"This organization is going to lift you, not the other way around."

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You're right, the kid seems to have heart.  I do bet him Mom and Dad are regretting not pushing harder though.  

Good he didnt listen to them. Sooner or later you have to grow up and make your own decisions and live with the consequences.  Develops your chararcter which is only raised by going through hardship.  This will take awhile here.  This franchise was in worst shape than many understand, there's no quick fix. Doesnt work that way.  There are hits and misses for any team attempting a rebuild. JD has done some good things, some very bad ones.  Just have to stick it out. He's light years a better GM than we've had in quite awhile.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

What did I say about Sam Darnold?

This was about Zach forcing his way off the Jets - or like his parents wanted, not wanting to come here in the first place. 

Darnold did't force his way out of here, but he sure was happy when he was gone.  Judging from the celebration video I saw...

Zach leaving this fan base would be the best thing for him and I'm sure he and his parents know that, but Zach is a competitor.

Don't know if you did or not.  I was showing that those same empty media words about heart are meaningless unless the player can play.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Put me on Ignore...it won't change the reality.

I have never once said he's been good...in fact I've stated it over and over again that he hasn't.  I have never once said he doesn't need to be better, in fact, I've stated it over and over again that he does....

But I've also said over and over again that he has shown the ability to be special and is surely been hampered by his OL, TE's and WR's that can't catch.  He's young and needs time....

If y'all want to insist on attacking him like he's already a bust through 5 games on this garbage roster, with a new system and rookie HC and OC...So be it.  You won't see my posts anymore, but I can promise you I'll continue to point out the reality when people say otherwise.

Potential, Arm Talent and Flash Plays....

Done.

Considering he's the worst QB in the league right now that's pretty easy to comply with.

His O line has gotten a little better. What TE? Certainly a huge mistake by Joe Douglas and LaFleur who still insist on 3 WR sets with tight ends that are not really there, any of our other WO are huge improvement over the TE like things. WR have dropped balls but he's had his share of crappy throws as well. Every time I see him play I have a harder and harder time to believe he can be special. Certainly was a time I did, but right now I'd like to see him in control and serviceable.

The coaches are horrible and Joe Douglas should be fired for letting this combination actualize here. Yet, the offense literally look like it ran smoother when he went out and that other kid came in. No! Not saying other kid was better than Zach but the offense just seem to get a couple third downs easier.

Well I will still see your post it when people quote you. Goodbye for now Fido. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Personally, he should of made a stud line before suring up the WR corps. 

It also concerns me, did JD really think Wilson come in week 1 slinging it. Sure seems so. How off is JD about Wilson it what keeps me up at night. 

Yeah I was puzzled why we were signing WRs and defensive lineman in free agency and ignoring the o-line.....we also only drafted one o-lineman in the draft in a o-line heavy draft. JD was banking on big years from GVR and McGovern which didn't turn out well.

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Simply put:  He wasn't ready to start.  Not by a mile.  JD got a bug up his ass about starting Zack day one so should be blamed for the move.  But Zack has earned the fans' scorn.  He's looked every bit the college player on a pro field.

After the titans game everybody was all goo goo ga ga.  We all saw what he brings to the table and it was an encouraging step in the right direction.  Football is a TEAM game and cant be controled by one player like a pitcher can in baseball.  This TEAM SUCKS overall.  We all know that. We have some good players but until the roster is upgraded, its not going to change. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Most frustrating part of all of this is that Douglas put together what should be a very high level group of WR's.  If we saw more 4 and 5 WR sets, Wilson would have a much easier time taking advantage of some mismatches.  Imagine trying to cover Denzel Mims and Keelan Cole with your 4th/5th CB or a safety.

Instead, the OC is in love with 2 and 3 WR sets meaning Wilson has to look to guys like Griffin and Kroft instead of Mims and Cole.

LaFleur is over his head.  Josh McDaniels would have Zach on an MVP course right now. Look what he's done with the Pea Shooter. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah I was puzzled why we were signing WRs and defensive lineman in free agency and ignoring the o-line.....we also only drafted one o-lineman in the draft in a o-line heavy draft. JD was banking on big years from GVR and McGovern which didn't turn out well.

GVR has easily been his worst signing 

That guy is TRASH

• Upvote 3

Lets take a look at how all the other first round QBs are doing shall we:

Lawrence:  team is 1-5.  has showed some good moments.  does seem pretty big and athletic.  woul dhave [referred we got him but he was gone.

Wilson:  looks athletic with a really good arm.  a bit small looking can use to bulk up a bit.  team is 1-5 and looks worse.  the win was on his back. has gotten little help from his playmakers.

Trey Lance:  looks pretty awful in the games he has played.  will take some time to develop,

Justin Fields:  same as above.

Mac Jones:  looks like a pro and understands the game.  good leadership.  not a great arm and not that athletic.  limited upside imo.

obviously being well coached more so than the others.

So Zach is in pretty goo company here.  Maybe the game is really difficult on rookie QBs or maybe this is a lousy crop.  I'm betting on the former.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Lets take a look at how all the other first round QBs are doing shall we:

Lawrence:  team is 1-5.  has showed some good moments.  does seem pretty big and athletic.  woul dhave [referred we got him but he was gone.

Wilson:  looks athletic with a really good arm.  a bit small looking can use to bulk up a bit.  team is 1-5 and looks worse.  the win was on his back. has gotten little help from his playmakers.

Trey Lance:  looks pretty awful in the games he has played.  will take some time to develop,

Justin Fields:  same as above.

Mac Jones:  looks like a pro and understands the game.  good leadership.  not a great arm and not that athletic.  limited upside imo.

obviously being well coached more so than the others.

So Zach is in pretty goo company here.  Maybe the game is really difficult on rookie QBs or maybe this is a lousy crop.  I'm betting on the former.

Good Post!

11 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Hands down. I think the hope was to give Cam Clark a shot at starting, with GVR backing him up.

Or JD was hanging on Lewis who abruptly retired.  This has been a huge mistep.  Really unforgiveable on JD's part considering his OL heritage.  We need to take at least 2 OL with our first 3 picks.  Linderbaum and Nicolas-Pete-Frere. Sign a vet FA like Schreff to balance it out. Send McGovern to Ireland. 

Battles are won or lost before they are fought.  

For the Jets this year, the battle was not even winning too many games-it was developing the offense and looking competitive.  

But too many of JD's and Saleh's decisions backfired, and the injuries did not help.

OC-Lafleur was not ready for the job.

QB-needed a veteran to compete with Wilson.

TE-Herndon did not develop.

OL-Becton, GVR, Lewis and Clark all backfired-that was alot to compensate for.  AVT is Pro Bowl, they were lucky to get Moses and McGovern is not that bad-GVR makes him look worse.  

WR-poorly used by LaFleur

DL-was good for first 5 games then failed.

LB-too many injuries and big gamble on converted S.

DB-CBs better than expected, too many S injuries.

So for next year, the Jets need to be more aggressive at fixing these holes.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Robert Saleh to Zach Wilson on draft night. 

Not working out so well. 

TBH, it was a stupid comment from the outset. The second overall pick isn't here to lift the organization up? Then why the hell is the team drafting him? My impression was always that bad teams are supposed to pick good players to make the team better. Yes, I understand that the point was if Wilson developed it would obviously be beneficial to the entire team, it was just a really weird thing to say. I swear to god that at times it feels like this organization (and some of the posters on this board) have a fetish for this kid. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Personally, he should of made a stud line before suring up the WR corps. 

It also concerns me, did JD really think Wilson come in week 1 slinging it. Sure seems so. How off is JD about Wilson it what keeps me up at night. 

This, almost more than anything else, is what makes me think that Douglas has to go. Is his talent evaluation that poor that he assumed Wilson would buck tradition and be a good player from the outset? Or was Douglas so naive (or stupid) that he thought the fan base would be perfectly fine with another lost season (admittedly, some fans do seem to be ok with another season flushed down the toilet)?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach leaving this fan base would be the best thing for him and I'm sure he and his parents know that, but Zach is a competitor.

You were a huge proponent of the Jets using their #2 overall pick on Zach Wilson. This is what you wanted and this is what you got. Allegedly the Jets are building something special that will last for a long time. It's special alright. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.  Forget about the management - getting away from this fan base would be the best thing for him.

Why?

Because the fans expect him to play good in a results based business. Burrow looed good year 1 and so did Herbert. The INTs in the 1st Patriots game were brutal with the exception of the first one to Davis.

Whats truly amazing is that the fans are not more angry.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Why?

Because the fans expect him to play good in a results based business. Burrow looed good year 1 and so did Herbert. The INTs in the 1st Patriots game were brutal with the exception of the first one to Davis.

Whats truly amazing is that the fans are not more angry.

Angry? That’s a bit much. 

Jets fans just get upset anytime a player doesn’t start off as an immediate stud, like it happens with other teams. I get it. Wish that were the case too. This fan base doesn’t have patience for any kind of development. 

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You were a huge proponent of the Jets using their #2 overall pick on Zach Wilson. This is what you wanted and this is what you got. Allegedly the Jets are building something special that will last for a long time. It's special alright. 

What's wrong with taking Zach at 2?  Zach was going 2 this year no matter what.  He deserved to be the No. 2 QB off the board and he was.  That's the one thing Douglas got right.  How he planed to develop him with a CEO defensive rookie HC that's the real story.  If Knapp was the guy who was going to make it work they knew it wasn't going to work before the first play.   Real sad but they knew before the season started.  If the plan was to run the ball get a top running back and a real TE and run the crap out of the ball.  

Douglas has lots of picks and cap room going forward.  The quesion is will he force Saleh to hire a real OC?  Will he replace Saleh out right?  If he does I will be more likely to give him more time.  

The Flacco move was embarrasing for Douglas but it was also a very public way to say I'm a dope and I'm putting it out there that I'm a dope but I learned something and won't do it again.  

Zach is a rookie QB.  He was thrown in with a bad line and a rookie OC.  He doesn't have good TE and the OC runs plays with TE's who suck.  He wants to run the ball but he doesn't have a good TE or a good running back.  

Zach is going to sit and the beating is going to stop.  Douglas and Saleh have to figure out the next move before he's eligible to play again.  

Zach busts Douglas is a dead man walking.  Douglas has a lot on his plate.  I'm pretty interested to see if has the balls to reset the entire coaching staff.

41 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Yes and I'm still very glad they drafted Zach.

My argument is with the fan base for already giving up on him.  

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Facts (or reality):

• Youngest team in the NFL
  • Slowest team in the NFL
  • New HC
  • New OC
  • New System (most complicated system in the NFL)
  • Most drops by WR's in the league
  • Most new players in the league
  • Bottom 10 OL in the league

You want to blame it all on Zach, that's certainly your right.  But the reality is quite different.  This circumstance for any QB would be challenging, but for a rookie QB damn near impossible.  

Even if you guys were able to acknowledge that he was put into a very difficult position it would be far easier to understand.  But y'all are caught up in a frenzy, that you're not even hearing yourselves.

It's all ZW fault...but we have the worst OC who's only here because of neoptism, HC is a fraud and the GM should be run out of town - but the QB is a bust after 5 weeks (one of which was rookie of the week)

Fact: I never once suggested that it's "all on Zach". 

Also fact: You routinely throw blanket insults and arguments at groups of people, all dependent on them having said what you say they did... and more often than not, they didn't. 

Also, also fact: You cannot begin a post about "facts" and then end it with opinions.

You don't know who you're arguing with, what you're arguing about, or how to find your way around the argument... but you're constantly arguing. Bravo.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The "fan base" isn't here on JN. Some fans are, many of whom troll people that cannot just accept opposing viewpoints. You're making poorly constructed arguments to change the hearts and minds of people that aren't here to listen and/or care.

So, there's that.

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

What's wrong with taking Zach at 2?  

In my opinion there was a huge risk taking Zach Wilson out of BYU with the 2nd overall pick. ALSO the opportunity cost of passing on a potential trade down with San Francisco was too great: 

- 2021 1st round pick (12th overall)

- 2022 1st round + 3rd round pick

- 2023 1st round pick

After trading down Jets could have kept Darnold in his 4th year of his rookie contract then brought in Mitch Trubisky, who was a free agent, to compete with Darnold for the starting job. 

I guarantee you we could of had that package the Dolphins got from San Francisco for their 3rd overall, or better. Problem is JD had tunnel vision for Zach Wilson. He'd never say that,  but it seemed like it was the worst kept secret leading up to Zach Wilson's medical check. Right after that the 49ers felt safe trading to 3rd overall to get their guy, because they knew JD was taking Zach Wilson. 

I didn't like the pick but I gave Joe Douglas the benefit of the doubt. If he's fired it will be because of his inability to draft well in the early rounds.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD's ultimately responsible for that. Should have signed a veteran and sat the kid while Doogie Lafleur found his way as a first time play caller / offensive coordinator. 

• Upvote 1