Let's Go Jets --- Game Day Thread (Bengals) -- Mike White here we go!

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s night and day.  This looks more like what I was expecting in terms of design, play call, and route concepts.

Same. Like I said earlier in this thread, Zach has definitely contributed but you gotta be blind not to see that playcalling has been way better. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Mike’s passing offense is supposed to be a lot like his brothers.  This is what Green Bay does all day, every day.

That seems optimistic, but I’d like to see stats on it. The Packers seem to do a lot of stuff in the middle of the field with Adams, Cobb, and Tonyan.

5 minutes ago, Pichula said:

On the cole play, he clearly lost possession when he went to the ground, the ball came out and he caught it with his other arm. Now, you can make the argument that he regained possession before he stepped out of bounds but I didn’t see that. 

On the berrios play, he never loses control of the ball as he makes the catch, there is a little movement but he still controls it despite slight movement 

in summary, the ball can move as long as you maintain control of the ball. The part that is subjective is determining if the WR has control or not when the the ball does move 

it’s not that hard 

But it is ridiculous.  You can just reach the ball over the goal line and have it slapped out of your hand a nanosecond after it crosses “the imaginary plane” of the goal line.  That’s a TD.  But if the ball moves after you’ve made a spectacular catch but never touches the ground, that’s not a TD.  Just change it to make it a TD if you have it, get both feet in and it never hits the ground and that’ll solve the issue.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Pichula said:

So by your rules if a WR catches the ball in the end zone and a defender hits him before coming down, forcing a the ball to come out, it should still be a TD? 

I think this over analyzing BS is just destroying the pleasure of watching the damn game.  Was so much more enjoyable letting teh refs make the call. What s the point of them being out there for if you're going to micro manage evey damn play anyways.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ausman said:

But it is ridiculous.  You can just reach the ball over the goal line and have it slapped out of your hand a nanosecond after it crosses “the imaginary plane” of the goal line.  That’s a TD.  But if the ball moves after you’ve made a spectacular catch but never touches the ground, that’s not a TD.  Just change it to make it a TD if you have it, get both feet in and it never hits the ground and that’ll solve the issue.

Because the Player established possession outside the end zone. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Spoot honestly explain why it was a panic move ? Maybe they finally decided Zach needed the presence of a QB who actually played and succeeded in this league rather than Josh Johnson who accomplished absolutely nothing. Panic move would have constituted over paying for a QB don't ya think ? I mean a 6th rounder ?

That's something they could've -- and should've -- decided in the offseason, not immediately after your starting QB gets injured.

Just because they didn't give up a haul doesn't make doesn't mean it wasn't a panic move. And that 6th (or 5th) is for a player that isn't going to be here next season.

If they want really want an experienced mentor for Wilson on the sidelines, they should try and offer Josh McCown whatever he wants to be an assistant coach.

1 minute ago, Pichula said:

Because the Player established possession outside the end zone. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand 

No.  He had possession with both feet inbounds.  Going to the ground, the ball jostled but never hit the ground.  Should be a catch.  It’s a catch in the field of play so why not there?  As long as he has it before going out of bounds and it never hits the ground it should be ok.  Controversy and another idiotic judgment call that breeds inconsistency averted.  To me, that’s easier to understand.