So who’s your 1a

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I couldn't believe we went from 104-91 to 104-103 in a little over 2 minutes. They kept fouling the Bulls and stopping the clock. During the MSG post game they talked about our problem closing games is a big concern. With that said Knicks are 4-1 and on top of the Eastern Conference. :)

The Bulls are a good team. DeRozen is one of the best players in the league. This is a game they lose last season.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I couldn't believe we went from 104-91 to 104-103 in a little over 2 minutes. They kept fouling the Bulls and stopping the clock. During the MSG post game they talked about our problem closing games is a big concern. With that said Knicks are 4-1 and on top of the Eastern Conference. :)

I was totally  waiting for them to foul on the Bulls last possession 

My 1a are the Redskins (that's right, I still call them the Redskins - at least when I'm reminiscing ?) which makes me a big friggin' two time loser!! Follow them from afar now, but still feel their pain.

Loved the early 80's Redskins teams with Theismann / Riggins/ Monk / Brown,

as a brooklyn child of the 70's i lived thru both nyc teams suffering, but i could never be one of those out of town fans. 
my heart is with the jets its in my blood from my dad RIP,
but i don't root against the giants otherwise.
a good test was when we beat the titans and giants over saints.
i was ecstastic on zachs point and shoot td pass.
the giants just dont bring the emotions out.

I like to root for the Ravens because they always seem to do things the right way. Harbaugh always has them ready to play; they take smart "chances"; rather than fit square pegs into round holes they tailor their schemes to the talent on the roster; the draft well; they ALWAYS draft O linemen; injuries rarely derail their season.  I truly feel that year after year they are everything you want a pro football team to be: Tough, talented and smart. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

So as usual this time of year the Jets have no reason to be on a football field with real football teams. I love football so having to have someone to root for after October, who’s your team. My team has been the Baltimore Ravens, fell in love with during the Ray Lewis era. They now have a young star, and always compete, they run the football and play defense, some say it they do it. Baltimore also has had the best GM in the business, Ozzie. I wish the Jets could model them, had hope Rex would sustain what he bought from there. Seems nothing sticks here as long as the Johnson’s own this team. 

uhhhh thats WAS the idea.

12 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Well I used to root a bit for Seattle - now I root for them to lose. Any game I watch I pick a side but I kinda like to watch Dallas win and watch Jerry Jones jump around and maybe the Saints and Da Raiders and Chiefs.

Jerry Jones and The petrified mummy. Hard to distinguish them.

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I hate everyone except the Jets. 

Everyone. 

I root for the abject failure of other franchises and feed on the misery of their fanbases

It's the only thing that keeps me going through all of the pain of losing. 

Feel pretty much the same way about most other teams, so in years like this, I root for individual players.  The Jets drive some to suicide (Carl), others to drink, but for me, the Jets led me to NFL props.

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

Would be Washington, my hometown team for over 30 years now since I left L.I.,  if not for a dozen reasons to hate that Owner, team, name, etc.

I have no issue with the  - washington football team -  but i do like their owner,  daniel snyder. 

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Wtf is with the two bowls of rice and what the hell are the white cubes? 

Pickled daikon.

Looks like two individual dinners at Bon Chon, 8 mixed with rice and slaw (shoulda went kimchi slaw IMO, that stuff is great) and 8 drumsticks with rice and the daikon.

Good times.