Cashman Back to IR Along With Roookie Jamien Sherwood

Blake Cashman

Is the Blake Cashman era over with the New York Jets?  The oft-injured linebacker has once again been placed in injured reserve, meaning he will have played in just 14 NFL games through two and a half seasons.

The #Jets placed LB Blake Cashman (groin) and LB Jamien Sherwood (Achilles) on IR.

They also signed S Jarrod Wilson to the active roster from the practice squad and released S Adrian Colbert.

— Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73) October 26, 2021

The Jets are about as beat up as a team can be at the linebacker position.  Cashman and rookie Jamien Sherwood (torn ACL) were both put on IR yesterday while CJ Mosley (hamstring), Jarrad Davis (ankle), Hamsah Nasirildeen (knee) and Quincy Williams (concussion) are in various stages of healing up.

This means the Jets top six linebackers are currently less than 100% and the status of those not on IR is up in the air.

A versatile and athletic linebacker, Cashman was chosen in the fifth round (157th overall) of the 2019 draft despite multiple injuries at the University of Minnesota.  With another trip to IR, the Jets may have no choice but to move on.

The post Cashman Back to IR Along With Roookie Jamien Sherwood appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/rMoIjwoalmU

Click here to read the full story...

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hopefully a technology position he can work from home . Even a commute to mid town may prove to be hazardous for him. 

“The kids called me Mr. Glass…”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

They need to move Sherwood back to Safety when he comes of IR, because he's just to small to be a LB. He's a great tackler, and is quick, but this experiment should end next year. You want fast LB's, then draft fast LB's....

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

This really is an injury-pocalypse at LB. 

I can't wait until we give up 40 to the Bengals and the Saleh post-game conference will include a "How do you expect us to be competitive without Cashman?"

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Hopefully a technology position he can work from home . Even a commute to mid town may prove to be hazardous for him. 

Some old lady dropping her umbrella onto his leg on a crowded subway might land him in traction.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

How the f*ck is Cashman even still on the roster?

Move on from this joker.

I have been yelling from the rafters to cut Cashman before the season started, saying that he will get injured once again and miss most of the season.

Oddly enough, many Jets fans disagreed with me on this board, saying that Cashman should be brought back.

I wonder what these Jets fans think now?  Just as importantly, "Why didn't Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh see this problem with Cashman?"  

Why do I and some other average intelligent Jets fans have to point out the obvious?  

Shouldn't Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh be smarter than the average Jets fan?  I would like to believe that, but I'm not so sure.

I thought Adam Gase was the curse for all of the injuries.   Now that he is gone I feel Cashman is patient zero for this organization’s injury woes and must be expelled