Zack Wilson Can Take a Seat

44 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I agree with that, I dont think he can put up performances like this consistently, but i think what is important is that it shows zach what can happen when you take the first open read in the progression and dont consistently try to always come off it for deeper looks.  Staying in rhythm of the offense is extremely important, and this passing attack can be really good when operated right. 

Agreed.  Today showed why many consider this a QB friendly system.  White played within the system and made all of the right decisions.  I’m not sure why Zach was choosing to make things more complicated and harder on himself, it was probably frustrating the coaches to no end.  

We’ll see on Thursday if today was just lightning striking or if White has a little staying power in this league.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m usually try not to get to uppity about stuff but some of the seemingly victory dancing done about Wilson is a bit agitating.

I hope Mike White plays well enough that Zach Wilson doesn’t play again this year.  It wouldn’t hurt Zach one but to sit and learn for the remainder of the season.

I also hope(and think) Zach Wilson would then blow the doors off Mike White next training camp.

When Zach is healthy he will be the starting QB without a doubt. This was a nice game and all but let’s be real. Zach is the QB

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet25 said:

What we all noticed is that White isn't a one read QB. White didn't even focus nor force throws to 1 WR like Wilson does to Corey Davis.

I’m not sure I noticed that.  I think White very often made one read and dumped off if the first read was covered.  Nothing wrong with that at all, but I seldom saw him scanning the field.  He did on the TD to Kroft!

Also I don’t think Wilson to Davis is a “one read” or misread type of situation.  It’s a QB relying on someone he is comfortable with.  In Wilson’s case it happens too much, but hardly uncommon by a young QB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

Yes.  I think LaFleur thought he could throw everything at Wilson and it obviously didn’t work.  I also think it was scaled back for White and that’s why there’s success.  You can’t tell me that the game flow and play selection isn’t vastly different than the beginning of the season.

Darnold needs more weapons and a better system. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  Today showed why many consider this a QB friendly system.  White played within the system and made all of the right decisions.  I’m not sure why Zach was choosing to make things more complicated and harder on himself, it was probably frustrating the coaches to no end.  

We’ll see on Thursday if today was just lightning striking or if White has a little staying power in this league.  

Its going to be difficult for the Colts plan to stop our offense since White throws to everyone and doesn't stare down his favorite target like Wilson does to Corey Davis so it'll be interesting

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

There's no debate to be had. The Johnson's better stay the f*ck out of this.

White is the guy the rest of the year unless he sh*ts the bed completely at some point. This game made it ridiculously apparent that Wilson wasn't ready to run an NFL offence. I think we could have helped him a lot more, especially through putting experience around him but it never sat well with me that he entered the building as the immediate starter. Reflects poorly on an organisation that claims to value competition.

We may have stumbled on to gold with White or this is a one game wonder. Either way this game has game been a shocking indictment of how we handled Zach. Let him sit and we can see what he looks like in 2022 when hopefully he's up to speed.

To be fair if you went by preseason Zach earned the job. He looked good against other teams number ones and White looked mediocre against the backups. 

43 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Hopefully this will show Zach how to play within the system. A few games watching should help him. When he gets more experienced his superior arm talent will make him a much better QB than White. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Mike white is terrible some of you fans man ????

First Jets’ 400+ yard game in 21 years.  Pennington, Favre, Fitz…none of them did that.

If he’s terrible then what’s good in your mind?  And what word is worse than terrible to describe our other Jet QBs the last two decades?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

Ride the hot hand until the league figures him out and then put Zach back in

Not even. Just sit Zach for the year. See how he looks next year. IF he's still not ready there's a spot on the bench for him.   Dont ruin the kid. Give him time to learn. Hes probably in shock just being in NY.  Lookat Josh Allen Absoutey sucked his first 2 years as did many many QB's picked high in the draft.  What is the rush.  You guys needs to step the **** back. Today's game is exactly what we all needed to see. Players playing tough, not quitting, gaining experience. Win or lose,not important right now.   I'd prefer to play like this and LOSE rather than win meaningless games like the Gase led team did in 2019. 

58 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This feels about right.

I hope Zach learned something today.  

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

But why? Serious question. White looked better in 1 game than wilson has looked in 6

First off White can’t throw the ball downfield. He doesn’t have close to an arm Wilson does. It’s a lot easier for Zach to learn the short game than for White to magically throw the ball down field with consistency. Secondly - Wilson was a blue chip prospect, 2nd overall pick that Douglas and Saleh are riding on. 

listen - they’re saying Zach could be back for the Buffalo game in 2 weeks. Let’s see what White does Thursday night before we anoint him as Tom Brady 2.0

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Icer said:

Ride the hot hand until the league figures him out and then put Zach back in

There isn’t a lot to figure out… He just understands to take what the defense ( in this case) a zone defense and play smart. I seriously doubt we have found Tom Brady here- but I did show us ( as I suspected) Zach - right now at least is in over his head. The Jets may or may not win next week… But if they get quarterback play like today, they’ll at least have a chance. This team has been losing ( for the last three years- mainly because of absolutely terrible play at the quarterback position).