Zack Wilson Can Take a Seat

Rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie QB. They all own it. Impossible to apportion blame and pointless. Major kudos to Mike White for a great performance yesterday. Rooting hard for an encore on Thursday but still think Wilson is our QB1.

Also, great to have our LBs back. Hope that continues. Our defense is underrated.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Fight me. Start Mike White.

Wilson should have been sitting and learning from day one.

Anyone reading my posts, especially my pre 2021 draft posts saw that I was against drafting Wilson, Lance or Fields.

IF they insisted on one of those three, I KNEW that any of those three would need at least a year on the bench learning.

Now the Jets can use this injury to save face and help Zach save face.  Let him sit and learn to play the position at the pro level as long has he needs to.

Wilson NEVER should have started.  NEVER

Mike White putting on a football clinic is only going to benefit the team. This is going to light a fire under Zach Wilson's ass, at the very least. If Mike White continues playing at a high level, we then have the happiest "problem" a football team can have. If/when Zach Wilson learns how to play "boring" football, we then have the QB we drafted at two. There is nothing at all wrong with properly developing a 22 year old QB who in under contract for five years. I am down on Zach Wilson at the moment, but I am not at all down on the future of Zach Wilson. This kid has untapped talent. 

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  Do people actually not realize that because White can execute and put them ahead of the chains, that it changes how you call the game?  It's legit, unreal, the lengths people go to when the obvious answer is obvious

Mike White is better than Zach Wilson and that's perfectly fine.  sh*t happens.  Who cares? 

If that's true, fine.  We just don't have enough of a sample size to reach those conclusions.  If we are going to make those kind of decisions based on one week, Siemian is a better QB than Brady, Herbert is a bust, and Geno Smith is headed to the Pro Bowl......