Aaron Rodgers would be a great move in the off-season for so many reasons

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What makes Flacco a clown (from a personal/mentor perspective) and, beyond that, isn't a real leader? He's got 2 superbowl rings ffs, and not because he was the best QB ability-wise either.

Whatever he once was is int he past, but IMO someone like that is more likely to impart help/wisdom to the next generation than a QB like Rodgers who's more gifted a thrower than basically everybody (something he can't "give" to someone under his wing, if he even had it in him to do so). 

Should have re=phrased Flacco is not a clown and I guess at this stage he's as good as any QB that would shake free and come here knowing it would be more of a mentor situation. 

That being said while I know its a long Shot  I would prefer Rodgers on a 3 year or 2 year deal starting next year for so many more reasons. Obviously he's a better more gifted QB His skill set is better but close to what Zach has and he's running the offense we currently run and also gives Zach a chance to learn for a few years rather than what we are seeing now . The Keys are 1 Joe Douglass and the organization want to pursue him and 2 he wants to come here if it breaks down in GB which he has stated it very well might unless GB extends him. If somehow the Jets do want to go after Rodgers the guy has to want to come here can we lure him in by signing or trading for a top WR to go with the current corp ? he already stated he likes the Kid so is it so far fetched ?

50 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Should have re=phrased Flacco is not a clown and I guess at this stage he's as good as any QB that would shake free and come here knowing it would be more of a mentor situation. 

That being said while I know its a long Shot  I would prefer Rodgers on a 3 year or 2 year deal starting next year for so many more reasons. Obviously he's a better more gifted QB His skill set is better but close to what Zach has and he's running the offense we currently run and also gives Zach a chance to learn for a few years rather than what we are seeing now . The Keys are 1 Joe Douglass and the organization want to pursue him and 2 he wants to come here if it breaks down in GB which he has stated it very well might unless GB extends him. If somehow the Jets do want to go after Rodgers the guy has to want to come here can we lure him in by signing or trading for a top WR to go with the current corp ? he already stated he likes the Kid so is it so far fetched ?

Um, yeah sure I'd take Aaron Rodgers. I'd take them coaxing Drew Brees out of retirement, too. BFD. 

Want to hear the remainder of my completely unrealistic wishlist, filled with things that aren't ever happening?

Acquiring Joe Flacco isn't quite as difficult a task as acquiring Aaron Rodgers.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Um, yeah sure I'd take Aaron Rodgers. I'd take them coaxing Drew Brees out of retirement, too. BFD. 

Want to hear the remainder of my completely unrealistic wishlist, filled with things that aren't ever happening?

Acquiring Joe Flacco isn't quite as difficult a task as acquiring Aaron Rodgers.

Please add me having a torrid affair with a 22 year-old Jennifer Lawrence to your wish list.  Just in case.

EDIT:  Or whatever age she was here:

3fgBTUo.gif?1

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Please add me having a torrid affair with a 22 year-old Jennifer Lawrence to your wish list.  Just in case.

EDIT:  Or whatever age she was here:

3fgBTUo.gif?1

Meh she's way overrated. I've never understood the fascination. If you're picking anyone on earth - including going back in time as you are - she's just ok. 

But your inferred, greater point still stands ;). Like anyone needs to take the effort to enumerate the reasons one would prefer Aaron Rodgers over Joe Flacco lol. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

TBF the Packers are basically the Jets without Aaron Rodgers  

This is my point the jets are not as bad as some are making them out to be. With out a total rash of injuries on defense and an offense that was at least competent this would not be nearly as bad. What takes the offense from the pile of sh*t that it is, too good, is a QB. 

On 10/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, Beerfish said:

He totally gag choked the playoff game last year (awful awful int at the end of the half, inexplicably not running in a td late in the game and making a sh*tty ill timed pass instead) and yet the whole narrative was turned against his coach for kicking a fg rather than letting rogers go for it.

You the INT that should have been flagged for a PI?  
The argument that not only he’s overrated but the MOST overrated player in the NFL is a bad joke.  

On 10/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, Smashmouth said:

Lets say we can land a guy like Aaron Rodgers who obviously keeps himself in great shape and sign him to a 3 year deal and let Zach study under him. In that 3 years Zach would get the best QB knowledge available and be ready to go at 25 years old . Would that be such a bad situation ? Honestly in that situation with a healthy defense we instantly become a playoff team and Zach will be taking over what would probably be a successful offense when Aaron is done.

If Zach can't produce after that (the year Rodgers retires) then we take a QB in the next draft and its probably back to square 1 but it will give this organization some stability with a sure thing at QB and a better way to evaluate what the hell is going on rather than constantly blaming everything on the coaches WR's OL .... This would give the Jets instant credibility, show that its probably been bad QB's all along, and give Zach the time to slowly develop as the back up to Rodgers.

Also keep in mind Rodgers currently runs the same offense we do. I think its time for this franchise to get some stability and a sure thing at QB rather than constantly swinging and missing at the QB position with no ability to evaluate. I'm not saying Zach is a bust by any means I'm just saying he needs some time and getting Rodgers who basically has the same skill set (mobility in the pocket and a strong arm capable of throwing at any angle and on the run) 

I think this would be the best situation for everyone ...Rodgers, Wilson, The coaches and the organization as a whole.

dolemite-rudy-ray-moore.gif.ce7b0246fe6d6e9bf87a4db86b81da53.gif

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:26 PM, Smashmouth said:

Pitts OL is in the toilet and they don't have much more than us talent wise on the offensive side of the ball. So explain the choice of Pitt ? Do you for a second think if Rodgers was asked to be a Jet he would all of a sudden doubt his ability ?

I'd doubt his agent for being an idiot for ever letting him go to the jets. It's not going to ever happen before he's geriatric. 

• 2 weeks later...

Based on watching pat Macafee these past few years Rodgers is easily my favorite qb in the league. He’s really intelligent and great at his job. However I don’t think I would pick him up. This team isn’t ready to make a run. The D is entirely too young and inexperienced. Might make a wild card with him next year but not much past that. Keep playing Zach and in 2 years time we can start making a push for long term success with all these picks and cap space. 

42 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Based on watching pat Macafee these past few years Rodgers is easily my favorite qb in the league. He’s really intelligent and great at his job. However I don’t think I would pick him up. This team isn’t ready to make a run. The D is entirely too young and inexperienced. Might make a wild card with him next year but not much past that. Keep playing Zach and in 2 years time we can start making a push for long term success with all these picks and cap space. 

Most people that tell you they are really smart and overly act as if they are really smart are not.  He's a teflon dumbass who hogs all the credit for every thing that has ever happened well for his team and avoids all accountability for anything that does not go well.

He's almost as phony as Jamal Adams.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Most people that tell you they are really smart and overly act as if they are really smart are not.  He's a teflon dumbass who hogs all the credit for every thing that has ever happened well for his team and avoids all accountability for anything that does not go well.

Agree with everything posted except for the part of him being almost as phony as Jamal. HE IS EVERY BIT A PHONY AS JAMAL MAYBE EVEN MORE SO 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Besides the fact that he has very little talent surrounding him and has constantly made the playoffs? Ok. If you just justen to him he isn’t a dumbass like how Roethlisberger or Eli speak. From moment 1 when I started researching Trubisky I knew he would bust. He seemed to have very little intelligence and it showed. It’s easy to see with a lot of guys. Like Lamar has all the physical gifts in the world, but he doesn’t seem very intelligent 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, The Crusher said:

Oh dude I'd take my fat ass and peddle him here from Green Bay if agreed to come here. I love this idea and would be 1000% on board. I agree all you say about it and it would be the best thing we've done in like, errrr, uhhhh, forever!

But, No matter what you say, what you want and whatever hypothesis is swirling around in your head there is no way Aaron Rodgers comes here. Dude literally wants to leave Green Bay because he saw what Brady did in Tampa and Green Bay has a better roster and much better coaching than we do and its not close.  Aaron Rodgers would rather retire and sweep floors at All State than play here. But yeah, A Smashmouth can dream!

Haha, 

59F5CA6F-3A52-44FA-BFAA-EF43FFC36DCF.jpeg

• Haha 3