The 2021 NFL trade deadline is set for 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 2.

rox

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

any chance of trading this entire coaching staff?  If not all, then I'll settle for the little boy they hired as OC.  

Idk if we could trade Lafleur for an already scratched losing lotto ticket 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

I’d go for Hayden Hurst in Atlanta. He’s not a world beater by any means but he can make some plays, his options already been declined and the Falcons have Pitts. Shouldn’t be too expensive to get or extend after this year 

Hurst seems to be a popular option... but does that mean we're offering him a contract? If not, then the price ought be nothing more than a conditional 7th. 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

any chance of trading this entire coaching staff?  If not all, then I'll settle for the little boy they hired as OC.  

Ya but JD would never be willing to part with the draft pick we'd be forced to pony up to get another team to take them.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Hurst seems to be a popular option... but does that mean we're offering him a contract? If not, then the price ought be nothing more than a conditional 7th. 

I’d throw a late round pick at them, try to get him in here and feel him out. If Zach likes him and they can make some plays try to sign him cheap with an opportunity to get some playing time and then invest an early pick at TE. Again he’s nothing special but  just another weapon to give Zach which is who this season is all about now

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’d throw a late round pick at them, try to get him in here and feel him out. If Zach likes him and they can make some plays try to sign him cheap with an opportunity to get some playing time and then invest an early pick at TE. Again he’s nothing special but  just another weapon to give Zach which is who this season is all about now

Respectfully, **** cheap. Do you want to see what we have in Zach or not?

Just now, jgb said:

Respectfully, **** cheap. Do you want to see what we have in Zach or not?

Oh I’m with ya man I’m simply saying get him in here as a TE1 for the remainder of the year this year, extend him on a cheap deal and then still invest a 1st/2nd on a TE in this coming draft.  Joe D’s gonna have like $70mil in cap space and better not enter next year with any of it left. He’s gotta pay the Jet tax and get good players in here however he can. Especially at C and RG

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Oh I’m with ya man I’m simply saying get him in here as a TE1 for the remainder of the year this year, extend him on a cheap deal and then still invest a 1st/2nd on a TE in this coming draft.  Joe D’s gonna have like $70mil in cap space and better not enter next year with any of it left. He’s gotta pay the Jet tax and get good players in here however he can. Especially at C and RG

How about switch Hurst with someone who's closer to mid-20s than 30?

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

How about switch Hurst with someone who's closer to mid-20s than 30?

I just don’t know who we’d be able to get at this point in the season? I like Gesicki from Miami but they won’t deal him, Engrams an option but he’s banged up all the time. I get what you mean though and I agree with you but idk what options are out there 

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

I just don’t know who we’d be able to get at this point in the season? I like Gesicki from Miami but they won’t deal him, Engrams an option but he’s banged up all the time. I get what you mean though and I agree with you but idk what options are out there 

Engram, Howard, Njoku... even Hurst would be a huge upgrade just not my first choice. Of course, JD will first see if there are any TE coupons in the Sunday Edition before making calls.

• Haha 2

On 10/28/2021 at 2:06 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The last position that needs an upgrade in 2021 is CB. If the Jets are upgrading anything, it needs to be RG, LB, and TE. 

Add a ture #1 WR and a elite RB and this team can get good real quick all of course depending on the QB situation getting a lot better

• Upvote 1

-  Almost everything within reason should be on the table for the Jets on deadline day. Nobody is saying Douglas should get crazy and blow the whole thing up. New York might be struggling right now, but there are still talented pieces worth keeping in the building. If Douglas can’t get an offer he likes for Crowder, Maye, Mims or whoever else, so be it. If he does, though, he is going to listen and he is going to do what he feels is best for the future of the organization.

--   https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/30/new-york-jets-2021-nfl-trade-deadline-joe-douglas-robert-saleh-marcus-maye-jamison-crowder/

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Saints need a quarterback. I would try to throw Flacco or Josh Johnson their way. The Jets will not carry 4 quarterbacks two weeks from now.

Can you trade a protected practice squad player?  I know practice squad guys can sign with anyone if they are promoted to the new teams active roster. I just don’t know the rules if the Jets decided to protect johnson again this week.  

18 minutes ago, Barton said:

Lions are awful. Wonder if TJ Hockenson is available for the right price.......Might consider trading Seahawks 1st rder for him

Yet another player @Pac was wrong about.

I highly doubt he'd be one of the players Detroit would be willing to dump.  A young star still on his rookie deal is exactly the kind of player you build your future around.

Trey Flowers and Michael Brockers are the types of guys they'd be looking to deal, if they're moving anyone.  Maybe even Jared Goff if there's a team out there who would be willing to take on the contract of a terrible QB.  Lord knows there's always one of those...

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Huh?  I said under no circumstances should they draft him that year.

Another thing I was right about.

Meanwhile the best players on our D are all Macc Men.  Smoke on that pipe.

Bryce Hall is the best player on the defense.  

And considering that the Jets have yet to use a pick higher than a 3rd rounder on the defense under JD (including a pick no higher than a 5th rounder in the last draft), I sure would hope some of the best players on the D are Macc guys.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Rumblings of Fant in Denver available. 

not sure his contract situation but I’d trade a 3rd for him 

If they do that then they're definitely loading up for Rodgers or Watson. Although apparently the latter will only accept a trade to Miami. Very cool to be picky in his situation. 

I really hope the Texans run out his contract and franchise him until his career is rotting in the grave. 

“With the trade deadline rapidly approaching, teams are looking toward New York for some receiver help. According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.tv, Jets wideouts Jamison Crowder and Denzel Mims “have emerged as hot names on the market.” The Saints and Packers are among the teams seeking help at the position, per the report.”

Meanwhile, it sounds like the Jets will continue to hear offers on safety Marcus Maye. ESPN’s Rich Cimini writes that the Jets want a second- or third-round pick in return, but the team is struggling to find a team that will give up those assets. Some suitors want the Jets to eat part of Maye’s salary, which could end up holding up a trade.