Bryce Hall

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He is.  CB1 is no longer a need.  

To be quite honest, I’m not sure CB is a need at all.  Carter is also a keeper. Echols is raw, but the talent is there.

True. But a mid rounder for development and depth I think is warranted. 

I have to say the CB group is far and away the biggest surprise of the year thus far. 

• Upvote 3

There's no telling whether the coaching staff is going to be good in the long run, but the one thing they can clearly do is coach corners. Hall is a talented guy who dropped in the draft due to the injury but the rest of the cbs are flotsam and jetsam. Really impressive job to get them to play as well as they have.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He is.  CB1 is no longer a need.  

To be quite honest, I’m not sure CB is a need at all.  Carter is also a keeper. Echols is raw, but the talent is there.

This

I’ve been checking out mocks over the last couple of weeks and damn near every one has us taking either Stingley or Gardner at the top of the 1st.

Screw that

Take the best available EDGE and Linderbaum. Then look to solidify TE with one of the 2nd rounders and a FA signing like Howard.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Lol in the summer Jets fans all thought corner was our weakest positional group and it actually might be our best. Hall, MC2, Echols and Guidry are a shockingly solid group. Our safeties suck and the Nasirildeen Sherwood experiment seems to have failed. Having Jarrad and Moseley back  at LB was a huge deal today

Both are rookies and both are transitioning from DB to LB, and both have been injured... I'm still confused as to how people can say "this failed" after a few games when the transition was most likely going to take the whole season...

They may ultimately bust, but it's a bit early.

As for the safeties, Maye was a player up until the news of his DUI came out, and now he appears to be a ghost on the field. A. Davis is a solid tackler, but suspect in coverage, may be depth at best? Prolly need at least 1 new starter (2 if Maye is traded). As long as we're not drafting S in first and second round... ?

• Sympathy 1

• 1 month later...
When he finally learns to turn to look for the ball, watch out. Really with all our young guys.

i actually think he does a consistently good job of turning his head while covering receiver - i always rewind and look again when he makes a good play and the one thing that appears to separate him from other young corners is his ability to stay with his man and to look back to track the ball - no one is revis in this regard ( he was/is a douche but boy in his prime…..) anyway i think this assessment is inaccurate

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On 10/31/2021 at 4:39 PM, Be_a_Jet said:

True. But a mid rounder for development and depth I think is warranted. 

I have to say the CB group is far and away the biggest surprise of the year thus far.

Teams run so much 3 and 4 WR sets, you need to have massive depth at the position.   It's like O Line, you could take a mid rounder on a player almost every year and it wouldn't be wasted.