Aaron Rodgers would be a great move in the off-season for so many reasons

26 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

If he goes anywhere it will be Pittsburg. He never will come to the jets. Might as well just close the thread. Would be career suicide. 

Pitts OL is in the toilet and they don't have much more than us talent wise on the offensive side of the ball. So explain the choice of Pitt ? Do you for a second think if Rodgers was asked to be a Jet he would all of a sudden doubt his ability ?

59 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I often find that when I'm in a delusional state, I tend to ramble on in my head.

I would never think to put it down on paper or the internetz.  

Thanks for the insult and its great your pee brain (back at ya) can't fully comprehend what I'm doing here

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I love Zach Wilson and I think he has the ability and the fearlessness to play the position I just think he's in need of some help and not by some clown like Joe Flacco coming in here and playing middle of the road football  but by a guy who can show him how to be a real leader

I get it.

I think if the Jets call was to sit ZW this year I would have been good with it, probably prefered it at the time.  But that ship has sailed.

JD and Saleh are all in on Wilson at this point...There's really no back-up plan.  They have a lot of picks and a lot of cap space to build around him - but t's going to come to Zach.

Can he figure it out? Can he figure out the pro game? Can he figure out how to use all of that talent he has?

There is no savior coming.

It's a huge question...Their jobs and this teams future for the next 4 years is pretty much depending on if ZW can develop in a true franchise QB...

I hope he does, have faith he will - but it's still a huge question.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I get it.

I think if the Jets call was to sit ZW this year I would have been good with it, probably prefered it at the time.  But that ship has sailed.

JD and Saleh are all in on Wilson at this point...There's really no back-up plan.  They have a lot of picks and a lot of cap space to build around him - but t's going to come to Zach.

Can he figure it out? Can he figure out the pro game? Can he figure out how to use all of that talent he has?

There is no savior coming.

It's a huge question...Their jobs and this teams future for the next 4 years is pretty much depending on if ZW can develop in a true franchise QB...

I hope he does, have faith he will - but it's still a huge question.

Then lets hope this next 2-4 weeks help Zach Reflect on what hes done and what he needs to do to change because I do not feel its only x's and o's 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Then lets hope this next 2-4 weeks help Zach Reflect on what hes done and what he needs to do to change because I do not feel its only x's and o's 

Yeah, he was in his own head.  It seemed clear to me he was playing really tight.  Thinking far too much.  

Hopefully, as you stated - 2 or 3 weeks away can clear his mind...He just need to start playing loose again and let mistakes happen.

33 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Crush I agree I don't think the odds are he comes here and I never said that nor did I say anyone else did. All I'm saying since this is a hypothetical that this would be great all the way around if he did come here. Maybe I'm being trolled but I stand by the fact it would be the single greatest thing this franchise ever did. I also stand by the fact there is a chance based on the logistics of the entire situation being that GB is NEVER trading him within the division and are very unlikely to trade him within the conference.

Totally cool with that. I do agree if they traded him , they would certainly prefer him in the AFC. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Thanks for the insult and its great your pee brain (back at ya) can't fully comprehend what I'm doing here

I fully understand what you're "doing" here.

It's delusional.  

Don't listen to me and my pea brain, listen to basically everyone else in this thread.

58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Totally cool with that. I do agree if they traded him , they would certainly prefer him in the AFC. 

But there are 2-3-4 situations in the AFC that are easily MUCH better than the Jets and if the Pack gets blown away to an NFC team they may bite.  More likely that than a trade to the Jets. They aren't going to trade him to a team he has no interest in going to.  He'd retire first before coming here.    

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Lets say we can land a guy like Aaron Rodgers who obviously keeps himself in great shape and sign him to a 3 year deal and let Zach study under him. In that 3 years Zach would get the best QB knowledge available and be ready to go at 25 years old . Would that be such a bad situation ? Honestly in that situation with a healthy defense we instantly become a playoff team and Zach will be taking over what would probably be a successful offense when Aaron is done.

If Zach can't produce after that (the year Rodgers retires) then we take a QB in the next draft and its probably back to square 1 but it will give this organization some stability with a sure thing at QB and a better way to evaluate what the hell is going on rather than constantly blaming everything on the coaches WR's OL .... This would give the Jets instant credibility, show that its probably been bad QB's all along, and give Zach the time to slowly develop as the back up to Rodgers.

Also keep in mind Rodgers currently runs the same offense we do. I think its time for this franchise to get some stability and a sure thing at QB rather than constantly swinging and missing at the QB position with no ability to evaluate. I'm not saying Zach is a bust by any means I'm just saying he needs some time and getting Rodgers who basically has the same skill set (mobility in the pocket and a strong arm capable of throwing at any angle and on the run) 

I think this would be the best situation for everyone ...Rodgers, Wilson, The coaches and the organization as a whole.

Just when I was beginning to appreciate your posts.

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Rodgers and most of the NFL can see what's happening here Zach is simply not ready to take the reigns.

This organization needs to step up and make a bold move for once in their damn history. I think with our Defense and a load of draft picks Rodgers can come here and know he can make us an instant winner. It would boost the morale of the team off the charts and we can use what FA money is left to sign a Number 1 WR for him and that would certainly be great with our current cast of Wide outs.

Just Imagine how nuts our stadium would be opening day next year ? Tampa went out and signed Brady and a few high profile FA's and won a damn SB no reason we can't do the same thing while helping our future QB in the process.

Smells like the Brett Favre (sexual deviant) rental a while back for a year.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I remember the same Favre narrative 

We weren't anywhere near as bad during that time period though. We were in the playoffs 2 years earlier in 06, almost made the AFC Title Game in 04, won the AFC East in 2002, and made the playoffs in 01. We were a much better franchise during that time.

We are the dumpster fire of the NFL now. Along with the Lions. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We weren't anywhere near as bad during that time period though. We were in the playoffs 2 years earlier in 06, almost made the AFC Title Game in 04, won the AFC East in 2002, and made the playoffs in 01. We were a much better franchise during that time.

The Lions are far better than us. They compete almost every week.

They’ll pick higher than us though. Because Jets.

11 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

great in theory, but no way in hell rodgers comes here. hes going to want to play for a contender

Rodgers, to me, is a stereotypical narcissist.  If he came here and turned this organization into a contender, he would be a legend.  If he happened to make it to a super bowl, he would be an immortal God in NY.

That would be my pitch.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

And yet still the narrative was the same.  

But I do agree, Rodgers doesnt want to dick around here

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet still the narrative was the same.  

But I do agree, Rodgers doesnt want to dick around here

Rodgers ain't no puss he wants the single most difficult challenge in sports history !! Succeed as a QB for the NY Jets. If you really dig deep over the past 50 _ + years how many times have the Jets had a QB ranked in the top 5 ?

1. Maybe Vinny in 98 - That temp of fate got him a torn achillies

2. Chad in 02 - That temp of fate got him demolished by injuries never to be the same again

3. Joe Willie in 69 - Knees ripped to shreds but he won a SB ..small price to pay ...The Devil drives a hard bargain

4. Kenny Obrien in 86 - Destroyed his arm never to be the same again

That's some group

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, Smashmouth said:

Lets say we can land a guy like Aaron Rodgers who obviously keeps himself in great shape and sign him to a 3 year deal and let Zach study under him. In that 3 years Zach would get the best QB knowledge available and be ready to go at 25 years old . Would that be such a bad situation ? Honestly in that situation with a healthy defense we instantly become a playoff team and Zach will be taking over what would probably be a successful offense when Aaron is done.

If Zach can't produce after that (the year Rodgers retires) then we take a QB in the next draft and its probably back to square 1 but it will give this organization some stability with a sure thing at QB and a better way to evaluate what the hell is going on rather than constantly blaming everything on the coaches WR's OL .... This would give the Jets instant credibility, show that its probably been bad QB's all along, and give Zach the time to slowly develop as the back up to Rodgers.

Also keep in mind Rodgers currently runs the same offense we do. I think its time for this franchise to get some stability and a sure thing at QB rather than constantly swinging and missing at the QB position with no ability to evaluate. I'm not saying Zach is a bust by any means I'm just saying he needs some time and getting Rodgers who basically has the same skill set (mobility in the pocket and a strong arm capable of throwing at any angle and on the run) 

I think this would be the best situation for everyone ...Rodgers, Wilson, The coaches and the organization as a whole.

This move only makes sense in Madden where the computer version of Aaron Rodgers has no self-respect or freewill to not choose to submit himself to the torture and shame of being the face of this accursed franchise.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, hawk said:

Rodgers, to me, is a stereotypical narcissist.  If he came here and turned this organization into a contender, he would be a legend.  If he happened to make it to a super bowl, he would be an immortal God in NY.

That would be my pitch.  

I've heard this many a time about many other great pro athletes that are already legends and immortal gods irrespective of the city they play in.

Believe it or not, and as a New Yorker this pains me, nobody outside of NY cares about NY.

Being an immortal god in NY is not that big of a deal to 99% of pro athletes.  They aren't Knick fans or Jet fans or whatever.  They are "ME fans" and with the shrinking world due to the internet, you can be an immortal god anywhere.  Look at Peyton. Indy and Denver? Brady in NE and Tampa Bay?

I remember folks crying calling into sports talk radio--"if LeBron came to the Knicks he'd be an Immortal God, a legend, never pay for a meal ever again".

He is ALREADY an Immortal God and Legend.  He doesn't need NY to cement his legacy.  

Lebron does not/did not care about NY and "turning around that Knicks".  Only Knick fans are delufed into thinking this.

Same goes for Rogers.  He's probably the most physically gifted QB of all time--he just needs more championships.  He's not getting them here.  We're 3 years away.  Turning the Jets into a perrenial 9-8 teamdoes nothing for him.

I get it, it worked for Mark Messier and the Yankee core 4, but does anyone else really care? Do you think superstars throughout pro sports are dreaming about coming to NY and turning around a moribund franchise?  It's myopic thinking by NY fans.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No.

Yes, one super bowl.  11 years ago

He gets credit heaped on him for anything he does and takes none of the blame, zero for an underachieving franchise overall in the grand scheme of things.

The bleating from him and others about how poorly green bay treats him is absurd.   Absurd so much friction over another QB being drafted.  Absurd bleating about the packers not getting him guys to play with.

Davante Adams all pro Wr

,Aaron Jones super underrated impact RB

Robert Tonyan, TD making TE

David Bakhtiari, all pro LT

Corey linsley now gone but pro bowl center for years.

And yet what is the story this past draft?  The packers picking a CB with their 1st pick.

He totally gag choked the playoff game last year (awful awful int at the end of the half, inexplicably not running in a td late in the game and making a sh*tty ill timed pass instead) and yet the whole narrative was turned against his coach for kicking a fg rather than letting rogers go for it.

15 hours ago, hawk said:

That would be my pitch.  

true but he has bitched and complained about not drafting weapons for him in green bay. those players are light years ahead of ours. he aint gona like throwing to braxton berrios and trevorn wesco 

On 10/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, kevinc855 said:

Do you really think Aaron Rodgers is coming to join Joe Douglass 8 year rebuild? 

With little Mikey as his OC? 

NEVER HAPPENING 

its not that with ROgers... IMO this same team with Rogers is playoff caliber next year... he makes that much of a difference. 

but no I don't think he comes here

On 10/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, Smashmouth said:

While we're at it - why don't we just go ahead and bring revis back again also. 

• WTF? 1

23 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I love Zach Wilson and I think he has the ability and the fearlessness to play the position I just think he's in need of some help and not by some clown like Joe Flacco coming in here and playing middle of the road football  but by a guy who can show him how to be a real leader

What makes Flacco a clown (from a personal/mentor perspective) and, beyond that, isn't a real leader? He's got 2 superbowl rings ffs, and not because he was the best QB ability-wise either.

Whatever he once was is int he past, but IMO someone like that is more likely to impart help/wisdom to the next generation than a QB like Rodgers who's more gifted a thrower than basically everybody (something he can't "give" to someone under his wing, if he even had it in him to do so). 

• Upvote 1