The 2021 NFL trade deadline is set for 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 2.

rox

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The last position that needs an upgrade in 2021 is CB. If the Jets are upgrading anything, it needs to be RG, LB, and TE. 

seconded - though i would expand that RG to include interior Oline, period... I'm not as hung up TE this year as some of you. Zach can't find our WR, let alone a TE... until that fixes itself, it's wasted resources.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

seconded - though i would expand that RG to include interior Oline, period... I'm not as hung up TE this year as some of you. Zach can't find our WR, let alone a TE... until that fixes itself, it's wasted resources.

Thirded (is that a word?; it should be).  I think we're fine at center & obviously left guard.  I was with you Paradis at TE a week ago but then didn't see any first round tight ends on any 2022 draft lists so my views on this have changed.  Plus an effective TE is often a rookie quarterback's best friend.  Our LBs have been decimated but I think offense and Wilson's development trump Defense, especially if Davis and Mosely are healthy going forward. 

Goodbye Maye & Crowder. 

Hello RG & TE.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

My trade deadline prediction is that Joe D doesn’t trade Maye, trades Crowder to Baltimore and does nothing to address OL/TE

I hope I’m wrong because I really want him to bring in Hurst,Engram,Howard or Njoku

A 1-5 team shouldn't use draft capital to fix the oline at the deadline. You have to overpay at the deadline for players. You are competing with teams who are desperate for help to win a Super Bowl. The time to fix the oline is in the offseason. Then again, 1-5 teams generally don't trade draft picks for 3rd string QBs........

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If any of you think JD is bringing talent here and not the other way around .you haven't been paying attention. 

Agreed - Playoff caliber teams trade for players at this point. Not bargain hunters looking for long term fill ins. Unless something like the QB goes down without a real backup. :-)

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

My trade deadline prediction is that Joe D doesn’t trade Maye, trades Crowder to Baltimore and does nothing to address OL/TE

I hope I’m wrong because I really want him to bring in Hurst,Engram,Howard or Njoku

Me thinks keeping Maye is not so smart unless you feel that JD feels he is part of the long term plan or that he is critical in keeping this year to mentor the rookies.  I highly doubt the first part for well reported reasons and am leaning toward doubtful on the latter since Maye was not named a captain.  But who really knows.

The other consideration is what could the Jets get in return from teams looking to buy low?  I'd be thrilled with a 3 and would expect 3-4 to be the sweet spot.  Anything below that, JD says f.u.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

A 1-5 team shouldn't use draft capital to fix the oline at the deadline. You have to overpay at the deadline for players. You are competing with teams who are desperate for help to win a Super Bowl. The time to fix the oline is in the offseason. Then again, 1-5 teams generally don't trade draft picks for 3rd string QBs........

This is true! Although we’re 1-5 we still have a rookie QB who’s struggling that’s why I’d be a little more aggressive in upgrading the OL/TE rooms. If Zach was out the for year I wouldn’t give a sh*t though 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I could definitely see either Crowder or Cole getting moved. For all the "Cole is so much better" talk when we added him, Crowder is simply a better football player. 

Regardless, both are UFAs after the season and - despite the obvious size difference - at their best they both play the same position (the same position Moore probably should be playing, at that). They're not re-signing both after the season, the depth for the balance of the season is less important with Wilson out for another month or so, and potential 2023 comp picks are too hard to predict this far in advance. Bird in the hand. 

Maye I could see him keeping because he could just tag him for one more season, but of course it depends on the top offer. But Maye and Crowder are both probably bitter about their contracts - Maye for getting tagged with no extension, and Crowder for getting the squeeze put on him well after FA and the draft were over - so they seem the least likely (with trade value) to re-sign here after the season's over.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I was in your boat until recently. I wasn't too concerned because Kroft is serviceable, and Griffin has shown that he occasionally belongs on the field. Kroft is doing what Kroft does. He cannot get on the field. I agree with Zach Wilson not being able to find open receivers, but the TE room is NOT helping. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

If they’ve decided that Mims isn’t a good scheme fit and/or culture fit, it’s time to trade him. Preferably for another young player rather than a draft pick. 

I agree with this. There is a back up RG who is better than GVR on someone's roster, and I would be on board for that trade. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I would normally agree unless your team has a rookie QB whose critical early development is being thrown off by a massive weak link named GVR.  IF you can get a legitimate starting  or starting caliber RG in exchange for Maye or Crowder, then you take it.  Maybe from a winning team that has drafted well and badly needs a safety or WR.

This allows Wilson to have a better foundation for development, prevents you from overpaying in FA to the extent there is more than 1 year on said contract, and removes 1 more need from the draft.  

If you can do this + get a safety valve tight end with upside, then the offense and Wilson have a lot more hope.  The secondary has been the least of our worries on Defense (except inability to cover backs, which tends to fall to LBs).  Some might not like Berrios better than Crowder but Wilson seems to feel comfortable with him (and he's been productive).  Him and E Moore should be more than adequate in the slot.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I could definitely see either Crowder or Cole getting moved. For all the "Cole is so much better" talk when we added him, Crowder is simply a better football player. 

Regardless, both are UFAs after the season and - despite the obvious size difference - at their best they both play the same position (the same position Moore probably should be playing, at that). They're not re-signing both after the season, the depth for the balance of the season is less important with Wilson out for another month or so, and potential 2023 comp picks are too hard to predict this far in advance. Bird in the hand. 

Maye I could see him keeping because he could just tag him for one more season, but of course it depends on the top offer. But Maye and Crowder are both probably bitter about their contracts - Maye for getting tagged with no extension, and Crowder for getting the squeeze put on him well after FA and the draft were over - so they seem the least likely (with trade value) to re-sign here after the season's over.

Nothing like a nice spring cleaning in the fall.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SR24 said:

This is true! Although we’re 1-5 we still have a rookie QB who’s struggling that’s why I’d be a little more aggressive in upgrading the OL/TE rooms. If Zach was out the for year I wouldn’t give a sh*t though 

If we could land a TE or OL at a reasonable price (or even slightly more than reasonable) I would definitely do it. I just think the only good players made available this time of year are 1 year rentals that you could lose in free agency after the year. 

Once in a while a young Laremy Tunsil type breaks free. In that situation, it makes sense. 

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

So I take it you didnt see the Falcons or Pats game. Cool.

We gave up 81 points in those two games. Do you want to guess how many WRs scored TDs? It was 90pct RBs and TEs on screen passes or running plays. 

With that said, our CBs may be bad, but other teams realize that there is no need to air it out when you can just dump it off at the line of scrimmage and watch the rest of our defense look like lost. Thank you Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't disagree but how is it a smart move to trade for a back up QB at 1-5 but no other position?  Just asking because I noticed you posted how smart that was.

27 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I thought LBs were a bigger need.

Saleh's idea of using safties to play LB was quite odd. I get the notion it has become a passing league etc etc but it doesnt seem to be working. Even withthe inuries to Cashman and Davis - who knows what they really would have been able to contribute - I agree LB is a desperate need.  Mosely is the only LB we have that makes an impact.  Lil QW has been good and makes a nice depth piece.  Will be interesting how they go foward withthe LB position next year.  

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Big and bigger - whats the difference.  We need a shutdown CB to go along with Hall who has the potential to be a very good #2 CB.  Echols is a nice depth piece. 

I don't think we need a shutdown CB cause they aren't playing that kind of D.  The kids have been okay and are developing.  If they go for a CB, I only see it being a value deal.  

At this point I don't think we even have 3 healthy LB on roster and that includes safeties we are converting to LB.