I finally did it

sec143dmf

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

5028800cv12d.jpg

Cash is over.  So are plastic credit cards.   Every hot dog vendor in Central Park takes Square.   

You enter your credit card into your smartphone's wallet and then when you're buying something you just hover over the little hockey puck reader, you hear a 'ding', and the payment is made through your credit card company, hands-free, touch-free, no cash, no physical credit card needed.

SAR I

It is amazing the advancements in technology in such short periods of time - yet this team makes the same mistakes that they made over 40 years ago. I guess one has to hope that it changes  - just not sure in my lifetime.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed. I went to opening day here in Charlotte, parties hard with 100's of fans. Each year, a bunch of us go to a road game.  But short of that.....  I don't want Woody getting a red cent of my time or money.

Meh - Woody Johnson is worth like 4B whether he gets my couple hundred bucks or not.  This is about my time and frankly, Jets sort of get Marie Kondo'd if we're being honest.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Can you image what the reaction would be if the TV feed picked up a stadium chant of "J - E - T - S, ha, ha, ha!"? THAT would be stupendous. (And I don't even want to fire Douglass and Saleh.)

I would love a deafening "Wood..Y...Sucks....Wood...Y...Sucks!!" chant throughout the game.

7 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

I’m done.  Surprised I was able to get a refund for games not attended yet this year but I was. Hurts to walk away from 15k spent on psl fees but it’s best to cut my loses now. Plus if I ever wanted to attend a game it will be cheaper to buy on the secondary market. I’ve bought many dumb things in my life but jets season tickets and psl’s are high on my list.  I literally sold my seats for $40 a piece for Sunday and the seats cost me $150 each. Done throwing my money away on this team. 

Well done! You won't regret it, likely ever. You can always strategically target games to buy tix for in the offseason. 

In 2013 I led the way with my family getting rid of our 4 tix. It was my account, we had the tix beginning '96. Many tens of thousands $ later (including on unused/unsold tix due to Jets suckage/some of us residing elsewhere & PSL payments): it hit me why the hell am I even paying for this? My family agreed and we haven't looked back.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

I’m done.  Surprised I was able to get a refund for games not attended yet this year but I was. Hurts to walk away from 15k spent on psl fees but it’s best to cut my loses now. Plus if I ever wanted to attend a game it will be cheaper to buy on the secondary market. I’ve bought many dumb things in my life but jets season tickets and psl’s are high on my list.  I literally sold my seats for $40 a piece for Sunday and the seats cost me $150 each. Done throwing my money away on this team. 

season 16 12 steps GIFRecovery Addiction GIF by Gifs Lab

5028800cv12d.jpg
Cash is over.  So are plastic credit cards.   Every hot dog vendor in Central Park takes Square.   
You enter your credit card into your smartphone's wallet and then when you're buying something you just hover over the little hockey puck reader, you hear a 'ding', and the payment is made through your credit card company, hands-free, touch-free, no cash, no physical credit card needed.
SAR I

Best idea since PSLs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

42 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Best idea since PSLs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just an FYI as per your user name. The Jets had a 10 year anniversary of the super bowl champs back in 1978, I was at that game at Shea. Randy Rasmussen came out in uniform at halftime. It was pretty cool.

Come to think of it, those Shea halftime shows were some of the greatest. You had a frisbee guy and a dog. And the best was the mechanized miniature flying plane that crashed into the stands and killed a Patriots fan lol

20 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The team's ticket rep just emailed me to be on the lookout next week for an exciting announcement regarding next season's tickets. Color me "excited". 

For every game you attend this year, your tickets for next year will be no charge.  Attend all 9 home games this year, get 9 home games for free next year.

That is what I would do if I wanted to retain my season-ticket holders who are ready to throw in the towel (raises hand).  

The Jets knowingly went into this season unprepared to play and incapable of winning. Something should be done to make this right to their most loyal fans.  Or we  are going to walk away.

Atop the $5,000 my tickets cost me this year, I am going to spend, what, another $10,000 before getting a chance to see a winning season in 2024?  $15,000 for this crap?  Think again.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, PS17 said:

I hope the attendance this weekend is 40,000 and 20,000 are Bengals fans. 

donated my tickets this week - a better option than selling them for pennies on the dollar, and a tax write off too.. although I do feel a little bad about the poor United Way kids who are now going to have to attend. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For every game you attend this year, your tickets for next year will be no charge.  Attend all 9 home games this year, get 9 home games for free next year.

That is what I would do if I wanted to retain my season-ticket holders who are ready to throw in the towel (raises hand).  

The Jets knowingly went into this season unprepared to play and incapable of winning. Something should be done to make this right to their most loyal fans.  Or we  are going to walk away.

Atop the $5,000 my tickets cost me this year, I am going to spend, what, another $10,000 before getting a chance to see a winning season in 2024?  $15,000 for this crap?  Think again.

SAR I

Please keep us updated on the great game experience this Sunday you are going to have in the empty stadium. We are very excited to hear your thoughts.

Love You ❤️ 

BP

39 minutes ago, BP said:

Please keep us updated on the great game experience this Sunday you are going to have in the empty stadium. We are very excited to hear your thoughts.

Love You ❤️ 

BP

As stated this morning, $125 is my daily rate for PSL/Stadium JN content creation as a way to offset ticket expenses and be fairly compensated for providing JN subscribers an entertainment experience more compelling than the Jets themselves.  I am no longer providing this content for free.

SAR I

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, BP said:

At this point I don’t care how he does it as long as it gets done. But if I see van rotten out there again, then saleh is in over his head. And after van rotten called out Wilson in the press it would be cool if saleh publicly announced his benching.

Agree.  But who plays for GVR?

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As stated this morning, $125 is my daily rate for PSL/Stadium JN content creation as a way to offset ticket expenses and be fairly compensated for providing JN subscribers an entertainment experience more compelling than the Jets themselves.  I am no longer providing this content for free.

SAR I

Send me the link to your Amazon wishlist. I’ll buy you all the lingerie you want.

How did you get them to refund you for this season?   

Had my tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old and have only missed 3 home games since 1991.  I’m missing this Sunday to go trick or treating with my kids.  I’ll have them game on in my garage so I can give trick or treaters candy but I have a feeling by halftime the game will be shut off.  

6 of our last 9 at home will be brutal.  I’m expecting a full house of Bills fans for the Bills game and a ghost town the rest of the season. 

1995-1996 was brutal but it only last two years.  The past decade is been awful minus a 5 game win streak in 2015.  

I hope that somehow Saleh turns this around since I don’t think many people want to come to this organization.  It’s a great place to ruin your career.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2021 at 9:17 AM, doitny said:

im confused.

did you give them up forever? or just this season or just Sunday?

im glad your happy. good for you. and  this is not to attack you in any way but if people thinks this hurts Woody it wont. there got to be tons of people on the list waiting to get season tickets.

There hasn't been a waitlist since Giants Stadium.  The Jets can't give season tickets away.  

• Sympathy 1

On 10/28/2021 at 4:47 AM, sec143dmf said:

Did you have to return the BMW too?

On 10/28/2021 at 5:47 AM, sec143dmf said:

I’m done.  Surprised I was able to get a refund for games not attended yet this year but I was.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:53 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

How did you get them to refund you for this season?   

Please explain how you got the NY Jets to refund you the remaining home games?  I would have thought 
tumblr_o2a20tr8bX1utti2ko5_400.gifv

I gave up my season tickets a while ago, best decision ever.  Between bad Jet teams, having to eat tickets because of other family activities and the ability to get tickets on the secondary market, there was zero need to keep the season tickets.  

The Jets have a serious problem on their hands when it comes to attendance.  I went to the Titans game and was shocked at how many empty seats there were.  For an early season game with perfect weather there shouldn’t have that many no-shows.  There are tickets for the Bengals game in the lower level for less than $50 on Stubhub right now.   Now with the regular season extending into January, I can only imagine how empty the stadium will be when the weather sucks.  

• Upvote 1