Aaron Rodgers would be a great move in the off-season for so many reasons

52 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Lets say we can land a guy like Aaron Rodgers who obviously keeps himself in great shape and sign him to a 3 year deal and let Zach study under him. In that 3 years Zach would get the best QB knowledge available and be ready to go at 25 years old . Would that be such a bad situation ? Honestly in that situation with a healthy defense we instantly become a playoff team and Zach will be taking over what would probably be a successful offense when Aaron is done.

If Zach can't produce after that (the year Rodgers retires) then we take a QB in the next draft and its probably back to square 1 but it will give this organization some stability with a sure thing at QB and a better way to evaluate what the hell is going on rather than constantly blaming everything on the coaches WR's OL .... This would give the Jets instant credibility, show that its probably been bad QB's all along, and give Zach the time to slowly develop as the back up to Rodgers.

Also keep in mind Rodgers currently runs the same offense we do. I think its time for this franchise to get some stability and a sure thing at QB rather than constantly swinging and missing at the QB position with no ability to evaluate. I'm not saying Zach is a bust by any means I'm just saying he needs some time and getting Rodgers who basically has the same skill set (mobility in the pocket and a strong arm capable of throwing at any angle and on the run) 

I think this would be the best situation for everyone ...Rodgers, Wilson, The coaches and the organization as a whole.

I'm just curious, in this dream of yours, are you also wealthy beyond measure, hung like an oxen, and dating six super models?

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Sorry but Zach does not run this organization and its Obvious he needs some time. Zach's first contract 5 years is not changing and if he proves he can step in when Aaron is done (which he will have the one year to do so) he can still get a really nice second contract . This benefits Zach and honestly I don't think he would be that against the idea rather than getting thrown to the wolves again next year.

Zach wants to learn and this is the best way to do it or we just keep being the ******* Jets

It's just very funny to me how some fans are not only outrageously inconsistent but also utterly self-unaware of this fact.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He can't go to Chicago next year Jif. I do not think GB would want him anywhere near the NFC. GB has one more year to trade him and that's next year after that Rodgers voids his contract can not be tagged and becomes 100 % FA from what I have read. I really feel strongly this would be the perfect move for everyone involved. 

So we are trading for Aaron Rodgers? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Whut?

I hate to break it to you.... but our defense ******* blows in all aspects. 

Do you actually watch the games ? Did you see when our defense played pretty damn well in the first few games even with numerous injuries and a boat load of 3 and outs. 

Did you expect our defense to perform this past week with All our starting LB's out and even some of the back ups ? Right now we are facing a really bad situation at LB not due to talent but due to the fact we have some guys hurt Including the guy a lot of these rookies rely on to get them in the proper place and lead them in CJ Mosley. 

We have a very promising young secondary and defensive line we just need to get out of this current Injury situation and this defense can be very good. When Quincy, Davis and Mosely get back you will see a change back to the first few games. If you don't think that or at least be optimistic about that then your either not a fan or not paying attention

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

So we are trading for Aaron Rodgers? 

I would think that's the only way to get him in here next year and due to his age and the Packers looking like they want to move on I think we can get him for something reasonable. I don't think Rodgers gripe is with the coaches I think its with the organization and the GM. LaFleur has ties to our coaching staff which can't hurt.

What do you think would be reasonable to get Rodgers two 1st's ? one 1st ? Honestly due to his age and situation its not going to be what Watson is getting at 25 since we ould be looking for Rodgers to start here 2 -3 years and work with Zach who he already claims to like

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I swear if I hear the defense is good again......are these people watching these games???

Why are they good? because every now and then a CB breaks up a 2nd down pass. You know like they are SUPPOSED to do?? jesus 

Dude honestly just STFU its obvious we are dealing with a very bad injury situation everyone here and all over the god damn world knows we are playing bad right now so just calm the hell down. Its obvious you can't perform when dealing with this injury situation if you can't see that or see the damn difference between how the D Played at the beginning of the season and how they are playing now then I can't help ya there.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I would think that's the only way to get him in here next year and due to his age and the Packers looking like they want to move on I think we can get him for something reasonable. I don't think Rodgers gripe is with the coaches I think its with the organization and the GM. LaFleur has ties to our coaching staff which can't hurt.

What do you think would be reasonable to get Rodgers two 1st's ? one 1st ? Honestly due to his age and situation its not going to be what Watson is getting at 25 since we ould be looking for Rodgers to start here 2 -3 years and work with Zach who he already claims to like

I'm not sure what it would take but I'm 100% sure that our GM who didnt think it was wise to sign a veteran QB this offseason, isnt going to trade for Aaron Rodgers. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

YES, I DID.

I DONT EXPECT THEM TO GIVE UP 54 POINTS

THE PATRIOTS HAD THE BALL 10 TIMES......AND SCORED 9!!!!

9 OUT OF 10!!!! HOLY sh*t

If you expected anything more than what we saw with the product we put on the field vs the Pats you have zero clue as to WTF you're talking about. Also I can tell ya if we don't start moving the chains and possessing the football longer on offense its going to get much worse for the defense if you can't see that then you simply don't understand the damn game.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Dude honestly just STFU its obvious we are dealing with a very bad injury situation everyone here and all over the god damn world knows we are playing bad right now so just calm the hell down. Its obvious you can't perform when dealing with this injury situation if you can't see that or see the damn difference between how the D Played at the beginning of the season and how they are playing now then I can't help ya there.

Well your spitting nonsense. Statistaclly and eye ball wise the defense blows donkey balls. 

Stop blaming CJ not being on the field. Alot of the sameeeee players from week 1, the same D that couldnt stop Sam Darnold, were on the field to get abused by the Patriots. 

Let me recap for you

Panthers 19 points

Broncos 26 points

Atlanta 27

Titans 24

Patriots 54

You know what good defenses do? Maybe hold an opposing offense to 17 and under at least for one game in a 6 game stretch.

31 teams with an interception. Then there is the Jets defense that you jizz all over. GTF outta here with this.... 

Stoppppppp, the defense is bad, the offense is worse, the ST is not great. This team is at its lowest point in the last 50 years. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm not sure what it would take but I'm 100% sure that our GM who didnt think it was wise to sign a veteran QB this offseason, isnt going to trade for Aaron Rodgers. 

Well then he'll be another short lived GM ...I think its painfully obvious most of this teams issues point directly to the QB position. I agree with you though and you are probably 100% correct we wont trade for Rodgers Obviously I was going for the hypothetical here but if Zach can't get it going and just keeps falling flat when he returns OR if Mike White Actually does a better job managing this team, and when I say manage I really mean manage cause he not gonna be flashy or exhibit a rocket arm. In that situation Rodgers would be the perfect situation especially for Zach. How long Did Rodgers sit behind Favre ? 4 years ? Why not the God damn Jets :)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

exactly. 

we lose our QB at the begining of the 2nd Qt. we started the game without our defensive QB and then started dropping like flys the rest of the game and everybody here thinks the sky is falling.

sometimes sh*t happens and last Sunday was it for us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Well your spitting nonsense. Statistaclly and eye ball wise the defense blows donkey balls. 

Stop blaming CJ not being on the field. Alot of the sameeeee players from week 1, the same D that couldnt stop Sam Darnold, were on the field to get abused by the Patriots. 

Let me recap for you

Panthers 19 points

Broncos 26 points

Atlanta 27

Titans 24

Patriots 54

You know what good defenses do? Maybe hold an opposing offense to 17 and under at least for one game in a 6 game stretch.

31 teams with an interception. Then there is the Jets defense that you jizz all over. GTF outta here with this.... 

Stoppppppp, the defense is bad, the offense is worse, the ST is not great. This team is at its lowest point in the last 50 years. 

Once again you are clueless and I'm done arguing with you if you cant see how Time Of Possession and injuries have destroyed this defense and will continue too if things don't change fast.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

47 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

100% wrong Sar this team needs a QB and stability, we have plenty of Talent a load of money and a load of draft picks.

So because Zach got hurt he had an awful game? Everyone knows rookies aren't going to be settled in. Anything that takes time away from developing Zach will set this franchise back. He was looking pretty crisp in the game before he got hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if they put up 20+ points if he was in the game the whole time. He had essentially two scoring drives (missed FG and TD) before he got hurt. His talent is obvious - he just needs to learn by playing and now watching for a few weeks. I would prefer a new OC to bringing in an Aaron Rodgers. Sitting him a year while on his rookie contract is not how you build a team IMO.

1 minute ago, doitny said:

exactly. 

we lose our QB at the begining of the 2nd Qt. we started the game without our defensive QB and then started dropping like flys the rest of the game and everybody here thinks the sky is falling.

sometimes sh*t happens and last Sunday was it for us.

Thank you for adding some common sense to this argument. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well then he'll be another short lived GM ...I think its painfully obvious most of this teams issues point directly to the QB position. I agree with you though and you are probably 100% correct we wont trade for Rodgers Obviously I was going for the hypothetical here but if Zach can't get it going and just keeps falling flat when he returns OR if Mike White Actually does a better job managing this team, and when I say manage I really mean manage cause he not gonna be flashy or exhibit a rocket arm. In that situation Rodgers would be the perfect situation especially for Zach. How long Did Rodgers sit behind Favre ? 4 years ? Why not the God damn Jets :)

I agree, the biggest issue is QB but the more likely approach would be a veteran FA; Winston, Tannehill, Bridgewater, etc. and I doubt he does that because apparently Wilson is fragile and cant handle pressure and needed him to be unavailable before bringing in a vet.

They're not trading for Rodgers.  Not a chance.

29 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Don't be so damn short sighted if any team in this damn league desparately needs to make a big splash its the god damn Jets.

Comparing Usain Bolt to what I'm proposing is totally ridiculous

What you're proposing is equally as ridiculous but you keep riding that delusion train.

And yes, a few years ago posters were openly suggesting we try to sign Bolt.

Like someone else posited--why stop at Rogers?

Why not trade for Mahomes?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So because Zach got hurt he had an awful game? Everyone knows rookies aren't going to be settled in. Anything that takes time away from developing Zach will set this franchise back. He was looking pretty crisp in the game before he got hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if they put up 20+ points if he was in the game the whole time. He had essentially two scoring drives (missed FG and TD) before he got hurt. His talent is obvious - he just needs to learn by playing and now watching for a few weeks. I would prefer a new OC to bringing in an Aaron Rodgers. Sitting him a year while on his rookie contract is not how you build a team IMO.

That's cool man but in all honesty do we know this is all on the OC ? I don't have access to the play book but I do see Zach missing a hell of a lot of open WR's and in tough situations refusing to check down. Now I'll give you he has started to check down a little more and yes I do believe Zach has what it takes to be a damn good NFL QB but right now I feel this entire organization needs a sure thing and Rodgers would be that sure thing all the while mentoring a kid who desparately needs it. I also feel this time off from the injury is going to help Zach I honestly feel like this kid has been working too hard. It happened to Kenny Obrien he damaged his arm by over practicing and it destroyed his career. Zach needs a break and maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

27 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I swear if I hear the defense is good again......are these people watching these games???

Why are they good? because every now and then a CB breaks up a 2nd down pass. You know like they are SUPPOSED to do?? jesus 

Suspect it's because people attribute lack of huge yardage-against as a sign of the defense being good. No, it's because the opposition scores so easily that they're in run out the clock mode by the second half of the 3Q.

Belichick showed us what happens to this defense if the opposition doesn't let up for all 4 quarters.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

I agree, the biggest issue is QB but the more likely approach would be a veteran FA; Winston, Tannehill, Bridgewater, etc. and I doubt he does that because apparently Wilson is fragile and cant handle pressure and needed him to be unavailable before bringing in a vet.

They're not trading for Rodgers.  Not a chance.

I agree with you as well we probably are not bringing in Rodgers but I'm not only looking at Zach here I'm looking at an organization that has just dealt with too much and needs a damn spark or a break LOL.

I mean sh*t would it have been too much to ask the football gods to let our defense stay healthy this year ? I mean I know they hate us and all but man throw us a damn break. We coulda been special on defense then they gave us the smack down starting with Carl 

30 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Do you actually watch the games ? Did you see when our defense played pretty damn well in the first few games even with numerous injuries and a boat load of 3 and outs. 

Did you expect our defense to perform this past week with All our starting LB's out and even some of the back ups ? Right now we are facing a really bad situation at LB not due to talent but due to the fact we have some guys hurt Including the guy a lot of these rookies rely on to get them in the proper place and lead them in CJ Mosley. 

We have a very promising young secondary and defensive line we just need to get out of this current Injury situation and this defense can be very good. When Quincy, Davis and Mosely get back you will see a change back to the first few games. If you don't think that or at least be optimistic about that then your either not a fan or not paying attention

Yes. Clearly you dont watch the games though. 

What was the score last week?

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

What you're proposing is equally as ridiculous but you keep riding that delusion train.

And yes, a few years ago posters were openly suggesting we try to sign Bolt.

Like someone else posited--why stop at Rogers?

Why not trade for Mahomes?

Holy mother of god ...... if you can't see the difference between Rodgers at 38 and what he can offer this organization and Mahomes at 26 who Just signed a half a billion dollar contract and the differences in those 2 go talk to kevin855 maybe he can ....well nevermind

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Well clearly you have not read this thread and clearly you have no clue as to why NE just dropped 50 on us ..... Do you pay attention as to who is actually on the football field ? Do you realize all our LB's were hurt and we were fielding DB's at the LB positions ?  Jesus Christ with this fan base

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

This defense has given up 381 yards, 343 yards, 355 yards, 450 yards and 551 yards.  Only time we held an opponent under 343 yards was the first blowout loss to NE.

The defense has been putrid WAY before mosely got hurt.  

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

This defense has given up 381 yards, 343 yards, 355 yards, 450 yards and 551 yards.  Only time we held an opponent under 343 yards was the first blowout loss to NE.

The defense has been putrid WAY before mosely got hurt.  

wow just keep going 

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Holy mother of god ...... if you can't see the difference between Rodgers at 38 and what he can offer this organization and Mahomes at 26 who Just signed a half a billion dollar contract and the differences in those 2 go talk to kevin855 maybe he can ....well nevermind

Holy mother of god....if you can't understand that Aaron Rogers is NEVER coming here then....well, nevermind.

Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1