The overreaction to everything at 1-6 is so 2021

johnnyjet

14 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

It's an absolute fraud. This "defense" has given up 1000 yards of offense in the last 2 weeks, 550 against a mediocre Pats team with a rookie QB after a bye week. Disgusting. Saleh is just a bad coach. 

Zero interceptions on the season and zero points in the first quarter. Legit bonkers.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

The length of time they knew each other as nothing to with it. It is the Knapp’s RIP skill set of developing QBs, which LaFleur and Saleh have none, that is missing.

Knapp most likely would have had a positive impact on the development of LaFleur as an OC as well.

I think WAY too much is being made about Knapp passing away.  If he needed to be some sort of mentor or assistant OC to LaFleur because he wasn’t ready to do the job on his own, then LaFleur should have never been hired in the first place.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

In fairness, lookin back on the press conferences after Saleh was hired and before the season started, I think the Jets Admin sent every message possible to let people know that they expected the team to be bad this season. So, it is unfair to them to be upset about 1-6. However, they also expressly stated they intended to improve. I cannot say that any unit of the Jets was better in game 7 than they were in game 1, and that is a serious problem. Hopefully, we will see improvement in the second half, but if they continue to play like garbage, there needs to be a solution offered. At the very least the coaching staff would need to be reconstituted. 

All that said, personally, I think the team on a whole would perform much better if Mosely and Davis were healthy and playing LB and Van Roten and McGovern were replaced with above average players. In football, you are only as good as your weakest link. The D really has no starting quality NFL LBs after Mosely and Davis and the O can not perform with an O line with a C that communicates poorly (that is why guys are standing around blocking no one while free rushers kill our QB) and a RG who is blown up on pass and run plays with alarming regularity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There is a fine line between being too patient and being foolishly impatient. 

A smart franchise gives a rookie QB at least 2 full years to see what they have in the kid unless that kid is Josh Rosen-esque bad and you have the chance to draft a kid like Kyler Murray. 

Fair enough

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

We have now become a world of instant gratification.  A results now society.  So ask your self this, when was the last time a rookie QB, with a rookie HC,DC and tragically lost his QB mentor, played lights out. I understand the play calling has been crap.  But Zach has flashed.  Made throws the likes of which we haven’t seen since Joe Willie.  He’s a rookie.  Just like Justin Fields and trey Lance and Mac Jones etc.  Mac is in a better established system with an all world HC. By this time next year I think we will all feel a lot better about where this team is headed.   That’s just my 2 cents.  
Let’s not forget all the other season ending injuries on this team this season.  

Agree and disagree. The record is to be expected.

The blowouts, complete lack of cohesion, putrid effort, overall lost mentality, and our 22 year old rookie QB getting consistently pummeled to the point of injury is what is alarming and unacceptable.

We barely look like a professional team right now…offense - defense - special teams all don’t just stink…they look like they’re playing a different sport.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

sh*t, if we're using that criteria I'm amazed we waited until the third quarter of the Panthers game. 

We should have been scouting qbs and interviewing head coaches in Carolina.

Should've traded Darnold straight up for PJ Walker.

Damn you, JD!

• Haha 1

Zach is the least of my worries at the moment. I am much more alarmed by the lack of improvement in the coaching staff particularly the OC and HC. Our HC who was a fired up, motivator in SF looks like a demoralized zombie anytime we see him and our OC is leading the offense to new lows. I mean 0 points in the first quarter through 6 games??? That’s unheard of. There have been no adjustments or roster moves to make up for GVR getting demolished every week and we’re still parading Ryan Griffin out there when Hurst,Engram,Njoku and OJ Howard are all out there as trade options. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

We have now become a world of instant gratification.  A results now society.  So ask your self this, when was the last time a rookie QB, with a rookie HC,DC and tragically lost his QB mentor, played lights out. I understand the play calling has been crap.  But Zach has flashed.  Made throws the likes of which we haven’t seen since Joe Willie.  He’s a rookie.  Just like Justin Fields and trey Lance and Mac Jones etc.  Mac is in a better established system with an all world HC. By this time next year I think we will all feel a lot better about where this team is headed.   That’s just my 2 cents.  
Let’s not forget all the other season ending injuries on this team this season.  

The insurrection is nothing to take lightly

51 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, it is unfair to them to be upset about 1-6. However, they also expressly stated they intended to improve. I cannot say that any unit of the Jets was better in game 7 than they were in game 1, and that is a serious problem. Hopefully, we will see improvement in the second half, but if they continue to play like garbage, there needs to be a solution offered. At the very least the coaching staff would need to be reconstituted. 

This.

Just get better by the end of the season.

Right now that seems an impossible task given the past few weeks.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The alarm is not 1-6 at all .

The alarm is looking awful and getting blown out by mediocre teams like the pats.

Like last year we are not in games and the team is getting worse.  On top of it we see stupid things like the Flacco move.

If the Jets were 1-6 but putting up a tiger like fight no one would be that upset.

In a very sad way, I look at Detroit and see a lot to admire. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

It's an absolute fraud. This "defense" has given up 1000 yards of offense in the last 2 weeks, 550 against a mediocre Pats team with a rookie QB after a bye week. Disgusting. Saleh is just a bad coach. 

All the early season "success" was a mirage when teams pretty much just stopped trying to score late in blowouts or we played the Titans without AJ Brown and Julio (and still gave up huge chunk plays)

2 hours ago, undertow said:

We are the only team in the league that can't score points or get a first down and this is the first time in the history of football a QB coach has been blamed for an entire franchise not being able to function properly.  Also anyone who thinks Wilson looked good before getting injured because he connected on a shovel pass doesn't know what they are watching he was his usual chaotic mess before he got hurt.

Yeah and god forbid we blame the HC for failing to get the offense to work better..........oh wait, he was too busy building a defense that gave up 50 points to a marginal rookie QB who can't throw a ball more than 10 yards down the field. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Zach is the least of my worries at the moment. I am much more alarmed by the lack of improvement in the coaching staff particularly the OC and HC. Our HC who was a fired up, motivator in SF looks like a demoralized zombie anytime we see him and our OC is leading the offense to new lows. I mean 0 points in the first quarter through 6 games??? That’s unheard of. There have been no adjustments or roster moves to make up for GVR getting demolished every week and we’re still parading Ryan Griffin out there when Hurst,Engram,Njoku and OJ Howard are all out there as trade options. 

Yep. Same criticism around TE position as QB. Why the Hell are we not looking to bring in reclamation projects instead of ancient has-beens/never-beens? 2021 should be all about the future upside, especially at this point.

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Nope. Sorry. 

If there were any improvements to be pointed to, I'd join you. But there's been none. Can't score, can't sustain drives, can't get 3 and outs on D, can't get turnovers, can't even stay competitive for a half. There's been little to no improvement. The Jets seem even more uncoordinated each and every week. I have no idea how anybody can try to spin this into a positive, but the evidence is looking you square in the face; our great GM has put together one of the worst rosters in the league and our great HC has managed to make Gase look competent. 

Awesome. 

I can’t find anything nice to say about this team….. NOTHING.  Nothing to build on or around other than the QB. Not sure Zach is it, no talent anywhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I think WAY too much is being made about Knapp passing away.  If he needed to be some sort of mentor or assistant OC to LaFleur because he wasn’t ready to do the job on his own, then LaFleur should have never been hired in the first place.  

The legend of Gregg Knapp is greatly exaggerated. I feel bad that he died, but that doesn't suddenly change that he wasn't very good and had poor results for most of his career. He was most well known for his stints as offensive coordinator where his claim to (in)fame was switching to zone blocking schemes and the offensive lines being much worse than they were before...

Sound familiar? 

The QBs he worked with:

1998: Steve Young

1999 - 2000: Jeff Garcia

2004 - 2006: Michael Vick

2007: Josh McNown

2008: JaMarcus Russel

2009 - Matt Hassleback

2010 - 2011: Matt Schaub

2012: Carson Palmer

2013 - 2016: Peyton Manning*

2017-2020: Matt Ryan

He only worked with one of those QBs as a rookie (Jeff Garcia) and even then Garcia had played in the CFL. Only one of those QBs had a career year (Jeff Garcia)** while Knapp was on the team.

Otherwise, he came into teams with experienced, established starters. I'm not saying he didn't have great value to those guys, but he did not have a history of working with rookies. His stints as OC were disastrous. So while losing Knapp was certainly a blow, it is not a very good excuse. 

* ADAM GASE ALERT

** Jamarcus Russell technically had a career year with Knapp, but that's only because it was his 2nd year and he played 15 games compared to 12 and 4). His career year was also really terrible. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is one of the dumbest things I ever see said about NFL players. Every player in the NFL can flash or make plays. They made it to the highest point of their profession. However, flashing a few plays a game isn't enough to make you a good NFL player.

Consistency is what matters and his hasn't improved so far. So no matter what amazing throws he can make (remember the same is said about Darnold and his ability to make off-script plays). None of it will matter unless Zach becomes more consistent which is why we keep hearing about his ability to make the short throws. 

This is such a lame statement made by either strangely biases people against their own QB or sheer ignorance.  Not sure which one you are...Zach has shown more upside in five weeks than Sam did in 3 years.  

Zach's skill-set, upside and natural talent is clear.  Far morsoe than "Every player in the NFL".  Heck, he won rookie of the week one week.

Of course consistency matters, but through 5 games where in three of them the OL was just a sieve.  What should be expected from Zach is moments of good football surrounded by a lot of bad - which is what we got.  

He absolutely needs to get better, there is not a single person saying he's been good.  He hasn't, but he's shown he can be special... 

He needs to get better and I believe we were seeing that last week until he got hurt.  He set the team up for points in two of his first three drives...throwing screen passes, short passes, being creative with a shuffle pass, made a very impressive throw on a 20 yard out, while on the run and a deep ball to lure a PI to get the ball to the one.  Progress from a QB is what you want - and that's what we saw last week.

• WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

This is such a lame statement made by either strangely biases people against their own QB or sheer ignorance.  Not sure which one you are...Zach has shown more upside in five weeks than Sam did in 3 years.  

Zach's skill-set, upside and natural talent is clear.  Far morsoe than "Every player in the NFL".

Of course consistency matters, but through 5 games where in three of them the OL was just a sieve.  What should be expected from Zach is moments of good football surrounded by a lot of bad - which is what we got.  Heck, he won rookie of the week one week.

He absolutely needs to get better, there is not a single person saying he's been good.  He hasn't, but he's shown he can be special... 

He needs to get better and I believe we were seeing that last week until he got hurt.  He set the team up for points in two of his first three drives...throwing screen passes, short passes, being creative with a shuffle pass, made a very impressive throw on a 20 yard out, while on the run and a deep ball to lure a PI to get the ball to the one.  Progress from a QB is what you want - and that's what we saw last week.

1. Players showing extreme talent often fail in the NFL.

2. Zach has not been consistent. 

3. Zach will need to be consistent to succeed. 

4. That Zach has flashed has no bearing on whether or not he can become consistent. 

5. I made no statement on whether or not he could become consistent. 

6. I made no statement on outside factors that would make being consistent more difficult for Zach. 

So to be clear, I was talking about the silly idea that because a player flashed in the NFL that it means anything. 

I understand you had a rant building inside of you that you needed to get out, but I'd appreciate being left out of it when it's not related to my statements. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

This is so tiring.

Who is demanding "lights out" performances this season? How about we start with competitive and competent?

The Jets look like they don't belong in the league. They are being completely outclassed in multiple facets. It's embarrassing, and no, Jets fans do not have to be more patient.

If this is acceptable to you, then your expectations are too low IMHO.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I think most of this is just frustration. Many people here thought that drafting a new QB would solve alot if not all their problems and it hasn't happened so blow it all up and start over. (Although at this point can it be blown up anymore).

It's been so long that at this point I just go find something else to do.

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

There is no creative force in the universe as powerful as the excuse-seeking Jets fan.

Oh here we go again. 

No one here expected Super Bowl this year but are you watching?

The games are so bad they are not even fun anymore? We are out of every game quick. We look lost, while opposing teams are laughing at us on the sidelines. We are so bad its a joke to them. How can people take positives from anything in the last 6 games to me is mind boggling. 

• Post of the Week 1