The overreaction to everything at 1-6 is so 2021

johnnyjet

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Yep. Same criticism around TE position as QB. Why the Hell are we not looking to bring in reclamation projects instead of ancient has-beens/never-beens? 2021 should be all about the future upside, especially at this point.

Yep exactly. Joe D is sitting on like $20mil in cap space, with another like $50-$70mil coming next year and multiple picks. Yet the first move he makes is for Joe Flacco and not a TE/OL help?? Cmon man 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

We have now become a world of instant gratification.  A results now society.  So ask your self this, when was the last time a rookie QB, with a rookie HC,DC and tragically lost his QB mentor, played lights out. I understand the play calling has been crap.  But Zach has flashed.  Made throws the likes of which we haven’t seen since Joe Willie.  He’s a rookie.  Just like Justin Fields and trey Lance and Mac Jones etc.  Mac is in a better established system with an all world HC. By this time next year I think we will all feel a lot better about where this team is headed.   That’s just my 2 cents.  
Let’s not forget all the other season ending injuries on this team this season.  

Zach is a huge investment. Woody is not going to let this go on long.  They have to make adjustments. JD, Saleh just have to. No way LaFleur should be allowed to return as OC next year. JD HAS TO HIT in next years draft with his top 4 picks. HAS TO.  And he MUST get some quality FA's in here. If they dont they **** em because 2022 will not be musch better and at that point its curatins for them.

6 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

We have now become a world of instant gratification.  A results now society.  So ask your self this, when was the last time a rookie QB, with a rookie HC,DC and tragically lost his QB mentor, played lights out. I understand the play calling has been crap.  But Zach has flashed.  Made throws the likes of which we haven’t seen since Joe Willie.  He’s a rookie.  Just like Justin Fields and trey Lance and Mac Jones etc.  Mac is in a better established system with an all world HC. By this time next year I think we will all feel a lot better about where this team is headed.   That’s just my 2 cents.  

maybe you and the ones who posted the trophy's should read this and then get back to me...

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/10/25/robert-saleh-adam-gase-jets/

Robert Saleh's 2021 New York Jets squad looks frighteningly similar to Adam Gase's 2019 and 2020 Jets teams.

Robert Saleh’s New York Jets are on a historically bad pace
With their gruesome 54-13 loss to the New England Patriots in Week 7, Robert Saleh and the New York Jets have fallen to 1-5.

A 1-5 record is bad enough in itself, but the team’s overall performance level independent of the win-loss record puts them on track to become one of the worst teams – if not the worst team – in Jets history.

Yes, even worse than Adam Gase’s squads.

Let’s stack up the 2021 Jets against Gase’s 2019-20 Jets and some of the other brutal teams in Jets history.

Season-long pace
The Jets currently own a scoring margin of -95. They are scoring 13.3 points per game (32nd) and allowing 29.2 points per game (29th) for an average scoring margin of -15.8.

If maintained, that would be the worst mark in the history of the New York Jets.

Here are the worst teams in franchise history based on their average scoring margin at the end of the season:

1.     2021 (-15.8)

2.     1976 (-15.3)

3.     2020 (-13.4)

4.     1975 (-12.5)

5.     1996 (-10.9)

6.     1963 (-10.7)

7.     1962 (-10.4)

8.     1989 (-9.9)

9.     1995 (-9.4)

10.  2016 (-8.4)

We’re only six games in, so the Jets have 11 games to pull themselves out of the franchise’s all-time basement, but the sad fact of the matter is that the Jets very well could finish the season in this spot if they do not start playing a substantially better quality of football.

The Jets’ numbers in non-scoring categories indicate that their scoring margin is not a fluke based on their performance to this point. They are currently ranked 31st in total offense and 27th in total defense. If those rankings are maintained, they would become the first team in franchise history (since moving to the NFL in 1970) to rank bottom-six in both categories.

Saleh’s 2021 Jets have been out-gained by 130.2 yards per game this season. Not only is that the worst mark in the NFL this season, but it would be the worst in the history of the Jets as well:

1.     2021 (-130.2)

2.     1963 (-118.3)

3.     2020 (-107.6)

4.     1976 (-99.0)

5.     1975 (-87.6)

6.     2018 (-81.2)

7.     1971 (-77.9)

8.     1964 (-73.7)

9.     1977 (-73.4)

10.  1989 (-61.4)

Yikes.

Even before the New England debacle (551-to-299 yardage edge for the Patriots), the Jets had an average yardage margin of -105.8 over their first five games, which would put them on pace for the third-worst mark in franchise history.

Six-game start
The Jets’ six-game start in 2021 is up there as one of the worst that the franchise has ever experienced, comparing closely to Gase’s 2019 and 2020 teams.
Here is a look at the worst yardage differentials through six games in Jets history:

1.     1963 (-873)

2.     2019 (-859)

3.     2021 (-781)

4.     2002 (-720)

5.     1976 (-687)

6.     1971 (-662)

7.     2020 (-613)

8.     2001 (-607)

9.     2007 (-571)

10.  2006 (-463)

Here is a look at the worst point differentials through six games in Jets history:

1.     1976 (-122)

2.     2020 (-110)

3.     2021 (-95)

4.     1962 (-94)

5.     2019 (-93)

6.     1996 (-91)

7.     1995 (-90)

8.     2002 (-74)

9.     2016 (-69)

10.  2014 (-62)

We are witnessing perhaps the most embarrassing era in Jets history. The 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons represent three of the five worst six-game starts in franchise history based on point differential.

The Jets are a young, rebuilding team, but that is no excuse for the level of ineptitude that has been show

Maybe just maybe some of us that seem to know or sense that this HC and CS are bad are right.  Just saying...

• Upvote 1

This is the worst Jets team I’ve ever seen, from top to bottom. Terrible coaching, no plan, no leadership from the owner down. The GM seems to be good at trades and terrible at drafting.

I’m routing of the Bengals to put up another 50 burger on the Jets.

Embarrassing the owner publicly is the only thing that hurts him.

Flacco was brought in to play v Colts, to try an avoid a Thursday night shellacking, Woodys ego is so fragile. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, SR24 said:

Yep exactly. Joe D is sitting on like $20mil in cap space, with another like $50-$70mil coming next year and multiple picks. Yet the first move he makes is for Joe Flacco and not a TE/OL help?? Cmon man 

Almost makes you think there's a mandate to spend under cap.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

There is no question the Jets are deliberately holding back spending money.  

Right now JD needs to be thinking about an upgrade to OC and to the Scouting staff.  Think about SCot M who helped build the 49ers as a consultant.  He should approve very pick.  

Players like Becton need to stay in Florham Park and train all winter and eat chicken and vegetables. 

JD should overpay and retain some players so he is not rebuilding all the time. Maye, Moses, maybe Crowder.

The 2022 season is starting now. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Worst in the league at everything. Pathetic, hopeless, disgraceful.

Everyone involved deserves to go. Starting with Douglas. Year 3 of his project and we're like an expansion team. Has to go. Stop the bleeding. 

Well, I have a question. Why isn’t the head coach holding people accountable for their poor play? Van rotten should be cut, he’s awful. You could put your kilt on and do a better job than him.

We really need him to hold the players accountable, but he doesn’t.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Everyone involved deserves to go. Starting with Douglas. Year 3 of his project and we're like an expansion team. Has to go. Stop the bleeding. 

There goes the "this defense is overachieving" narrative. Overachieving what, exactly?

• Upvote 1

I honestly cannot remember the last time a Jets game entertained me. 

And I know Real Fans™ will blast this but it's absolutely pathetic that the Jets haven't had a draftable fantasy football player in years. Like it or not, that's a big part of enjoying football these days. 

• Upvote 2

While I agree with the general premise of this thread and I know we have like zero chance at winning on Sunday, can we at least wait until we loose to talk about our 1-6 season? :-)

I did not expect much of this season. But I was extremely disappointed with the way the defense played on Sunday. While I expected the defense to struggle with rookies/2nd year/late round corners, I think they played over their heads in the previous weeks. To watch them get gashed, couldn't tackle and were completely out of position was hard.

This is mostly on coaching; we can only hope that someday, a Jets OC would have such a great offensive game plan and have our team so fired up.  Our coaching staff let us down, but sadly that is to be expected.

I do not agree with the trade for Flacco. I don't particularly care about the 6th so much, but the plan was Zack/whatever. If this year is all about Zack and the team, why trade for a QB now? That being said, I don't understand people wanting JD to trade away real draft capital, like 4ths and up for some player that isn't going to really make a difference this year. We already have mediocre, do we need different mediocre?

All this being said, JD is going to have to spend next year. There are cap minimums, we have current players that need to be extended, and we need to carefully select and sign players that can be part of this team for the next 3-4 years. And of course, he must draft well.

JD and Saleh are going to get another year next year. But, if this team continues to get blown out and show up unprepared week after week, instead of coaching on his terms, Saleh will be coaching with a target on his back.

• Upvote 3

I dunno .. we need to see some glimpse of hope at least ... next year im expecting a leap in consistency not ability.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

It’s been over 10 years since we made the playoffs.
Our GM is in year three.
Anyone who thinks the current product is acceptable is blindly delusional. There has to be accountability and heads have to roll.
I dont think there will be an argument when we are 1-14 ... and win our last two games for pride against backups and dropping our pick from 1st overall to 4th.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

On 10/27/2021 at 6:48 AM, johnnyjet said:

Yes the injuries have been brutal. The thing is the play calling which is easy to Monday morning qb is atrocious. I mean some of it seems like Adam gase is calling it. Its basically the one thing we thought was fixed. SO it hurts more. There is no excuse for the NE game. First throw is high probably of failure. No reason to be in that situation either. But is it that bad? idk, probably not as much as i think. The drops, injuries new everything it all takes time to gel. But now zach hurt, it just sucks. We still have a very untalented team relatively to NFL quality. We have a few players taht would make another squad but not too many that would be starters on other teams. It is much better than before but we need more time to add more pieces. 

12 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

If this doesn't convince JET fans that this HC and CS are bad nothing will.  Thank you for posting this.  

12 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Not exactly sure how they're defining Garbage Time...

I mean, the Jets have gone down early in so many games that they're likely playing 3/4 of every game in garbage time (assuming what Garbage Time is)...and lost the first quarter badly...so it's tough when you understand circumstances.  

So if they go down early and then play equal to the other team the rest of the way - only the first quarter counts.

I get it's not good but I think we, again, have to look the circumstances.  

12 hours ago, jgb said:

I honestly cannot remember the last time a Jets game entertained me. 

And I know Real Fans™ will blast this but it's absolutely pathetic that the Jets haven't had a draftable fantasy football player in years. Like it or not, that's a big part of enjoying football these days. 

The first Fitz year was entertaining other than that black hole.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I'm old enough to remember when lots of people on JN ripped on the Kingsbury/Murray duo in Arizona.  

• Sympathy 1

On 10/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, Beerfish said:

The alarm is not 1-6 at all .

The alarm is looking awful and getting blown out by mediocre teams like the pats.

Like last year we are not in games and the team is getting worse.  On top of it we see stupid things like the Flacco move.

If the Jets were 1-6 but putting up a tiger like fight no one would be that upset.

agree but i don't see the flacco move as being stupid.  they needed a back up for white and flacco knows how the game is supposed to be played. and it's going to be pretty hard to evaluate the team overall if any one piece isn't playing well.  getting flacco at least adds some stability to the qb position so they can focus more on other parts of the offense.  at this point i'm surprised they haven't shuffled around the oline yet.  i guess they're thinking van roten will settle down like he did last season but this season the combo of mcgovern and van roten is even worse.

On 10/28/2021 at 6:28 AM, Irish Jet said:

Is this bad?  This seems bad!

• Haha 2

I love these youngsters who played a few seasons on Madden and have no concept that the Jets existed long before their mom was giving a handjob to their dad in a parking lot.  Overreaction?? really?? how long is enough? I have been a fan since 1980.  Thats 41 years! While enjoyed a few highs.. I have suffered through quite a bit of lows.  These last years might have been the worst. Patience? Yeah I have that.  But that doesnt mean you cannot criticize the product they are pedaling out on the field.  It is poor, and no, it is not getting better or showing any progress.  So take the sanctimonious "they are young be patient" crap and shove it.  

• Post of the Week 1

There is no question the Jets are deliberately holding back spending money.  

Right now JD needs to be thinking about an upgrade to OC and to the Scouting staff.  Think about SCot M who helped build the 49ers as a consultant.  He should approve very pick.  

Players like Becton need to stay in Florham Park and train all winter and eat chicken and vegetables. 

JD should overpay and retain some players so he is not rebuilding all the time. Maye, Moses, maybe Crowder.
The 2022 season is starting now. 

They shouldn’t do that

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

You are right, we should trade for Travis Kelce. Let’s give a 7th.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Come on, man. The reductio ad absurdum is the weakest of all arguments.

JD better be calling about Engram, O.J. Howard and David Njoku. Is a deal possible, I dunno but there is just no excuse for him not to enquire about those 3 and probably even more.

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2021 at 8:48 AM, johnnyjet said:

Anyone with any sense at all knew this team was going to struggle this season.  That's fine and dandy.  But what I fail to see is game to game improvement anywhere.  It's just not happening and we're closing in on the halfway point of the season.

That's worrisome because that's on coaching and we're going to be stuck with this staff for the foreseeable future.