Flacco backup to Mike White

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

I think most moves involving back-up QB have been so far this season

Only thing I can think of is that Flacco is not ready to go this weekend after less than a week with the team.  So "White is the starter" is the line for now.  See how he plays, and if he is Luke Falk/Bryce Petty/Greg McElroy/Matt Simms level bad, then go to Flacco in another week or two.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Campbell Soup. It was 24-0 Bills before you even had a chance to have a beer.Our entire section got a threatening letter from the Jets after that.We burned those too?

It was crazy the security guards were walking around with fire extinguishers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

My hunch is it's more of this staff thinking they're playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers, but really they're playing tic-tac-toe.

Yeah that's the sense I get you see this with some analytics guys...over complicating things that should just be common sense.  Everyone's trying to be the smartest guy in the room.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This one's a bit of a head scratcher.

I mean, it's one thing to bring him in to start, but if Mike White is the guy then why not just promote Josh Johnson?  I mean how much worse can he be than Mike White?

Only thing I can think of is Flacco needs a couple of weeks to learn the ropes and will start if ZW is out an extended period of time.

everything about this staff is a head scratcher.....if you were looking for a backup QB and didnt want to promote the practice squad guy...why not sign Cam Newton?

I actually wanted Flacco out of Delaware. Got to see him play  in college a few times. Not sure if I still buy the mentor myth, but if he could help Zach play up to 70% how he played in the pre-season they won the Super Bowl? I’d take it. 

Not trying to be funny, but he threw a lot to Steve Smith Sr, so maybe he can help Zach learn to throw to Elijah Moore better. If Moore can be 70% of what Steve Smith Sr. was, that would be nice too. Hmmmm, Moore is an inch taller than Smith. 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Hex said:

I think most moves involving back-up QB have been so far this season

why is it a head scratcher?  flacco will have 6 days to learn the offense.  white has been here all season.  JJ should have been the starter with white the backup.  flacco didn't even need to be traded for.

• Upvote 1

so joe may end up spending a 4 a 5 and a 6 for back up qb and who we roll out will be no better than any scrub they could have got for free

joe fanboys the heat is getting a little hot now huh 

guy is going to turn out to be the worst gm the jets ever had

50 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Coaches and people with functioning eyesight think Cam is terrible. 

cam may be a shell of himself  but he is 10x better than flacco or mike white and sadly at this stage 10x better than Wilson as well

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

cam may be a shell of himself  but he is 10x better than flacco or mike white and sadly at this stage 10x better than Wilson as well

If he was 10 times better than anybody a team that actually needs to win games like the Seahawks would have scooped him up. He is worse than Flacco. He is a running QB that can't run and has a bum shoulder. 

There is a reason he is currently unemployed. 

My guess is this is JD admitting his error in not having a legit veteran backup to teach Wilson the ropes. Better late than never. Flacco may not be Brady or Manning but he still has a ring, Super Bowl MVP and Rookie of the Year on his resume, and has shown he can still be competent when called upon from the backup QB role. At his age and with this OL I am guessing he is not all that unhappy with being the backup to White for now, and his presence on the team may be more about helping both Wilson and White develop into their roles as QB 1 and QB 2. Even if Cam Newton didn’t possess a noodle arm at this stage, he would not have fit the role the way Flacco can. I like Newton a lot, but he would want to start and be “the guy” and I don’t think would ever take a spot as the guy behind the guy. Certain players would never sit still in a teaching role, Aaron Rodgers is another that comes to mind. No matter what team he is on, he would always in his mind be the man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app