Inside Story Jets team in Disarray

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas’ #1 problem is Saleh and Saleh’s buddies/assistants. There are a bunch of decent coaches who 1. Would have kept Wilson on the bench for a few months and 2. Won a few games with this talent. The OL is competitive. The WR group is solid to good. There are enough backs. The DL should be playing better. The only unit Saleh’s band of bros has maximized is the DB group. The LBs suck because Saleh has wasted months trying to convert college SS’s into OLBs. Saleh sucks.

Yup. And doesnt it just seem like Saleh has no real input in developing Wilson? So far it seems like Saleh was the wrong guy to be the head coach at a time like this. And that falls on JD for choosing him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

There’s zero evidence he’s the wrong guy. We’re 6 games in. 

Evidence:  Team is totally unprepared for our biggest rival, also with a rookie QB, after a two week break.  Maybe he can be the guy, maybe not, but there are signs and they are not good.  How is he going to get rid of his friend, who most definitely must go?  I'll begin to trust Saleh, the day he removes LaFleur.  Until then he and LaFleur are sabotaging the #2 pick in the draft so that LaFleur can run his useless scripts.  

I forget who posted all this earlier, but more evidence:

5) Jets just had the worst loss for any team coming off a bye week in the Super bowl era. 

4) In 6 games played, Jets have lead for only 15 mins total, the next team is the winless Lions who have lead for 50 mins.

3) On the 15 first scripted plays (La Floor's scripts that he is so f'ing proud of) the Jets averaged 3.5 yards per play. In the 20 years this stat has been recorded there has never been a team that’s ever averaged less then 4 yards per play.

2) The Jets have been outscored in the first Quarter 44-0. The only other team to do this is the 0-16 Lions.

1) Total Efficiency stat measured in a scale of 0-100. The Jets score is 19 the Winless Lions are scoring 22-100.

Finally, there is Tony Pauline's allegations (no proof at all mind you) that players say there's no plan and hes got it disorganized. 

There is plenty of evidence, statistical evidence as well as eye test, plus Pauline's hearsay.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 10/29/2021 at 1:57 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I don't see how you give them an automatic 2 more years.  They need to show something before the end of next season and that is being generous.  I don't feel like a playoff mandate, but something indicating they are headed in the right direction.  When these guys got to SF with Shanahan they were coming off a 2-14 season.  They went 6-10 and 4-12 but everybody was on board because they had finished out winning their last 5 in 2017 and Garoppolo was hurt in 2018.  If they can string something together and show the needle is pointing up, okay, but they don't just get years because IMO

You are right.  An automatic 2 years is wrong..  They do need to show progress next year--quite a bit really.  So I gave them the second year because I'm pretty confident we will see progress.  There is a core here--young and raw--but a core.  They have to get better just by gaining experience and having time to play together.  JD will improve TE and RG for sure.  He's got all those FA $.  We have a bunch of high picks, some of whom will be good players ala AVT.

But if next year looks like this year, then it's time to move on.  I just don't think that's what will happen

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Douglas taking Becton when it was obvious pre draft he wasn’t going to try kind of had me out on him in general. The Jets do a pitiful job finding out during the process if the player is committed to football. 

The raw pain I felt when Becton was described as “a little bit of a project with a high ceiling”

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Evidence:  Team is totally unprepared for our biggest rival, also with a rookie QB, after a two week break.  Maybe he can be the guy, maybe not, but there are signs and they are not good.  How is he going to get rid of his friend, who most definitely must go?  I'll begin to trust Saleh, the day he removes LaFleur.  Until then he and LaFleur are sabotaging the #2 pick in the draft so that LaFleur can run his useless scripts.  

I forget who posted all this earlier, but more evidence:

5) Jets just had the worst loss for any team coming off a bye week in the Super bowl era. 

4) In 6 games played, Jets have lead for only 15 mins total, the next team is the winless Lions who have lead for 50 mins.

3) On the 15 first scripted plays (La Floor's scripts that he is so f'ing proud of) the Jets averaged 3.5 yards per play. In the 20 years this stat has been recorded there has never been a team that’s ever averaged less then 4 yards per play.

2) The Jets have been outscored in the first Quarter 44-0. The only other team to do this is the 0-16 Lions.

1) Total Efficiency stat measured in a scale of 0-100. The Jets score is 19 the Winless Lions are scoring 22-100.

Finally, there is Tony Pauline's allegations (no proof at all mind you) that players say there's no plan and hes got it disorganized. 

There is plenty of evidence, statistical evidence as well as eye test, plus Pauline's hearsay.  

Most of these points are directed towards Lefluer and the offense and the QB not being able to make the easy throws. Which I agree, he either needs to move on from or bring in a kubiak like veteran coach to oversee things. But something obviously has to change. And I think it will at the end of season. 

I don’t see the team giving up in any of the games. I don’t see disinterest from anyone. Haven’t seen a veteran pissed off at a coach. 
On defense they need to adjust. Teams figured them out. They were starting rookies across the field. It was bound to be rough. 

People told me after the patriots loss that they were surprised how good the mood was unlike years past. He immediately got the team together as soon as they got back and addressed them. So I’m not just falling for one article saying the team is in disarray after just 6 games. 

It’s the youngest team with some injuries and a young staff, it’s not gonna be smooth sailing. I’ll agree though if it doesn’t get any better, they can’t keep trending downward. So we’ll see. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

There’s zero evidence he’s the wrong guy. We’re 6 games in. 

His record is almost exactly the same as AG 1st 6 games.  his team is unprepared, continues to make the same stupid missed assignments and they LOSE.  just reminding you he is a losing HC to date and contrary to what you think, state any facts you can that justifies your comments.

14 minutes ago, SOJ said:

His record is almost exactly the same as AG 1st 6 games.  his team is unprepared, continues to make the same stupid missed assignments and they LOSE.  just reminding you he is a losing HC to date and contrary to what you think, state any facts you can that justifies your comments.

An experienced coach had no excuse. A rookie coach is learning his way. Also to note that Saleh is a defensive coach. That side of the ball hasn't been the issue imo. Gase and his brilliant offensive mind had no excuse for his flat offense.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, David Harris said:

Call me a blind homer but I still love what JD has done so far.  The healthy cap is Everything.  He started subterranean, $30 mill of dead Mac money still on the books this year.  Sacrificed his first year to clean up the cap. 

First draft was meh, getting two should be good starters is average in Mekhi and Hall. 

2021 draft could be transformational.  I think Zach has the goods and AVT will be an all pro. MC1 is a good change of pace back and MC 2 will be a top slot CB for years. That’s a home run draft if Zach hits.

Cory Davis helps a winning football team. Carl Lawson injury sucks.  Lafeur is learning but this team has one of the worst running games in the league and that is more crappy players that than coaching. Rookie QB with no run game and a slat of drops and everyone blows up the young OC who I agree hasn’t done a great job.  But I think you draft two OL and get Zach some seasoning and Lafeur could be alright. 

JD is doing everything right to change how the team operates. Get your HC, get young QB, 2 first round OL in past two drafts- no more bad contracts.  I’ll wait. Not patiently but I appreciate the excavation happening.

Which is why LaFleur is such a polarizing figure. He never had Belichick's number, in some 30 drives. MLF is not showing the ability to push back; no idea of BB tendencies. Chuck and duck. How Woody sits with an Offensive Genius that can't match Herm's production against the pats is beyond me.

• 3 weeks later...

for me, this is a puff piece - conjecture and innuendo; around the league, people who cover the jets (LOL on that one) - feeling. There is no proof or evidence. And some of his conclusions are overly simplified.

Hoyer being the reason that Mac hung points on the Jets, really? Does Hoyer coach the Defense too? I guess with players and coaches running  the same system for 20 years has nothing to do with it.

Many members of this forum could have written the same article (with the help of spell check and alike) or better; there is no inside story; no quotes.

People like it because he is writing what others are saying/feeling.