It's Colts Week

kevinc855

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Do I read correctly that the Colts are 10.5 pt. favorites?

I rarely bet on NFL, but that just seems insane.

Before yesterday Colts were actually 14.5 point favorites.  That's how bad we looked against NE.

Nevertheless, playing Indy's tough front seven and man to man defense is going to look a lot different then the soft zone Cincy was running allowing the RBs and TEs to sit wide open on underneath and flat routes.

Not sure 10.5 is the right number, simply because I think our defense will be clicking and I'm not afraid of Wentz.  

But this will be much more of test for Mike White.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Before yesterday Colts were actually 14.5 point favorites.  That's how bad we looked against NE.

Nevertheless, playing Indy's tough front seven and man to man defense is going to look a lot different then the soft zone Cincy was running allowing the RBs and TEs to sit wide upon on underneath and flat routes.

Not sure 10.5 is the right number, simply because I think our defense will be clicking and I'm not afraid of Wentz.  

But this will be much more of test for Mike White.

It's weird to me because the Bengals line was also 10.5 - 11 and that felt much more reasonable at the time.  IND laying the same points now as CIN did last week is....interesting.

27 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They'll cover.

31-10

Unfortunately, this spread tells you all you need to know about Thursday night.  Its a total sucker bet.  The sharps will be on Indy, the bozos will take the jets.

Just like vegas suckered the bozos into taking cincy yesterday, they are now begging you to take the jets.

Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Call me crazy, but I think white mike stays hot and this D plays their best game of the year.  I think the Jets win relatively easily in this game.

Jets - 27

Colts - 14

When most people were making fun of Mike White you were pointing out how the Jets could beat the Bengals. I'm listening now, friend.

Not to take away anything from Yesterdays amazing win…

I think it was a trap game for the Bengals, but our coaching staff finally woke up and made some changes, we used a few trick plays for success…

The Colts now have tape on our quarterback, plus the trick plays… If we could keep going with a short quick passes, setting up the run, we can have success, it’s almost impossible to stop short passes, as the pats showed us… 

colts are at home, coming off a heartbreaking overtime loss, they will be hungry…

It’s going to be close, hopefully Mike the great, won’t be a flash in the pan… Go jets, eff the rest of the league

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Thats big

Its kinda sorta big. 

Hilton hasnt been the dominant player he was for a handful of years now, hasnt put up a 1000 yard season in quite awhile, and he hasnt played much this season.

Pittman and Pascal are their 1/2 anyways. I dont think him being out changes much. 

I think the Colts have become underrated....Wentz has actually played really well, Pittman and Taylor are both coming into their own, and they have a solid D.  Would be pretty impressive if the Jets pull off victories over the Bengals and Colts in 5 days but I don't see it happening. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The spread is scaring the hell out of me now.  Vegas is rarely wrong.

Tell that to Cincy. Got that line from Die Hard when the idiot salesman says if your husband would stay out of this we might make it out of here when she responded with "Tell that to Takagi", who as Hans said would no longer join them for the rest of his life.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LSJF said:

Not to take away anything from Yesterdays amazing win…

I think it was a trap game for the Bengals, but our coaching staff finally woke up and made some changes, we used a few trick plays for success…

The Colts now have tape on our quarterback, plus the trick plays… If we could keep going with a short quick passes, setting up the run, we can have success, it’s almost impossible to stop short passes, as the pats showed us… 

colts are at home, coming off a heartbreaking overtime loss, they will be hungry…

It’s going to be close, hopefully Mike the great, won’t be a flash in the pan… Go jets, eff the rest of the league

Only issue is a trap game is where you lay an egg and get beaten pretty badly as we have seen with teams even our Jets when we were good at times. No, as on Tiki and Tierney, like Tiki said Cincy didn't play bad, the Jets just out played then and really controlled the game. It actually wasn't as close as the score of the game, but we turned the ball over 3 times early, missed a FG, and then missed challenging on a pass to the one where their WR let the ball hit the ground. Without those mistakes and the score should have been a much bigger gap. Lets hope we don't make very mistakes against the Colts as it is much harder to overcome that adversity on the road.  

3 hours ago, undertow said:

I think the Colts have become underrated....Wentz has actually played really well, Pittman and Taylor are both coming into their own, and they have a solid D.  Would be pretty impressive if the Jets pull off victories over the Bengals and Colts in 5 days but I don't see it happening. 

Well lets see. Sounds similar to Cincy where they have very good WRs and a good D on both Bengals and Colts. Colts are pretty well coached with Reich also, so lets see if with White we can keep this rolling.

• Upvote 1

I am excited for this game and I am curious how the Jets play on the short schedule. So far they were awful in London and after a bye. My biggest concern is that we come out flat. The team played pissed off last week and I hope we see that again tomorrow.