Let's Go Jets --- Game Day Thread (Bengals) -- Mike White here we go!

Maxman

Just now, Mogglez said:

Don’t underestimate LaFleur being the booth either.  Let Cavenaugh and Calabrese do the QB coach duties for Zach and co.

It’s abundantly clear that Mike is better at calling a game from upstairs, where he can see the field.

That may be true to an extent, but it's also definitely being overstated around here.

Many of the options White has been going with have also been there in past weeks, Wilson has just often refused to go to underneath receivers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

This.

1.possession in the moment you…

2. Break the plane or are inside the end zone, and…

3. You are downed or get two feet down in the end zone.

What happens after that, almost always oUT OF BOUNDS FFS, shouldn’t matter!!!!!!

Catch+Plane Broke+Feet down = A Damn TD

Exactly. It's a stupid rule and was just admitted to be subjective. It shouldn't be

• Upvote 1

Man.... I come out of a trip to a corn maze and JetNation is turned absolutely upside down. 

- Score a TD n the 1st quarter

- Mike White is the savior

- Lafleur sitting in the booth

- Salehs fired up

- Close game at the half

Wtf. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

It was 100% a panic move. And it happening while we're not in contention makes it that much stupider.

Spoot honestly explain why it was a panic move ? Maybe they finally decided Zach needed the presence of a QB who actually played and succeeded in this league rather than Josh Johnson who accomplished absolutely nothing. Panic move would have constituted over paying for a QB don't ya think ? I mean a 6th rounder ?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Not for nothing, P , but i don't think that's  hate speech.

Every language on Earth has several words for moron.

The joke is that Salehs name happens to be one of them.

Its not a slam against the Lebanese race

Okay. I would still like everyone to avoid joking about the coach. Several people reported the post but I'll leave it at that and we can all move on.

Hopefully the Jets have a strong second half in them.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Why take the chance?  You’re down to your 3rd string LT.  All it takes is someone putting Edoga into a spin cycle while you’re waiting for the play to develop and you’re forced to take a check down short of the sticks or a sack, so now you’re coming away with nothing.

The outside pass was 110% the right call there.

Obviously not the end of the world, but it feels like it’s all outside the hashes, which seems intentional. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

That may be true to an extent, but it's also definitely being overstated around here.

Many of the options White has been going with have also been there in past weeks, Wilson has just often refused to go to underneath receivers.

Very true.  That being said, I think it’s more of a dual thing.  I think today will be very good for Zach in terms of understanding how they want him to operate within the offense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DoubleDown said:

It sucks not being able to celebrate TDs anymore.

It literally makes no sense that a receiver can have control of the ball, land inbounds with an elbow or knee, ball never touches the ground, and somehow it's still an incompletion.  Ridiculous.

Totally agree.

Just now, Mogglez said:

It’s night and day.  This looks more like what I was expecting in terms of design, play call, and route concepts.

It also looks closer to what they were doing in the preseason that got people excited in the first place.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Pichula said:

It’s subjective but there are clear parameters to make the decision. 

doss the ball move? 

No = catch 

yes = does the WR keep control despite movement? 

yes = catch 

no = incomplete 

I actually agree here. And I say this as one of the biggest critics of these incompetent, inconsistent referees. It was incomplete. 

1 minute ago, Pichula said:

It’s subjective but there are clear parameters to make the decision. 

does the ball move? 

No = catch 

yes = does the WR keep control despite movement? 

yes = catch 

no = incomplete 

Control and down in the endzone should be end of play and touchdown. End of story imo. You can sit here and try to defend it if you want. I think it's a sh*t rule that opens itself up to subjectivity

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This.

1.possession in the moment you…

2. Break the plane or are inside the end zone, and…

3. You are downed or get two feet down in the end zone.

What happens after that, almost always oUT OF BOUNDS FFS, shouldn’t matter!!!!!!

Catch+Plane Broke+Feet down = A Damn TD

So by your rules if a WR catches the ball in the end zone and a defender hits him before coming down, forcing a the ball to come out, it should still be a TD? 

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

The problem with replay is you start slowing down everything and ruing the game...the spirt of the rule should be to overturn obvious mistakes not overturn catches that you need to slow down the tape to find the ball move a fraction of an inch.

Agreed.  Refs should only have access to full speed video.  Start and stop, but only run at one speed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

Control and down in the endzone should be end of play and touchdown. End of story imo. You can sit here and try to defend it if you want. I think it's a sh*t rule that opens itself up to subjectivity

So by your rules if a WR catches the ball in the end zone and a defender hits him before coming down, forcing a the ball to come out, it should still be a TD? 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Obviously not the end of the world, but it feels like it’s all outside the hashes, which seems intentional. 

Mike’s passing offense is supposed to be a lot like his brother’s.  This is what Green Bay does all day, every day.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Okay. I would still like everyone to avoid joking about the coach. Several people reported the post but I'll leave it at that and we can all move on.

Hopefully the Jets have a strong second half in them.

Thanks.

We're not allowed to "joke about the coach"?? The Coach of the New York Jets is off limits?

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

• Haha 1