Jump to content

One Thing We Now Know For Sure


TerrapinJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh I'm sorry, Mr. Vidal, didn't know you were objective back in April before he took a snap. Also quite a pivot from he sucks to he sucks so far.

Uh, bruh, didn't you quit the board when we failed to secure the # 1 pick?  Quite the pivot to return and defend Zach Wilson.  😛

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Zach Wilson is a rookie who has only played 5.25 games, right? 

I'm just checking. 

In his first 5 games, Justin Herbert had three 300+ yard games, three 3+ TD games, and three 100+ QB rating games, playing behind the # 32-ranked OL and a HC who ended up getting fired.

I know Herbert is the exception, not the rule, but I really wish this franchise could for once have a QB where you knew right away he's "the guy"....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TerrapinJet said:

What an epic game.  All of sudden we're less sure of many things...but theres one thing we do know.   Saleh and LaFluer might actually be okay.  Joe Douglass....might be good. One thing we know for sure though - Z. Wilson currently sucks.  No excuses. He sucks.   Maybe one day he'll be good. Maybe he'll figure it out. But right now...he sucks.    White needs to be named the 2021 starter from here on out. 

Dont be too excited about White. There have been numerous times when a back-up had a great game and garnered interest as a potential starter.  The result is *ALWAYS* fools gold. The realization that back-ups are back-ups for a reason.

The Jets caught the Bengals sleeping & unprepared.

White is not a savoir or a stud.

He's a back-up that had a great game.

As for Wilson....

He needs to sit and learn.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In his first 5 games, Justin Herbert had three 300+ yard games, three 3+ TD games, and three 100+ QB rating games, playing behind the # 32-ranked OL and a HC who ended up getting fired.

I know Herbert is the exception, not the rule, but I really wish this franchise could for once have a QB where you knew right away he's "the guy"....

thats what scares me. i dont like having 2 good QBs cause sooner or later we have to chose one and if we chose wrong.....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trade Zack now, take what we can and run. He never was nor never will be an NFL caliber quarterback.

Go back and watch his collage tape, the throws he is attempting in the NFL are exactly the same as his collage throws but he is now facing elite competition.

It's only been 5 games but it is as obvious as hell he is not the future of the jets and people who say let him sit and learn are only prolonging the agony.

Do not let Jet Air dictate the amount of pain and suffering us fans go trough following this franchise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In his first 5 games, Justin Herbert had three 300+ yard games, three 3+ TD games, and three 100+ QB rating games, playing behind the # 32-ranked OL and a HC who ended up getting fired.

I know Herbert is the exception, not the rule, but I really wish this franchise could for once have a QB where you knew right away he's "the guy"....

It would be really nice, but like you said, this is the exception. 

I doubt Wilson will work out here because most QBs don’t work out in general and none work out when it comes to the jets, but the folks labeling Wilson a bust after 5 games need to calm down. Unless White really is going to be our Cinderella story, Wilson is going to be the starter here until the end of 2022, at the very least. Might as well give him his fair shake 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Mike White is a 4th year player. He's had 3 extra off-seasons and training camps to get better. 

It's like comparing apples to tigers. 

No, it really isn’t. Ask yourself this… if the Jaguars or Patriots fans were thinking the best thing for their team would be to now sit Trevor or Mac for the rest of the season, wouldn’t every single person here be calling them a bust?

When people are making excuses for the #2 pick in the draft not looking better than a guy who’s been a PS player his entire career (be it 3, 4 or more years) that’s a problem.

The fact that this board is talking about the team being better off playing Mike White the rest of this season is a horrible development and speaks volumes about Wilson.

Now we’re saying is we “hope” Zach figures things out by next season… 8 weeks ago we were calling him Rodgers 2.0

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Dont be too excited about White. There have been numerous times when a back-up had a great game and garnered interest as a potential starter.  The result is *ALWAYS* fools gold. The realization that back-ups are back-ups for a reason.

The Jets caught the Bengals sleeping & unprepared.

White is not a savoir or a stud.

He's a back-up that had a great game.

As for Wilson....

He needs to sit and learn.

I think you’re reading most Jets fans wrong. Sure we’re all happy about the way White played yesterday, but I think the smart ones are just as concerned about how much better he looked than Wilson, both yesterday and even the week before in the game Zach got hurt.

The best answer people can come up with is what @The Crusher said, “the kid was never going to be ready this year in this situation.” That’s probably the right take, but it leads to some very tough questions about why he’s here and if he will ever “be ready”.

Saying he needs to sit and learn only means he isn’t good right now. Sitting doesn’t guarantee he’ll learn to be good. In fact the chances of a QB being benched halfway through his rookie year and then coming back and “getting it” the next season are pretty unlikely if history is a guide. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

No, it really isn’t. Ask yourself this… if the Jaguars or Patriots fans were thinking the best thing for their team would be to now sit Trevor or Mac for the rest of the season, wouldn’t every single person here be calling them a bust?

 

What people might be saying on this board is totally irrelevant. Everyone on this board thought Josh Allen was a primo bust after year 1. People on this board post a lot of goofy things that end up being completely wrong. 

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Now we’re saying is we “hope” Zach figures things out by next season… 8 weeks ago we were calling him Rodgers 2.0

 

Speak for yourself. Some of us had much more realistic expectations for a rookie QB starting on one of the youngest teams in the league, running an offense put together by a rookie OC. I think I had us at 6 wins, assuming Lawson played and put up double digit sacks with no major injuries to a few key players (Becton and Wilson were two of them). I also mocked the "Zach will be offensive rookie of the year stuff," pretty consistently.

Again - people on this board post a lot of goofy things. 

A lot of great QBs (Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc.) never even started a game their rookie season. It's funny that you brought up Rodgers, since he didn't start a game until his 4th season. Proclaiming that Zach is a bust after 5 games is embarrassing, even for this loony fanbase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think you’re reading most Jets fans wrong. Sure we’re all happy about the way White played yesterday, but I think the smart ones are just as concerned about how much better he looked than Wilson, both yesterday and even the week before in the game Zach got hurt.

The best answer people can come up with is what @The Crusher said, “the kid was never going to be ready this year in this situation.” That’s probably the right take, but it leads to some very tough questions about why he’s here and if he will ever “be ready”.

Saying he needs to sit and learn only means he isn’t good right now. Sitting doesn’t guarantee he’ll learn to be good. In fact the chances of a QB being benched halfway through his rookie year and then coming back and “getting it” the next season are pretty unlikely if history is a guide. 

 

I agree completely.  Wilson may never work out.  

I was against drafting any QB this year other than Lawrence or Jones.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...