Flacco reluctantly gets the reigns.

I initially read that as "Flacco reluctantly resigns" and was like, "I don't think it would be reluctantly..

26 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

More confirmation of what a disaster the James Morgan pick was...he couldn't even stick on this bad roster...what was JD thinking drafting this guy?...a complete zero.

🙄Do you understand how the Practice Squad thing works?

It sounds like you don’t.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This one's a bit of a head scratcher.

I mean, it's one thing to bring him in to start, but if Mike White is the guy then why not just promote Josh Johnson?  I mean how much worse can he be than Mike White?

Only thing I can think of is Flacco needs a couple of weeks to learn the ropes and will start if ZW is out an extended period of time.

Agreed. With the exception of the Darnold trade, Douglas’s handling of the QB room has been puzzling. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who still has the painter cap hats they handed out that night. Countless were burned that night so they probably are a cult collector's item worth nothing except to Jets fans. 

Campbell Soup. It was 24-0 Bills before you even had a chance to have a beer.Our entire section got a threatening letter from the Jets after that.We burned those too😁

• Haha 2

Just to be clear, trading for Flacco and immediately starting him creates the optics that you didn’t assess the backup QB position adequately… Flacco is backup as a CYA move.

These guys are already putting self-preservation over the teams best interests.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Lith said:

Why give up a draft pick -- just let Josh Johnson back up White.  I could see them tinking Flacco needs time to learn the playbook, so you start White this week, but why give up resource for Flacco to back-up White for as many weeks as Zach is out.

My hunch is it's more of this staff thinking they're playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers, but really they're playing tic-tac-toe.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Agreed. With the exception of the Darnold trade, Douglas’s handling of the QB room has been puzzling. 

Even then - I heard at one point he had an offer for a 1st.  Don't know if that's true and I know he said he wanted to wait until he saw ZW in person...but still.