From Zach Wilson, to "Splash" Wilson, to "Sack" Wilson...

And now, "Injured" Wilson....

Zach just doesn't understand the game of football, or at least, has not accepted his role...

It is not "Flash and Splash," and looking for the knockout or homerun...

It is a game of attrition, where one side eventually wears down the other, breaks their spirit, and imposes its will...

He routinely ignores the short pass for the first down, holds the ball, and looks for the "big" play...

And gets sacked...

And hurt...

Belichik understands this, and how is Mac Jones doing?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

Belichek and MsDaniel are putting on a clinic in how to develop a QB. Again.

I agree with Eisen. The Pats are doing it exactly how they did with Brady. Slow and steady. Right now Jets fans are making fun, calling him a dink and dunker. Watch as he becomes more and more comfortable… and they open the offense up more and more.

Meanwhile, Zach can’t complete those dink and dunk passes we make fun of Mac for throwing. He is out there doing what he did at BYU. Running around, throwing up prayers downfield playing hero ball. Except now the defenders are bigger and faster, and there aren’t any heroes coming down with those balls.

7 weeks in, Wilson looks lost, and now he’s hurt. This is going great. ?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, DrFrasierCrane said:

The only game they won was because ZW hit a few deep shots down the field.

Keep in mind in every game this year the Jets have been down double digits pretty early on. 

Fans are being way too hard on this kid five games into his career. 

You realize we get the ball either before or after the other team scores, right? The Jets “being down double digits early on” is as much on Zach and the offense as it is on the defense.

Lots of garbage time stat padding going on with Zach, or his numbers would be even worse. He’s been brutal in the first half of games.

• Upvote 1

The Jets by count have scored 9 TDs this year.  3 of them have come from Zach Wilson throwing bombs on roll outs (1 to Corey Davis and 2 PIs). There was also another one he hit in the TN game that got the Jets offense rolling. 

My point: replace Zach Wilson with Mac Jones and the Jets are still likely 1-5 (probably 0-6). This offense isn’t capable of consistently executing 15 play drives without making a mistake. The best chance they have of scoring is hitting a big play. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Zach just doesn't understand the game of football, or at least, has not accepted his role...

It is a game of attrition, where one side eventually wears down the other, breaks their spirit, and imposes its will...

He routinely ignores the short pass for the first down, holds the ball, and looks for the "big" play...

And gets sacked...

And hurt...

next year is going to be our year we just gotta wilson some wepons and a line

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, DrFrasierCrane said:

The only game they won was because ZW hit a few deep shots down the field.

Keep in mind in every game this year the Jets have been down double digits pretty early on. It’s not easy to play QB that way. 

Fans are being way too hard on this kid five games into his career. 

The way to keep the score from getting out of hand is by putting together long drives that produce points. Sorry but the Jets inability  to do that is not all on Wilson, but he is partly to blame here. 

Has anyone stopped to think what they’ve put on this kids shoulders? He has a lot of pressure on him to be the savior of the Jets. And before everyone in here starts bitching about how bad our losses are, the games we’ve lost have been damn close BECAUSE of Wilson. Unfortunately it’s in the second half. This kid has been praised for his talent by multiple coaches in the NFL, including Belichik, for his special talent and high ceiling. Matt Rhule said he didn’t realize how talented he was until he saw him on the field when the Jets played the Panthers. I’ve been a Jets fan for 30 years, and I would LOVE a winning season. But we sure as hell can’t take our frustrations out on this new coaching staff and players. We have been plagued by injuries since pre-season. At this point I think a lot of you are looking for reasons to be frustrated bc it’s what you’re used to.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, MarySantiago said:

Has anyone stopped to think what they’ve put on this kids shoulders? He has a lot of pressure on him to be the savior of the Jets. And before everyone in here starts bitching about how bad our losses are, the games we’ve lost have been damn close BECAUSE of Wilson. Unfortunately it’s in the second half. This kid has been praised for his talent by multiple coaches in the NFL, including Belichik, for his special talent and high ceiling. Matt Rhule said he didn’t realize how talented he was until he saw him on the field when the Jets played the Panthers. I’ve been a Jets fan for 30 years, and I would LOVE a winning season. But we sure as hell can’t take our frustrations out on this new coaching staff and players. We have been plagued by injuries since pre-season. At this point I think a lot of you are looking for reasons to be frustrated bc it’s what you’re used to.

IDGAF what he has on his shoulders. I've been following this team likely since before Wilson's parents met and I only care that the team wins games (and honestly, I barely care about that at this point). He should not have been starting week 1 and it is painfully obvious to everyone. They should have sat him until he was ready to play and the blame for that falls on him (for not being good enough) along with the coaching staff, general manager and scouts (who were idiots for thinking that he was going to be ready to play week 1, game 1). 

I'm not OK with the thought that the Jets had to play him from the outset in order for him to develop. That is not the case historically except for some outliers. Instead, the fanbase has to sit though another god awful season and pay full price for season tickets. Its BS. The parts of the fanbase that enable this buy continuing to spend their money on this product and give the organization a pass are an undeserved blessing for this team. 

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, MarySantiago said:

Lisa, I agree with you. Let’s go firebomb an In-n-Out Burger.

Mac Jones is a completely different situation and everyone has said it. It’s also been stated by numerous NFL coaches, present and past, that Mac Jones came into an entirely different setting, and does not have the athleticism or arm strength of Wilson. If you want to compare, put them in the same exact setting at the same time, THEN look at their stats. Maybe look up their Pro Day and see how that turned out

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, JetsFanShawn said:

next year is going to be our year we just gotta wilson some wepons and a line

It isnt anymore complicated than stated above.  Get the OL improved, find a REAL RB, another WR if theyre not going to use Mims, and a couple TE's.  Cause and effect - Zach is better protected, the runing game is effective which in turn opens up the passing game, which in turn allows Zach to be more comfortable which in turn allows the defense to not have to play 45 minutes a game, which in turn keeps us from playing behind all the time and allows us to be in games.  But yea lets all biatch and complain how its all Zach's fault. 

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

IDGAF what he has on his shoulders. I've been following this team likely since before Wilson's parents met and I only care that the team wins games (and honestly, I barely care about that at this point). He should not have been starting week 1 and it is painfully obvious to everyone. They should have sat him until he was ready to play and the blame for that falls on him (for not being good enough) along with the coaching staff, general manager and scouts (who were idiots for thinking that he was going to be ready to play week 1, game 1). 

I'm not OK with the thought that the Jets had to play him from the outset in order for him to develop. That is not the case historically except for some outliers. Instead, the fanbase has to sit though another god awful season and pay full price for season tickets. Its BS. The parts of the fanbase that enable this buy continuing to spend their money on this product and give the organization a pass are an undeserved blessing for this team. 

Its not so much Zach isnt ready to play. Its more LaFleur isnt ready to groom him in to the starting role becuase he doesnt have a stinkin idea of how to.  Nor is this team ready to  play under  him.  Mims MIA, Moore has a case of the dropsies, the TE's cant get open, the RB's and OL cant generate any push to get more than 50 yards a game, the OL cant protect him as he's running around like a wound up toy.  The defense SUCKS and is constantly getting exploited. It's just not one thing (Zach). It's a collective mess.  They're going to have to adjust and work their way through this. If they cant, then its sayonara.  This year is already an unmitigated disaster. Play it out, get the kids as much experience as you can. Cut who you feel isnt up to par and next year start anew with an improved roster and a better outlook. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MarySantiago said:

Mac Jones is a completely different situation and everyone has said it. It’s also been stated by numerous NFL coaches, present and past, that Mac Jones came into an entirely different setting, and does not have the athleticism or arm strength of Wilson. If you want to compare, put them in the same exact setting at the same time, THEN look at their stats. Maybe look up their Pro Day and see how that turned out

Muy Bien

53 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmmmmm those of us who said it would be helpful to let Wilson sit for a year when the Jets were going to be awful behind an underperforming OL don’t seem so silly anymore……

:( 

The OL has actually been pretty good in pass protection outside of week 1. A lot of the sacks and hits Wilson has take is more due to him being a rookie. 

The biggest issues on offense (outside of ZWs rookie struggles) has been the running game. It is really important to be able to run the ball in this offense and the Jets haven’t been able to thus far. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The way to keep the score from getting out of hand is by putting together long drives that produce points. Sorry but the Jets inability  to do that is not all on Wilson, but he is partly to blame here. 

Yes. Of course he is partly to blame, he hasn’t played well, but everything around him is a mess too.  

Chill the eff out… 

between your “splash” and “sack” was one game 

Tenesesse. Looks like future MVP shows off elite talent all over the field 

Atlanta, was clearly off, he missed a few gimme short passes. but still brought the offense back to within 3 with 7 mins to go in the 4th. Maybe Atlanta isn’t as bad as we thought 

Then he was playing well early in NE and got hurt 

That’s all it takes for you? 

NE isn’t just “bringing Mac Jones along” they are hiding his limitations. I could have quarterbacked the Patriots on Sunday. I love how everyone assumes that he is going to make the jump from game manager to elite player just…. Because 

• Upvote 1

And gets sacked...
And hurt...

Kid should.be learning this year ... problem is a severe lack of teaching skills.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

Belichek and MsDaniel are putting on a clinic in how to develop a QB. Again.
I agree with Eisen. The Pats are doing it exactly how they did with Brady. Slow and steady. Right now Jets fans are making fun, calling him a dink and dunker. Watch as he becomes more and more comfortable… and they open the offense up more and more.
Meanwhile, Zach can’t complete those dink and dunk passes we make fun of Mac for throwing. He is out there doing what he did at BYU. Running around, throwing up prayers downfield playing hero ball. Except now the defenders are bigger and faster, and there aren’t any heroes coming down with those balls.
7 weeks in, Wilson looks lost, and now he’s hurt. This is going great.

Zach on the Pats would have been incredible ... lay the blame where it is deserved ... the coaches feet.

• Upvote 1

Chill the eff out… 
between your “splash” and “sack” was one game 
Tenesesse. Looks like future MVP shows off elite talent all over the field 
Atlanta, was clearly off, he missed a few gimme short passes. but still brought the offense back to within 3 with 7 mins to go in the 4th. Maybe Atlanta isn’t as bad as we thought 
Then he was playing well early in NE and got hurt 
That’s all it takes for you? 
NE isn’t just “bringing Mac Jones along” they are hiding his limitations. I could have quarterbacked the Patriots on Sunday. I love how everyone assumes that he is going to make the jump from game manager to elite player just…. Because 
I love how you ignore the very real possibility that this happens.

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I love how you ignore the very real possibility that this happens.

Why is this a real possibility? I have seen absolutely no evidence that he can be a playmaker. His ceiling is chad Pennington 

people need to stop pretending like Brady wasn’t ridiculously talented. He’s 6”6 has always had a strong arm, and was a crazy good baseball player as well..

“Brady was also known as a great baseball player in high school.[32] He was a left-handed-batting catcher with power. His skills impressed MLB scouts, and he was drafted in the 18th round of the 1995 MLB Draft by the Montreal Expos.[24][33] The Expos projected Brady as a potential All-Star, with then-GM Kevin Malone claiming he had the potential to be "one of the greatest catchers ever".

Why is this a real possibility? I have seen absolutely no evidence that he can be a playmaker. His ceiling is chad Pennington 
people need to stop pretending like Brady wasn’t ridiculously talented. He’s 6”6 has always had a strong arm, and was a crazy good baseball player as well..
“Brady was also known as a great baseball player in high school.[32] He was a left-handed-batting catcher with power. His skills impressed MLB scouts, and he was drafted in the 18th round of the 1995 MLB Draft by the Montreal Expos.[24][33] The Expos projected Brady as a potential All-Star, with then-GM Kevin Malone claiming he had the potential to be "one of the greatest catchers ever".
I never knew that about brady ... thanks