Will this become the Great Halloween Massacre of 2021? Predictions for Jets-Bengals

55 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are so many things you can rightfully get mad at JD about, but having Mike White as a backup is the least of them. There is a playoff contending team starting Geno Smith right now. GENO SMITH. 

The Super Bowl favorite Bucs have Blaine Gabbert! 

Geno Smith and Blaine Gabbert have probably started over 100 NFL games combined...Mike White 0.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Has Saleh committed to White as the starter for Sunday?

Joe Flacco is taking care of personal business and won't be in the building till Friday....so unless they are gonna start him with one day of practice White will most likely start

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

Joe Flacco is taking care of personal business and won't be in the building till Friday....so unless they are gonna start him with one day of practice White will most likely start

Thanks, u.  Figured as much.  If so, it will not be pretty.   Most likely White throws a bunch of picks and has at least one strip sack.

• Upvote 1

I originally was predicting The MetLife Stadium Insurrection with drunk, costumed fans losing their sh-t, but after the blowout in Foxboro I don't think anyone is going to show up to burn hats and shout we want the pumpkin.  I myself will be getting ready for Halloween.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

I have a sneaking suspicion that this game will be closer than we all expect. 

Everyone has the Jets losing by historical margins - this is logical. The Jets are dreadful and the Bengals are really good and just got finished destroying the Ravens in Baltimore. What isn't logical, however, are the NY Jets.

They usually have a game or two every season where an elite team plays down to their level and I just have a feeling this will be one of those games. The defense will play more "inspired" after giving up 54 points and the Bengals will be in full let-down mode after their huge win and will sleepwalk through the first half. 

I predict that game will be close midway through the 3rd quarter before the Bengals inevitably wake up and pull away. 

Bengals: 24

Jets: 10

(The score will be tied at 10 at halftime)

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Joe Burrow has accounted for roughly 2,000 yards and 17 TD's.

The NY Jets have accounted for roughly 1,600 yards and 9 TD's.

Now some of you might read that and say, wow, Joe Burrow is good.  Others will say wow, the NY Jets suck.

And this is where I tell you that 22 QB's in the NFL have more yards passing and as many TD or more than the entire NY Jets offense. 

Oh come on now ??, just when you think it can’t get worse I see a stat like this 

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bengals 47

Jets 1

That's actually possible, believe it or not

I think it involves a safety from the extra point in the entire other endzone

I would count that as a win for the jets if they pulled that off

We’re not facing a coaching staff on the same level as NEP even though overall the Bengals might have the skill set over NEP. If the Patriots continue to improve esp on the O side of the ball they could do better then most people believe they can do and win more games than they lose. If you want to give the Jets D last week a mulligan that’s the game you’d give them because overall performance esp on D was horrific. Players didn’t show up last Sunday and Jets aren’t good enough to play lackadaisical ball. Always hard to predict with them because you’ll always get burned. I think we’ll lose but not get destroyed by Cincy. Which isn’t saying much because for the second straight year we’re not competitive and before half our games have been played already way out of contention. It’s hard being a Jets fan. 

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Yeah I mean come on I despise Geno Smith as a player and person but he is a legit backup QB.

Winning teams aren't that worried about the development of D level QBs they are looking for the back up that gives them the best chance to win a few games if there's an injury...which Geno and Gabbert are obvious better prepared to do.  JDs handling of the back up is just him trying to be cute developing one instead of just paying one a few million bucks....which has led to wasting draft picks.

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2021 at 3:58 PM, kevinc855 said:

Just throw screens against us and we are toast. 

Its halloween at home so the drunks will be extra drunk and pissed off. 

Boo birds may be heard from the city

So all the Bengal WR's and RB's will be costumed up as screens this Sunday. It's going to be a long day.