Does this game show that the Jets are headed in right direction

CSNY

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Stop and hug them kids for your  making you go to the game today . It simply shows Mike White is a better fit for LaFleurs offense right now. Prolly ever too. Haha 

True that.  We're saving our parking pass, got the Titans one too, going to frame these two epic comeback momentos.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Biggest take from today is that they put last week behind them..definitely an opportunity to build on some positives on a short week

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Good job by the coaches after last week's showing (or no-showing, to be more accurate).

It also shows how much the NFL is a week to week league ... after last Sunday most fans here were predicting a blowout of near biblical proportions. :D  

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

True that.  We're saving our parking pass, got the Titans one too, going to frame these two epic comeback momentos.

SAR I

It’s awesome after all you have you given up to go to all the games you been to and you would have not been there except for those 

2EE62199-EFEA-492C-8A44-5D2F98B2F374.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

JABARI ZUNIGA GOT A SACK!  I don't mean to yell but holy sh*t, if that doesn't make Joe Douglas and the jets smile, nothing will! It's only one game though, but this is the upside of having so. many young starters, what you see now is them still learning.  Imagine these guys at premium positions getting a whole lot better!  Enjoy this build up Jets fans, we of all fan bases, deserve this win!

new york football GIF by RachaelRayShow

I Believe a strip sack, 

• Sympathy 1

Shows me Zach sucks and should not be on the field I never questioned the direction this team was taking the defense was playing good until last week. Right now Zach sucks and belongs on the sidelines this team quit last week because their QB was a primadonna I think Zach could be a good QB when he stops BYU crap waiting for money plays to open up starts learning to take what the defense gives you like White does. Until that happens Zach can sit.

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I worry that a 4th string scrub that we cut 3 times gets 400 yards and makes Mike LaFleur look like Bill Walsh while our prized first round pick struggles to get 150 and makes him look like Tony Sporano.

SAR I

You might want to look at what Bill Walshes record was in his first year pretty sure it wasn’t very good 

It’s crazy how much better the offense looks when it’s about getting rid of the ball quickly to open targets. Plus the most effective run and screen game we’ve had in a long, long time. Defense actually had a chance to rest. Was very pleased with what I saw considering they were playing a team that went into Baltimore and won convincingly last week

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Facts said:

It tells me that JD may have spent a 1st round pick (top 5 overall) on a bad player. Lots of emotions today - Happy about the W, sad about the wasted pick, confused about why JD is still here.

Or maybe a guy who just needs more than 5 games to sort himself out? Only time will tell.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Mike White was awesome today. But to all the people still bashing Wilson, there were 3 huge differences:

1.  LaFleur was in the booth

2. From the first snap he called the game differently, not forcing the run and letting the passing game get in rhythm and opening up the running game

3. Davis was out so LaFleur was not calling on plays keying on him every day.

White will not be taken for granted this week, let's hope he continues it.

That said it was the best QB performance we have seen in quite a while. Sam had that one game against Green bay but this was better. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

They actually changed up the play calling this week, finally used the screen game, wasn’t so heavy on the 12 man grouping, elected to receive and put the offense out first. Actually spread the offense out and less use of tight groupings, and it led to a better flowing offense.  Let’s see if this mindset sticks around a little bit longer. 

Semper Fi

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, fastmover said:

They actually changed up the play calling this week, finally used the screen game, wasn’t so heavy on the 12 man grouping, elected to receive and put the offense out first. Actually spread the offense out and less use of tight groupings, and it led to a better flowing offense.  Let’s see if this mindset sticks around a little bit longer. 

Semper Fi

Yes, exactly. It's what we should have done with Zach from Day 1. But at the same time you don't have a game like White did just because of a schematic change. He was terrific.

• Upvote 3