We've got ourselves a Tom Brady!

Sweetjoe

Just wow.

So many questions for how he’s never gotten a snap for the Jets, especially this season when Wilson struggled in some games.

405 passing yards. Well done. He looked smart last week and hopefully will help take pressure off Wilson and who knows Mike White the new Brady has a nice feel!

?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

See what next week looks like. The Bengals underestimated us on any give. Shnday

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly. This was a huge let down game for the Bengals. But you have to give White credit. He was poised and accurate. It wasn't like he was dumping the ball off and getting 70 yard runs from his WRs. 

And the INTs were bad luck. 

• Upvote 1

This week I learned that today's third string quarterback can play in this league, and our second string quarterback is good.

Many of us, including me, wondered why the heck Joe Douglass did not put a competant backup quarterback on this squad in case Zack went down.

Looks like JD knows more than me and the rest of us on the board.  We're in good hands after all!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sweetjoe said:

Obviously it's just one game and we will have to see how things turn out rest of the year.  But I thought White played really well today.  The numbers speak for it self.  37/45 (82%) for 405 yards and two picks aren't entirely on him.  Overall, I thought he was calm and poised even under the pressure and had agreat pocket awareness.

Do I want him to replace Zach?  Of course not.  Zach is just a rookie with only five games under his belt.  He is a very talented kid and his best days are still far away.  But it feels good to know that we have a backup QB who showed a lot of promises today.

And once again, I thought Mike Lafleur's play calling today has a lot to do with us getting a W.  He mixed it up well run/pass, and with some gimmick plays.

What impressed me on the highlights was how he stayed in the pocket, even with pressure, kept his eyes downfield and didn't look to bail out the instant the line started to struggle. His pass to Kroft had pressure from both sides but he stood in there and got the score.

Zach needs to look at today's tape and compare to his own play. Maybe his rough first week did more damage than we thought, and his injury will give him a chance to step back and gather himself mentally.

• Upvote 2

Way too soon. Great start. Maybe the reason he just sits in the pocket is because he hasn't been crushed by a NFL defender yet, or he isn't a scrambler. Finished watching the game and yes he looked composed. Even Mac Jones composed. He played the dink and dunk game very well. Let's see how he does against a team prepared for him. Thursday may be too soon, but the following Sunday may be a good indicator..

Either way, I doubt the 6 round pick elevates to a 5th :-)

I wouldn't call him Tom Brady its 1 game but proves one thing Zach Wilson isn't ready and should sit the rest of the year. 1 thing to think about Dalls has a good record drafting late round QBs Tony Romo and Dak Prescott so maybe they hit 3 when they drafted Mike White in the 5th round and the Jets hit the Jackpot when they picked him up.

Mike White is this years Gardner Minshew...  he'll look decent putting together a couple wins but everyone knows he's not the long term answer.

Thats fine though it was nice to see competence at QB this year!  Hopefully Zach is beginning to realize he doesn't have to play hero ball to win the fans adoration.. he just has to execute the easy stuff and win. 

• Upvote 1