"This organization is going to lift you, not the other way around."

54 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Fact: I never once suggested that it's "all on Zach". 

Also fact: You routinely throw blanket insults and arguments at groups of people, all dependent on them having said what you say they did... and more often than not, they didn't. 

Also, also fact: You cannot begin a post about "facts" and then end it with opinions.

You don't know who you're arguing with, what you're arguing about, or how to find your way around the argument... but you're constantly arguing. Bravo.

Seems like you’re sole argument is to call me a bad a person. 
I don’t attack people, sure I generalize because there’s a massive contingent of people that regurgitate the same talking points.  If you don’t fall into this group then it’s not directed at you  

This is a message board about the NY Jets. Is it your expectation that we should all come here to simply agree with one another?  I happen to not agree that ZW is already a bust and see real potential in him.  or that JD has done a poor job. I should simply join the chorus of hate?

I find it comical you telling me I insult people when that seems to be your modus operandi.   I mean your entire post was written to insult me.  

23 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

JD's ultimately responsible for that. Should have signed a veteran and sat the kid while Doogie Lafleur found his way as a first time play caller / offensive coordinator. 

Agreed...I think if they made the move to sit him for a year I would have been on board.  I guess I hoped the fan base would have a little more patience than 4 or 5 weeks.

I was wrong...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, varjet said:

But too many of JD's and Saleh's decisions backfired, and the injuries did not help.

I really like this point.  

I think he made a number of choices that were risky and most of them did not work the way he had hoped.  I also believe these were calculated because he felt he was still in rebuild mode and wasn't yet expected to win, so he went mostly went cheap in FA and took too many chances on late round draft picks to start. 

End of the day - to your point - many of those decisions didn't work out.

Now, the question is - will they backfire longterm - will he be better off having more cap space later? Will Zach starting ultimately turn out to be the right choice? Those are things we'll find out soon enough.

6 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Hands down. I think the hope was to give Cam Clark a shot at starting, with GVR backing him up.

JD's plan was to throw Clark, Lewis and GVR into the mix and see who survived.  Why he signed Feeney, I don't know.  

Obviously did not work out. 

Should have kept Elflein to compete with GVR, but that would make the Lewis and Clark acquisitions look bad.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Seems like you’re sole argument is to call me a bad a person. 
I don’t attack people, sure I generalize because there’s a massive contingent of people that regurgitate the same talking points.  If you don’t fall into this group then it’s not directed at you  

This is a message board about the NY Jets. Is it your expectation that we should all come here to simply agree with one another?  I happen to not agree that ZW is already a bust and see real potential in him.  or that JD has done a poor job. I should simply join the chorus of hate?

I find it comical you telling me I insult people when that seems to be your modus operandi.   I mean your entire post was written to insult me.  

1. Never called you a bad person.

2. My point, since you need it spelled out, is that you make generalized arguments and insults about groups of people who basically aren’t here. So you throw these arguments at people here over and over, despite them not being on the other side if it. Basically making false accusations… just like point #1

3. If I wanted to insult you, I would. I don’t pretend I’m not doing it - like you.

I gotta say I put this on the coaches more than JD. The line isn't playing that bad and although Van Roten is absolutely atrocious I just can't believe one trash lineman makes us play and look this bad.

The wideouts are decent, RBs are good runners. We simply can't get yardage for sh*t. Its crazy.

Personnel wise there's definitely areas to improve but the roster is not as bad (on offense) as we are playing. So that leaves only the OC who is not putting them in a position to succeed.

You know what irritates me the most is when coaches blame stuff on "execution" but in reality they should be blaming it on the damn plan. Don't put the sh*t on the players saying "execution" when you can't get a damn point in the first quarter almost halfway through the season. 

I believe in this coaching staff but they desperately need a veteran presence or they need to switch up their approach ASAP. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

In my opinion there was a huge risk taking Zach Wilson out of BYU with the 2nd overall pick. ALSO the opportunity cost of passing on a potential trade down with San Francisco was too great: 

- 2021 1st round pick (12th overall)

- 2022 1st round + 3rd round pick

- 2023 1st round pick

After trading down Jets could have kept Darnold in his 4th year of his rookie contract then brought in Mitch Trubisky, who was a free agent, to compete with Darnold for the starting job. 

I guarantee you we could of had that package the Dolphins got from San Francisco for their 3rd overall, or better. Problem is JD had tunnel vision for Zach Wilson. He'd never say that,  but it seemed like it was the worst kept secret leading up to Zach Wilson's medical check. Right after that the 49ers felt safe trading to 3rd overall to get their guy, because they knew JD was taking Zach Wilson. 

I didn't like the pick but I gave Joe Douglas the benefit of the doubt. If he's fired it will be because of his inability to draft well in the early rounds.

Why would you keep Darnold and sign Trubisky.   Tribusky is better than Darnold.  If you wanted draft picks to reload there is no scenario you keep Darnold.  Trading Darnold was very low risk for max value.  Dumb to keep him in that scenario or any scenario.   Also not sure Trubisky signs with us as a starter without much more money and years.  He doesn’t get a second chance if he bombs on a crappy team with a rookie staff installing a new O.  Probably have to pay him a big salary with years.  

Every QB drafted with a teams first pick is high risk.   You get a top 3 pick with a new staff your team stinks.  

The extra picks are high risk with a bad rookie coaching staff developing them.  

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Personally, he should of made a stud line before shoring up the WR corps. 

YEP, YEP, and more YEPs....  I know people probably get tired of me saying this, but build the trenches... Football is won and lost on the front lines. If you have a sh*tty OL, then you need an OC that calls 3 step drops, like NE does for MJ. I blame more of this on LaFleur for not being able to recognize this as a weakness and play call around it.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:22 PM, freestater said:

Robert Saleh to Zach Wilson on draft night. 

Not working out so well. 

Lol I was going to make a snide remark like this team is going to lift you...onto a gurney, or something equally dumb.

Then I glanced up at the ad getting served up (which has nothing to do with my browsing history). 

image.png

He got off easy with a PCL sprain.

• Haha 3

On 10/27/2021 at 7:05 PM, Zachtomims47 said:

Angry? That’s a bit much. 

Jets fans just get upset anytime a player doesn’t start off as an immediate stud, like it happens with other teams. I get it. Wish that were the case too. This fan base doesn’t have patience for any kind of development. 

C'mon now.  We STILL have fans around here who wish we kept Sam Darnold around for a 4th season.