I finally did it

sec143dmf

2 hours ago, BP said:

no accountability. Saleh should be saying players jobs are on the line (van rotten hello) but he says nothing. So why should they block or tackle? 

Are jobs really on the line? 

“van rotten, your performance is underwhelming. Were in a bad place now. Im afraid that I have no choice but to let you sit down and relax while you earn your $345,312.55 this sunday”

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

I’m done.  Surprised I was able to get a refund for games not attended yet this year but I was. Hurts to walk away from 15k spent on psl fees but it’s best to cut my loses now. Plus if I ever wanted to attend a game it will be cheaper to buy on the secondary market. I’ve bought many dumb things in my life but jets season tickets and psl’s are high on my list.  I literally sold my seats for $40 a piece for Sunday and the seats cost me $150 each. Done throwing my money away on this team. 

Good for you! Now, call sirrius and cancel that too because howard is a lazy woke hypocrite.

I am waiting fir SAR1 to chime in. Should be good

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Hopefully by December they only get 25,000. I had mentioned this in another post about a month ago.

what would be better than booing their terrible performance would be laughing ( hard and loud)! If everyone did that after a bad play it would have to be real embarrassing.

A stadium full of people laughing. Think about what it sounds like at the Garden when Sebastian Maniscalco is there. And on TV for all to hear.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

I’m done.  Surprised I was able to get a refund for games not attended yet this year but I was. Hurts to walk away from 15k spent on psl fees but it’s best to cut my loses now. Plus if I ever wanted to attend a game it will be cheaper to buy on the secondary market. I’ve bought many dumb things in my life but jets season tickets and psl’s are high on my list.  I literally sold my seats for $40 a piece for Sunday and the seats cost me $150 each. Done throwing my money away on this team. 

Damn I would’ve gave you $41. Then resold them for $45. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

im confused.

did you give them up forever? or just this season or just Sunday?

im glad your happy. good for you. and  this is not to attack you in any way but if people thinks this hurts Woody it wont. there got to be tons of people on the list waiting to get season tickets.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

You made a wise choice however, you probably just generated at least 5 responses from SAR once he reads this.

Realizing that he provides more entertainment than the Jets themselves, SAR now requires a payment of $125 per day for PSL/Stadium thread contributions.

PM for Venmo details.

SAR I

• Haha 2

It's really ashame what's happening to the Jets. I seen alot good guys leave this year. Covid didnt help either. 

They have fielded one of the worse Jet teams in history and tell people its all part of the plan. Just toy with the fan base and watch your team become a national laughing stock. 

• Upvote 1

congrats I walked away from my psls as well but I did it before the seasons-I saw all I needed to see from Joe last year no matter how much his fan boys loved him.

it does sting to take the loss on what you paid but just look at it this way you are not throwing away thousands of dollars each year to compound the problem while getting a poor roi as jets are not even fun to watch anymore

the secondary market is where it is at anyways-you dont get stuck buying the preseason games and you can buy them much cheaper on the secondary market and the bigger the ticket price the bigger the discount on the secondary market will be-right now you can find coach's club tickets for the low $200s while their face value is $715-figure the avg holder has a pair of tickets with the fees to list them they will lose $1000-$1300 every week 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Hey, give Woody credit where credit is due. He has squeezed out gouging prices on an inferior product for a decade. That's actually pretty impressive. For all Woody's faults -- and there are many -- from a business perspective, the guy is one of the best in the NFL. Of course, the best owners (from football perspective) care more about winning then the P&L.

I thought you were joking about Woody's business acumen, but I think you're serious. 

Woody was outmaneuvered by Jame freekin Dolan. Think about that for a second.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BP said:

God bless your soul! I might add, not only the money but 8 entire sundays are wasted just to be aggravated and pissed off. Better off feeling like that for free.

You should be commended for your decision.

Exactly. My Sundays are practically ruined from having to spend 3 hours watching this team, but at least I can flip to Redzone and have my mornings and afternoons. Why anyone would commit to this franchise BEFORE things are actually turned around is crazy. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I thought you were joking about Woody's business acumen, but I think you're serious. 

Woody was outmaneuvered by Jame freekin Dolan. Think about that for a second.

I actually am serious that I think Woody's Jets are in the top 25% of teams in terms of profitability. This is just my feeling as only the Packers publicly disclose.

But -- this is not some glorification of Woody's business acumen per se. I'm suggesting that the best franchises are owned by guys who put winning first while Woody studies spreadsheets of hot dog profit margins. 

4 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

"It's fans like you that cause Woody Johnson to fire great HC's like Adam Gase and replace HOF QBs like Mark Sanchez"

(an argument I'm expecting a certain person to make)

• Haha 3

The benefits of the early access to "great" MetLife event tickets not enough to keep you hanging on??

Anyhow, good for you!  Giving money to a billionaire(10.7B) for this product is insane.  I'll be joining you shortly as a former season ticket holder. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

The lost ticket revenue is irrelevant.  But the visual of less/no fans in the stadium, or packed with opposing fans, will have an impact.

The Jets could never sell another ticket again and still be a profitable enterprise. Woody's response would just be to cut costs to the bone and spend the minimum cap -- making matters worse. The good teams subsidize the bad ones. Always been that way since big time TV revenue dollars and likely always will be.

However, Woody has shown several times he is sensitive to optics/fan pressure. In fact, even worse than an empty stadium (which can be explained away by several factors) would be if the fans do come but make some sort of demonstration -- such as turning their backs on the game for the first Jets offensive drive, for example. That would show thought-out intent and organization on the part of fans. Something like that would hurt much worse IMHO.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Did the same 4 years ago.  Ate the PSL payments I'd already made and I go to just as many games as ever for less than face value.  Worst "investment" ever.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Hopefully by December they only get 25,000. I had mentioned this in another post about a month ago.

what would be better than booing their terrible performance would be laughing ( hard and loud)! If everyone did that after a bad play it would have to be real embarrassing.

A stadium full of people laughing. Think about what it sounds like at the Garden when Sebastian Maniscalco is there. And on TV for all to hear.

J-E-T-S   L   O    L

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

The Jets could never sell another ticket again and still be a profitable enterprise. The good teams subsidize the bad ones. Always been that way since big time TV revenue dollars and likely always will be. Woody has shown several times he is sensitive to optics/fan pressure. In fact, even worse than an empty stadium (which can be explained away by several factors) would be if the fans do come but make some sort of demonstration -- such as turning their backs on the game for the first Jets offensive drive, for example. That would show thought-out intent and organization on the part of fans. Something like that would hurt much worse IMHO.

I explained that entire media money aspect to my son a while back.  Tickets, merchandise, etc. are all secondary revenue streams. 

I always used the image of a guy showing up once a year handing Woody a check for 1/32 of the NFL's media deal.  Now, it's even easier as the funds are just transferred directly into his account.  Best or worst team gets exactly the same money.  That is an owner's only true motivation.   Okay, a few of them actually appreciate/relish the idea of winning a Super Bowl trophy.   But even they would pitch that goal out a window as long as the annual media money showed up.

Competition would improve if teams were given media money based on a sliding scale.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I explained that entire media money aspect to my son a while back.  Tickets, merchandise, etc. are all secondary revenue streams. 

I always used the image of a guy showing up once a year handing Woody a check for 1/32 of the NFL's media deal.  Now, it's even easier as the funds are just transferred directly into his account.  Best or worst team gets exactly the same money.  That is an owner's only true motivation.   Okay, a few of them actually appreciate/relish the idea of winning a Super Bowl trophy.   But even they would pitch out a window as long as the annual media money showed up.

Competition would improve if teams were give media money based on a sliding scale.  

Yep. My proposal would be to allocate 19% of the TV revs (the percentage of weeks that are playoff weeks) to the playoff teams. Add a financial incentive to be a consistent contender. I mean it is a little ridiculous that Woody and the Fords are getting paid from playoff TV revenues. But alas it is a pipe dream because it would never get the votes at the owners' meeting.

Mazel tov?

3 hours ago, BP said:

While this is true, the fan base has seriously eroded over the past 10 years. The only thing that will bring them back is a winning team. And the way they’re playing now, who knows when that’s gonna happen.

no accountability. Saleh should be saying players jobs are on the line (van rotten hello) but he says nothing. So why should they block or tackle? 

I have been an avid Jets fan for over 52 years now, and I am doing something this Sunday that is difficult for me.  I have decided to not watch the game, and although it will be difficult for me, I am going to see my grandchildren and enjoy them on this Halloween.  

It is my way to protest the embarrassment of this team for the last 2 years.  I realize that it means nothing, but to devote an entire day to the Jets, from pregame to postgame, my time is too valuable to waste on a team and organization that doesn't seem to care. 

If the Jets continue to get blown out, I will continue to not watch the games, and my predication is that it will get easier to not watch as the games go on.  The only thing that will change that is if the Jets start to win, which I doubt.  The Jets have 4 games that they should be competitive in, and that is the 2 Dolphin games, the Texans game, and the Jaguars game.  I predict that they will go 2-2 in those 4 games, and end up 3-14 at this point.

• Upvote 3