The overreaction to everything at 1-6 is so 2021

johnnyjet

On 10/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, BurnleyJet said:

This is the worst Jets team I’ve ever seen, from top to bottom. Terrible coaching, no plan, no leadership from the owner down. The GM seems to be good at trades and terrible at drafting.

I’m routing of the Bengals to put up another 50 burger on the Jets.

Embarrassing the owner publicly is the only thing that hurts him.

Flacco was brought in to play v Colts, to try an avoid a Thursday night shellacking, Woodys ego is so fragile. 

No it isn't.  Next year's team is worse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Come on, man. The reductio ad absurdum is the weakest of all arguments.

JD better be calling about Engram, O.J. Howard and David Njoku. Is a deal possible, I dunno but there is just no excuse for him not to enquire about those 3 and probably even more.

Don’t you go using logic around here!!!

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2021 at 6:28 AM, Irish Jet said:

Worst in the league at everything. Pathetic, hopeless, disgraceful.

Everyone involved deserves to go. Starting with Douglas. Year 3 of his project and we're like an expansion team. Has to go. Stop the bleeding. 

Define what isn’t garbage time for the Jets O.  

On 10/27/2021 at 9:48 AM, johnnyjet said:

when was the last time a rookie QB, with a rookie HC,DC and tragically lost his QB mentor, played lights out. 

In a world where expectations are reasonable the question should be when was the last time a rookie was handed the starting job with a rookie HC, OC after knowing the mentor you hired was no longer going to be able to mentor him.  

This question you asked is an excuse for incompetent management.  When faced with a problem they didn’t adjust.  The NFL is a league of adjustment.  

What’s a reasonable level of suck for a rookie QB.  There’s a difference between reasonable level of suck and lights out QB play.  Again a terrible excuse thread.  

I’m  not advocating firing JD, Saleh or dumping Zach.  I also don’t understand the level of pathetic excuse making for the sh*t show Jets fans are being subjected to every week. 

Because we are rebuilding and other teams who have rebuilt may have become successful is not connecting dots.  Plenty of rebuilding teams failed and continue to suck.  

There’s a huge difference between instant gratification and reasonable expectations.   Your blind faith in the future is tethered to faith not reasonable expectations.  Nothing wrong with faith but in general most missionaries deserved to be hung by the natives when the first step on the beach. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There’s a huge difference between instant gratification and reasonable expectations.   Your blind faith in the future is tethered to faith not reasonable expectations.  Nothing wrong with faith but in general most missionaries deserved to be hung by the natives when the first step on the beach. 

I think a lot of people, including me, have been optimistic, perhaps irrationally.  The evidence to be pessimistic has been growing.  But the beat down by the Patriots, injury to ZW, and panicked trade of a draft pick for Joe Flacco appears to be flipped me and many others to pessimism, for good reason.

Hopefully some improvements in the FO and CS, combined with aggressive FA signings and smart use of the many draft picks, and switch the sentiment back to optimism.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2021 at 9:48 AM, johnnyjet said:

We have now become a world of instant gratification.  A results now society.  So ask your self this, when was the last time a rookie QB, with a rookie HC,DC and tragically lost his QB mentor, played lights out. I understand the play calling has been crap.  But Zach has flashed.  Made throws the likes of which we haven’t seen since Joe Willie.  He’s a rookie.  Just like Justin Fields and trey Lance and Mac Jones etc.  Mac is in a better established system with an all world HC. By this time next year I think we will all feel a lot better about where this team is headed.   That’s just my 2 cents.  
Let’s not forget all the other season ending injuries on this team this season.  

Fire Saleh right now!

(couldn't resist :P )

On 10/27/2021 at 7:38 AM, More Cowbell said:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I was going to post this exactly. Qhat we witnessed  Sunday should sound alarm bells. We got blown out of the stadium by a team trying to find its own way.  That is a major insult to everyone who roots for this team. 

This is correct. But what exactly should be the repercussions. Fire the GM? The Coach? The OC? Make a splash trade by giving up draft capital? This is what some fans are calling for. Do those sound like level-headed moves that would actually make the team better long term? That is the definition of overreaction. 

Should Saleh and the coaching staff change what they are doing? For sure. I absolutely agree. Whatever they are doing, especially on offense is not working, but calling for their heads and writing off Zach as a bust after 6 games is absolutely classic fan hysteria- whether this team as constructed ends up being good or not. 

55 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is correct. But what exactly should be the repercussions. Fire the GM? The Coach? The OC? Make a splash trade by giving up draft capital? This is what some fans are calling for. Do those sound like level-headed moves that would actually make the team better long term? That is the definition of overreaction. 

Should Saleh and the coaching staff change what they are doing? For sure. I absolutely agree. Whatever they are doing, especially on offense is not working, but calling for their heads and writing off Zach as a bust after 6 games is absolutely classic fan hysteria- whether this team as constructed ends up being good or not. 

Saleh and JD are here for this and next season but benching Zack, bringing in someone else as OC, and trading for someone is not an over reaction, it is what people who are trying to win do. 

Saleh and JD are here for this and next season but benching Zack, bringing in someone else as OC, and trading for someone is not an over reaction, it is what people who are trying to win do. 
Unless its aaron rogers ... aint gonna happen

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I have just a few things I’m looking at for tomorrow to see what type of coaching staff we have:

1)  if we win the toss take the friggin ball first.  Something has to change with how we start games because whatever they are doing ain’t working.  . 
2) if our defensive line can recognize that when the opposition doesn’t block them it means a screen has been called that would move them a step closer to understanding nfl football. 
3) if our defense holds them on first and second downs than on 3rd and 16 please just run the same defense that worked the first two plays because our 3rd down defense thus far has been an embarrassment   

That’s it.  My bar for this team has been reset so low a baby could crawl over it.  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Of course, at this point you do anything you think will make you a better team in the long run, and yes all 3 of those should be clear options, but you don't do it because of a blowout loss in week 6. 

• Upvote 1