Let's Go Jets --- Game Day Thread (Bengals) -- Mike White here we go!

Maxman

It’s a trap game for the Bengals, but they still end up the beating us anyway… We are a terribly coached team, I mean we’ve all experienced watching bed coaching, something that we’re famous for…

It’ll be a closer game, but by the end of the fourth quarter they’ll(Bengals) be up by like three scores

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Nobody wanted to start the game thread, so here we go. Mike White will get his first NFL start.

CJ Mosley and Davis should have the defense looking much better.

Can the Jets pull off the upset?  Let's go Jets, I will be there in a few hours hoping they have a shocker in them (hey now).

Let's go Jets.

And ya had to go and spoil it didnt ya ?

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Does anyone else feel almost relieved getting ready to watch today?  

It may sound weird but Wilson being out today makes me almost more ready to watch.  I find it extremely stressful watching games with a Young QB whose future dictates the future of the franchise.

Every thing he does, even if I don’t want to jump to conclusions, feels like a huge deal, good or bad, so it makes those games very stressful.

Today it feels like I can just sit back, watch, not care if the QB is good or bad, see if anyone else shows strides and enjoy it without much invested in anything other than watching.

It’s refreshing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

It may sound weird but Wilson being out today makes me almost more ready to watch.  I find it extremely stressful watching games with a Young QB whose future dictates the future of the franchise.

Every thing he does, even if I don’t want to jump to conclusions, feels like a huge deal, good or bad, so it makes those games very stressful.

Today it feels like I can just sit back, watch, not care if the QB is good or bad, see if anyone else shows strides and enjoy it without much invested in anything other than watching.

It’s refreshing.

If we're being honest, most of us watching were anticipating Zack playing badly again.   Almost like we we were expecting another INT or three and out.

• Upvote 1

The worst area of last week's game wasn't the O for a change it was our defense which was out of position and beaten like a drum. I don 't blame it on just one player being injured (Mosley) it was a team not ready to play or well prepared for the kind of offense they were facing. People were before that game lauding our new D coordinator while at the same time ripping our O coordinator. Nothing new with that Jets O coordinators have been taking the heat by fans here for years. Nobody really knows how well White will perform he had two picks last week but he was put into the game with the team behind in the score and had to throw on most downs which makes picks more likeable. He also threw for 200 yards but against a D giving him more cushion. Cincy is a good young team but you can't really compare their coaching staff to NEP. BB, McDaniel etc vs Saleh etc is a mismatch. We'll see if Saleh can get these guys to play today. But I think hard to contain their skill position players or compete with them. Cincy 31 Jets 20. 

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Event Horizon....that's a quirky old movie. 

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Loved it.  Part sci-fi, part horror flick.  Sam Neill is great in the movie.

Super original and super gory. Love it. Hellraiser in space is the best way to describe it, but way better. 

william-weir-event-horizon.gif

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If we're being honest, most of us watching were anticipating Zack playing badly again.   Almost like we we were expecting another  *3 INT's and the rest of the game -- three and out.*

*fixed*   ^^

- we're gonna get crushed today.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It’s refreshing.

Same. I know weird. With Wilson out I’m like “ok let’s see what they can do”

Depressing but true 

The difference for Mike White vs Zach Thomas is that White gets little leeway to be error prone. If he screws up or is ineffective he’ll be benched and eventually released. He’s had very few reps and no starts and is expected to produce. All of the emphasis for the Jets while White on the roster has been first for Sam and now Zach. Whereas Zach can lead the league in picks and bad plays and still get all the starts. It was the same with Mark to a lesser degree Geno and Sam. Not sure what we’ll get from him today but he finally does get a limited opp to build a career in the NFL.