Let's Go Jets --- Game Day Thread (Bengals) -- Mike White here we go!

Maxman

Just now, Alentador31 said:

Well I honestly have no idea what you said before. But my point still stands, NO ONE was predicting Mike White to play like this. Lol if all you want is credit, here you go bro Saleh should have listened to you. 

What deranged point are you making…  :(  i dont know Mike White from Vanna White??

I have said only two things (i) a backup doesn’t  play that well when the offense has stunk and it will raise some eyebrows and indeed Coach Saleh said as much concerning  Mike White and him playing going forward and (ii) Zach could benefit from watching some so the game can slow down for him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alentador31 said:

Because he's had time to learn without pressure to perform. 3 years. 

White made the reads.  Got rid of the ball to the correct receivers for gains all day.

management and coaches are responsible for starting Zack Wilson when I'm sure they knew he was not ready.  Shocking part for me is how completely lost Wilson has looked.  I expected rookie mistakes.  But also anticipated that a #2 pick would look better.   Did they vet him?

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummm Geno Smith shouldn’t have started year one, nor Sanchez or Darnold and starting guys before they should hurts them.  That has been my position for over a decade now. 

I really don’t see what Geno Smith has to do with allowing Zach to watch, mature and play when he is really ready. 

Geno Smith SUCKS. Period. Mike White has been in NFL 4 years. Zach 3 months, But Zac is a bust already LOL  Zach needs to sit. Ive been saying this even before he was drafted. White had a good game today. No argument there but lets not get carried away. He's extremely limited in numerous ways.  Could be a very good back up in the long run.  NFL today singing Geno's praises vs the worst defense - the Jags - in football. LOL Its truly hilarious.  

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

White made the reads.  Got rid of the ball to the correct receivers for gains all day.

management and coaches are responsible for starting Zack Wilson when I'm sure they knew he was not ready.  Shocking part for me is how completely lost Wilson has looked.  I expected rookie mistakes.  But also anticipated that a #2 pick would look better.   Did they vet him?

Have you seen Lawrence play. Just as bad if not worse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

The onus is on him to prove that he his. He's given us one game. Sure, he was efficient with the underneath the stuff and taking what the defense gave him, but he did absolutely nothing in the long game and has no touch on his passes. Those are things he needs to work on. If he can show me that, then I'll start to believe.

I think you have this backward, my friend.

The onus is on the #2 pick in the draft to show he can be better than the PS guy who just outplayed him.

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Geno Smith SUCKS. Period. Mike White has been in NFL 4 years. Zach 3 months, But Zac is a bust already LOL  Zach needs to sit. Ive been saying this even before he was drafted. White had a good game today. No argument there but lets not get carried away. He's extremely limited in numerous ways.  Could be a very good back up in the long run.  NFL today singing Geno's praises vs the worst defense - the Jags - in football. LOL Its truly hilarious.  

Ummmm you and a few other folks are odd! 

You bring up Geno Smith in an ad hominem reference, and then you act like I was in anyway saying Geno was a good QB.  You brought ip Geno Smith not me!

Again I don’t give two poops about Geno Smith as a player now, I am Jets fan, on a Jets board, talking about current Jets players on  the Jets. 

And for the record I didn’t want the Jets to draft  Smith, I thought that he had a bad attitude.  Period

Good Grief!

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think you have this backward, my friend.

The onus is on the #2 pick in the draft to show he can be better than the PS guy who just outplayed him.

That goes without saying, but that has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmm you and a few other folks are odd! 

You bring up Geno Smith in an ad hominem reference, and then you act like I was in anyway saying Geno was a good QB.  You brought ip Geno Smith not me!

Again I don’t give two poops about Geno Smith as a player now, I am Jets fan, on a Jets board, talking about current Jets players on  the Jets. 

And for the record I didn’t want the Jets to draft  Smith, I thought that he had a bad attitude.  Period

Good Grief!

Whats odd is you all making Mike White out to be the next Tom Brady. He aint.  Hes more like Geno Smith. Well better LOL  If any of you think they are abandoning Wilson for Mike White think again. And again. And again. 

t.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yeetin It said:

How do you beat the Titans and Bengals but get smoked twice by a patriots team that is probably the worst it’s been in years? Football is a weird sport

Thinking same thing…beat the best teams, but crappy teams give us a licking

One thing not talked about too much was the series Josh Johnson ran when White injured. He played well too and moved the ball he was 2 for 4 for 17 yards and led the team to a score (24 yard FG). Every time I’ve seen him play he’s played well. That 3 points mucho important. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

One thing not talked about too much was the series Josh Johnson ran when White injured. He played well too and moved the ball he was 2 for 4 for 17 yards and led the team to a score (24 yard FG). Every time I’ve seen him play he’s played well. That 3 points mucho important. 

Yeah, Johnson played well and actually threw what should've been a TD if not for Mims' awful drop in the end zone.

Honestly, his play made me even more annoyed about the Flacco trade, but trying not to think about it too much on a day we actually got to enjoy what the Jets did for a change.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, Johnson played well and actually threw what should've been a TD if not for Mims' awful drop in the end zone.

Honestly, his play made me even more annoyed about the Flacco trade, but trying not to think about it too much on a day we actually got to enjoy what the Jets did for a change.

Was Joestradamus supposed to know that Mike White was going to wipe the floor with the Bengals? If Mike White sh*t the bed and this team was left to Josh Johnson, the SOJs would have blamed JD for not going out to get a veteran. 

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Was Joestradamus supposed to know that Mike White was going to wipe the floor with the Bengals? If Mike White sh*t the bed and this team was left to Josh Johnson, the SOJs would have blamed JD for not going out to get a veteran. 

So your argument is that the GM should have no clue about the team's current players that he brought in, therefore justifying blindly trading away draft picks for another guy he sent packing earlier this year to serve as a 3rd/4th stringer?  The move was idiotic from the moment it was made, regardless of how today went.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

So your argument is that the GM should have no clue about the team's current players that he brought in, therefore justifying blindly trading away draft picks for another guy he sent packing earlier this year to serve as a 3rd/4th stringer?  The move was idiotic from the moment it was made, regardless of how today went.

Is that your argument, because it's not mine.

The move wasn't bad. Now what?

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Welcome to the ignore list. You are not worth the keystrokes. 

Wow, I feel so very honored.  I'll be sure to wear this badge with pride.

I'm just thankful that does nothing to stop me from reading up on your hot takes, like why Douglas' recent incompetence is actually hidden brilliance because of his own past incompetence.

• 1 month later...