Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I mean, the bengals went 2-14, then drafted a quarterback that came out of nowhere, who then got hurt and they finished 4-11-1. Hope it's at least a little similar

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Burrow played 10 games his rookie year he got hurt. He had 13 TD's and only 5 ints PSR Rating was like 89% I think

He was accurate. 

Can Wilson be Burrow? We can only hope right? We are living and dying on this train together, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/win_trends/?range=yearly_since_2019

Bengals 11-27-1, MOV -4.9 since 2019

Jets 10-28, MOV -10.3 since 2019

Let's look at just 2020 to see how the process was working during Burrow's rookie year. 

Bengals 4-11-1, MOV -7.1*

*Joe Burrow missed 6 games

 

So since "we're the Bengals," then I expect 4 wins for the 2021 1-5 Jets with 3 games versus the Dolphins twice and the Texans once, and NOT to have an MOV less than or equal to -7.1.  GOOD LUCK, because the 1-5 Jets this season thus far have an MOV of -15.8 and my fingers are crossed Zach Wilson is back by week 11 when we face the lowly Dolphins at MetLife.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/win_trends/?range=yearly_since_2019

Bengals 11-27-1, MOV -4.9 since 2019

Jets 10-28, MOV -10.3 since 2019

Let's look at just 2020 to see how the process was working during Burrow's rookie year. 

Bengals 4-11-1, MOV -7.1*

*Joe Burrow missed 6 games

 

So since "we're the Bengals," then I expect 4 wins for the 2021 1-5 Jets with 3 games versus the Dolphins twice and the Texans once, and NOT to have an MOV less than or equal to -7.1.  GOOD LUCK, because the 1-5 Jets this season thus far have an MOV of -15.8 and my fingers are crossed Zach Wilson is back by week 11 when we face the lowly Dolphins at MetLife.

The question is, who do we tie?

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Joe Burrow played 10 games his rookie year he got hurt. He had 13 TD's and only 5 ints PSR Rating was like 89% I think

He was accurate. 

Can Wilson be Burrow? We can only hope right? We are living and dying on this train together, 

If I’m picking I would like Zach to be a shorter Justin Herbert, since we are doing the,” call you shot” thing. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this else where so all of you can read it:  

Robert Saleh’s New York Jets are on a historically bad pace
With their gruesome 54-13 loss to the New England Patriots in Week 7, Robert Saleh and the New York Jets have fallen to 1-5.

A 1-5 record is bad enough in itself, but the team’s overall performance level independent of the win-loss record puts them on track to become one of the worst teams – if not the worst team – in Jets history.

Yes, even worse than Adam Gase’s squads.

Let’s stack up the 2021 Jets against Gase’s 2019-20 Jets and some of the other brutal teams in Jets history.


Season-long pace
The Jets currently own a scoring margin of -95. They are scoring 13.3 points per game (32nd) and allowing 29.2 points per game (29th) for an average scoring margin of -15.8.

If maintained, that would be the worst mark in the history of the New York Jets.

Here are the worst teams in franchise history based on their average scoring margin at the end of the season:


 

1.     2021 (-15.8)

2.     1976 (-15.3)

3.     2020 (-13.4)

4.     1975 (-12.5)

5.     1996 (-10.9)

6.     1963 (-10.7)

7.     1962 (-10.4)

8.     1989 (-9.9)

9.     1995 (-9.4)

10.  2016 (-8.4)

We’re only six games in, so the Jets have 11 games to pull themselves out of the franchise’s all-time basement, but the sad fact of the matter is that the Jets very well could finish the season in this spot if they do not start playing a substantially better quality of football.

The Jets’ numbers in non-scoring categories indicate that their scoring margin is not a fluke based on their performance to this point. They are currently ranked 31st in total offense and 27th in total defense. If those rankings are maintained, they would become the first team in franchise history (since moving to the NFL in 1970) to rank bottom-six in both categories.

Saleh’s 2021 Jets have been out-gained by 130.2 yards per game this season. Not only is that the worst mark in the NFL this season, but it would be the worst in the history of the Jets as well:


 

1.     2021 (-130.2)

2.     1963 (-118.3)

3.     2020 (-107.6)

4.     1976 (-99.0)

5.     1975 (-87.6)

6.     2018 (-81.2)

7.     1971 (-77.9)

8.     1964 (-73.7)

9.     1977 (-73.4)

10.  1989 (-61.4)

Yikes.

Even before the New England debacle (551-to-299 yardage edge for the Patriots), the Jets had an average yardage margin of -105.8 over their first five games, which would put them on pace for the third-worst mark in franchise history.

Six-game start
The Jets’ six-game start in 2021 is up there as one of the worst that the franchise has ever experienced, comparing closely to Gase’s 2019 and 2020 teams.
Here is a look at the worst yardage differentials through six games in Jets history:


 

1.     1963 (-873)

2.     2019 (-859)

3.     2021 (-781)

4.     2002 (-720)

5.     1976 (-687)

6.     1971 (-662)

7.     2020 (-613)

8.     2001 (-607)

9.     2007 (-571)

10.  2006 (-463)

Here is a look at the worst point differentials through six games in Jets history:

 

1.     1976 (-122)

2.     2020 (-110)

3.     2021 (-95)

4.     1962 (-94)

5.     2019 (-93)

6.     1996 (-91)

7.     1995 (-90)

8.     2002 (-74)

9.     2016 (-69)

10.  2014 (-62)

We are witnessing perhaps the most embarrassing era in Jets history. The 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons represent three of the five worst six-game starts in franchise history based on point differential.

The Jets are a young, rebuilding team, but that is no excuse for the level of ineptitude that has been show

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sup jgb. Sorry for blowing up at you last Sunday.

So many people blow up at me I had to go back and look at what you are referring too lol.

Don't worry about it. Personal attacks aren't allowed in general, but calling me a piece of sh*t and mother ****er while telling me to go **** myself (and worse) is totally allowed here by the mods :D 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jgb said:

So many people blow up at me I had to go back and look at what you are referring too lol.

Don't worry about it. Personal attacks aren't allowed in general, but calling me a piece of sh*t and mother ****er while telling me to go **** myself (and worse) is totally allowed here by the mods :D 

Somehow I'm not buying you, notorious for having a great memory, not remembering what happened this past Sunday between us in my Jets will beat the Patriots thread, and what you said that clearly provoked me. It's not as if I blow my top around here much if at all, nor do I ever report anyone, so please don't come off all innocent in this. It's in the past though, and I apologized to you because I'm better than that. Peace jgb. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SOJ said:

I posted this else where so all of you can read it:  

Robert Saleh’s New York Jets are on a historically bad pace
With their gruesome 54-13 loss to the New England Patriots in Week 7, Robert Saleh and the New York Jets have fallen to 1-5.

A 1-5 record is bad enough in itself, but the team’s overall performance level independent of the win-loss record puts them on track to become one of the worst teams – if not the worst team – in Jets history.

Yes, even worse than Adam Gase’s squads.

Let’s stack up the 2021 Jets against Gase’s 2019-20 Jets and some of the other brutal teams in Jets history.


Season-long pace
The Jets currently own a scoring margin of -95. They are scoring 13.3 points per game (32nd) and allowing 29.2 points per game (29th) for an average scoring margin of -15.8.

If maintained, that would be the worst mark in the history of the New York Jets.

Here are the worst teams in franchise history based on their average scoring margin at the end of the season:


 

1.     2021 (-15.8)

2.     1976 (-15.3)

3.     2020 (-13.4)

4.     1975 (-12.5)

5.     1996 (-10.9)

6.     1963 (-10.7)

7.     1962 (-10.4)

8.     1989 (-9.9)

9.     1995 (-9.4)

10.  2016 (-8.4)

We’re only six games in, so the Jets have 11 games to pull themselves out of the franchise’s all-time basement, but the sad fact of the matter is that the Jets very well could finish the season in this spot if they do not start playing a substantially better quality of football.

The Jets’ numbers in non-scoring categories indicate that their scoring margin is not a fluke based on their performance to this point. They are currently ranked 31st in total offense and 27th in total defense. If those rankings are maintained, they would become the first team in franchise history (since moving to the NFL in 1970) to rank bottom-six in both categories.

Saleh’s 2021 Jets have been out-gained by 130.2 yards per game this season. Not only is that the worst mark in the NFL this season, but it would be the worst in the history of the Jets as well:


 

1.     2021 (-130.2)

2.     1963 (-118.3)

3.     2020 (-107.6)

4.     1976 (-99.0)

5.     1975 (-87.6)

6.     2018 (-81.2)

7.     1971 (-77.9)

8.     1964 (-73.7)

9.     1977 (-73.4)

10.  1989 (-61.4)

Yikes.

Even before the New England debacle (551-to-299 yardage edge for the Patriots), the Jets had an average yardage margin of -105.8 over their first five games, which would put them on pace for the third-worst mark in franchise history.

Six-game start
The Jets’ six-game start in 2021 is up there as one of the worst that the franchise has ever experienced, comparing closely to Gase’s 2019 and 2020 teams.
Here is a look at the worst yardage differentials through six games in Jets history:


 

1.     1963 (-873)

2.     2019 (-859)

3.     2021 (-781)

4.     2002 (-720)

5.     1976 (-687)

6.     1971 (-662)

7.     2020 (-613)

8.     2001 (-607)

9.     2007 (-571)

10.  2006 (-463)

Here is a look at the worst point differentials through six games in Jets history:

 

1.     1976 (-122)

2.     2020 (-110)

3.     2021 (-95)

4.     1962 (-94)

5.     2019 (-93)

6.     1996 (-91)

7.     1995 (-90)

8.     2002 (-74)

9.     2016 (-69)

10.  2014 (-62)

We are witnessing perhaps the most embarrassing era in Jets history. The 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons represent three of the five worst six-game starts in franchise history based on point differential.

The Jets are a young, rebuilding team, but that is no excuse for the level of ineptitude that has been show

22 QB's in the NFL have more passing yards than the entire NY Jets offense.

That is mind blowing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

22 QB's in the NFL have more passing yards than the entire NY Jets offense.

That is mind blowing.

We need Zach to stop missing easy open throws and reads. We need WRs that will catch a ball that they can get 2 hands on, even if the placement isn’t where it needs to be… 

it would probably not solve anything right now but a trade for Allen Robinson and contract would be something I’d seriously consider, regardless of QB. We need a #1 and if Zach gets his head out of his a$$ Robinson could open up the offense and maybe actually get the ball thrown his way here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

22 QB's in the NFL have more passing yards than the entire NY Jets offense.

That is mind blowing.

 

17 hours ago, SOJ said:

I posted this else where so all of you can read it:  

Robert Saleh’s New York Jets are on a historically bad pace
With their gruesome 54-13 loss to the New England Patriots in Week 7, Robert Saleh and the New York Jets have fallen to 1-5.

A 1-5 record is bad enough in itself, but the team’s overall performance level independent of the win-loss record puts them on track to become one of the worst teams – if not the worst team – in Jets history.

Yes, even worse than Adam Gase’s squads.

Let’s stack up the 2021 Jets against Gase’s 2019-20 Jets and some of the other brutal teams in Jets history.


Season-long pace
The Jets currently own a scoring margin of -95. They are scoring 13.3 points per game (32nd) and allowing 29.2 points per game (29th) for an average scoring margin of -15.8.

If maintained, that would be the worst mark in the history of the New York Jets.

Here are the worst teams in franchise history based on their average scoring margin at the end of the season:


 

1.     2021 (-15.8)

2.     1976 (-15.3)

3.     2020 (-13.4)

4.     1975 (-12.5)

5.     1996 (-10.9)

6.     1963 (-10.7)

7.     1962 (-10.4)

8.     1989 (-9.9)

9.     1995 (-9.4)

10.  2016 (-8.4)

We’re only six games in, so the Jets have 11 games to pull themselves out of the franchise’s all-time basement, but the sad fact of the matter is that the Jets very well could finish the season in this spot if they do not start playing a substantially better quality of football.

The Jets’ numbers in non-scoring categories indicate that their scoring margin is not a fluke based on their performance to this point. They are currently ranked 31st in total offense and 27th in total defense. If those rankings are maintained, they would become the first team in franchise history (since moving to the NFL in 1970) to rank bottom-six in both categories.

Saleh’s 2021 Jets have been out-gained by 130.2 yards per game this season. Not only is that the worst mark in the NFL this season, but it would be the worst in the history of the Jets as well:


 

1.     2021 (-130.2)

2.     1963 (-118.3)

3.     2020 (-107.6)

4.     1976 (-99.0)

5.     1975 (-87.6)

6.     2018 (-81.2)

7.     1971 (-77.9)

8.     1964 (-73.7)

9.     1977 (-73.4)

10.  1989 (-61.4)

Yikes.

Even before the New England debacle (551-to-299 yardage edge for the Patriots), the Jets had an average yardage margin of -105.8 over their first five games, which would put them on pace for the third-worst mark in franchise history.

Six-game start
The Jets’ six-game start in 2021 is up there as one of the worst that the franchise has ever experienced, comparing closely to Gase’s 2019 and 2020 teams.
Here is a look at the worst yardage differentials through six games in Jets history:


 

1.     1963 (-873)

2.     2019 (-859)

3.     2021 (-781)

4.     2002 (-720)

5.     1976 (-687)

6.     1971 (-662)

7.     2020 (-613)

8.     2001 (-607)

9.     2007 (-571)

10.  2006 (-463)

Here is a look at the worst point differentials through six games in Jets history:

 

1.     1976 (-122)

2.     2020 (-110)

3.     2021 (-95)

4.     1962 (-94)

5.     2019 (-93)

6.     1996 (-91)

7.     1995 (-90)

8.     2002 (-74)

9.     2016 (-69)

10.  2014 (-62)

We are witnessing perhaps the most embarrassing era in Jets history. The 2019, 2020, and 2021 seasons represent three of the five worst six-game starts in franchise history based on point differential.

The Jets are a young, rebuilding team, but that is no excuse for the level of ineptitude that has been show

This is actually unbelievable.

The people preaching patience need to be thrown into the sea. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

22 QB's in the NFL have more passing yards than the entire NY Jets offense.

That is mind blowing.

The Jets first quarter futility is also unbelievable. Hard to believe they practiced all week and that's the best they got when the game starts. Mike Lafleur had 2 weeks to prepare for the Patriots in a rematch of week 2, and the results from two drives by our AGNB offense was 41 total yards and 0 points.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Somehow I'm not buying you, notorious for having a great memory, not remembering what happened this past Sunday between us in my Jets will beat the Patriots thread, and what you said that clearly provoked me. It's not as if I blow my top around here much if at all, nor do I ever report anyone, so please don't come off all innocent in this. It's in the past though, and I apologized to you because I'm better than that. Peace jgb. 

I guess now it's my turn to apologize for not remembering what you were apologizing about :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I guess now it's my turn to apologize for not remembering what you were apologizing about :) 

You were arguing for the designated hitter.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You were arguing for the designated hitter.

Ah, that must've been it. I thought it was probably because I was being overly optimistic about the Jets again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OOoooh statistics!   Historically bad!  It's the second worst start in the past two years!!!!  We aren't cherry picking things by posting this sh*t after the Pats almost dropped a double nickel, are we?  I mean if they lost all their games by 40 that would be the worst ever!

I don't preach patience.  I just point out that you can't act like you are patient if you are losing your sh*t right now.  They look like sh*t to start every game.  I'm not sure what that means.  Are they just that bad and crushed until teams take their foot off the pedal?  Are they unprepared?  Are key rookies <Wilson, cough, cough> pressing?  There was a time under Gase when they repeatedly scored on the first drive.  They still sucked.  They still lost most of the games.  Was that better?  Better coaching?  

My biggest disappointment was getting railroaded by the Pats run game.  I guess that is from Mosley being out, but that should not have happened.  

I am worried.  I am angry.  I am complaining.  I am also patient enough to understand that I was going to be ball of these things in 2021.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hex said:

I mean, the bengals went 2-14, then drafted a quarterback that came out of nowhere, who then got hurt and they finished 4-11-1. Hope it's at least a little similar

The Bengals showed patience while Jets fans have ZERO patience. What's worse is that ownership tends to cave in to fan impatience which is why we are where we are. I know Saleh made a mistake hiring Mike Lafleur to run his offense but he had Greg Knapp in lace to "provide insight" his death was the biggest single blow to the Jets offense and Saleh and JD need to bring someone in who can help Lafleur's learning curve. He doesn't know what he doesn't know, so how can he fix it? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The Bengals showed patience while Jets fans have ZERO patience. What's worse is that ownership tends to cave in to fan impatience which is why we are where we are. I know Saleh made a mistake hiring Mike Lafleur to run his offense but he had Greg Knapp in lace to "provide insight" his death was the biggest single blow to the Jets offense and Saleh and JD need to bring someone in who can help Lafleur's learning curve. He doesn't know what he doesn't know, so how can he fix it? 

Ah the old "the fans are to blame" routine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stark said:

We need Zach to stop missing easy open throws and reads. We need WRs that will catch a ball that they can get 2 hands on, even if the placement isn’t where it needs to be… 

it would probably not solve anything right now but a trade for Allen Robinson and contract would be something I’d seriously consider, regardless of QB. We need a #1 and if Zach gets his head out of his a$$ Robinson could open up the offense and maybe actually get the ball thrown his way here.

Not that I wouldnt welcome Robinson but IMO the weaponz, are not the problem.  Davis, Cole, Crowder, Moore, Mims is a solid WR core and many QBs would love to have type of supporting cast.  Remember, prior to the season everyone's narrative was, Zach has been surrounded with weaponz, there is no excuse. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

@Integrity28

Would  arguing be appropriate here? Is this not a generalized attack. 

3rd thread started this morning Ali e attacking for no other Reston than to instigate.  
 

lmfao, omg enough already.  This is about the ineptitude of the Jets and comparing them to the Bengals.  We've talked about the ineptitude of the offense, there isnt a single post in here bashing Zach.  You took it there, go figure. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...