Imminent Jets trades and whats the compensation

Maynard13

36 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Lets see.  The best players on defense.  Marcus Maye and CJ Mosley.  Yeah... That's it.  Trade them.  Why pay for good football players ? They are soooo expensive. 

Best players Mosley yes and he is under contract for a bit; Maye, not sure about that and he is gone next year. Of course, we would need to get something real for him, I doubt he moves, but I would have bet the farm we could not get a 6th, let alone a 4th, for Herndon - so what do I know?

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He is the teams best WR. If you want to help your QB, you don't  trade the teams best pass catcher. 

This....I can ultimately be proved wrong in the next few hours but the impact of him being a reliable option for Zach/Mike outweighs the value of the conditional 5th round pick we might be lucky to get for him.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

This....I can ultimately be proved wrong in the next few hours but the impact of him being a reliable option for Zach/Mike outweighs the value of the conditional 5th round pick we might be lucky to get for him.

You do realize he's riding off into the sunset after this year and into another team's camp.  Saleh and JD are BUILDING this team from the bottom up  which is why he cut Crowder's salary and refused to give in to Maye's contract demands. He's going to spend money on what he considers more urgent needs. 

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You do realize he's riding off into the sunset after this year and into another team's camp.  Saleh and JD are BUILDING this team from the bottom up  which is why he cut Crowder's salary and refused to give in to Maye's contract demands. He's going to spend money on what he considers more urgent needs. 

I do realize that....and I'm not expecting or wanting him to be re-signed.

What I'm saying is, in my humble opinion, Crowder on the field for the next 10 games is more valuable to Zach's development then the value of an extra 5th/6th round pick in 2022 that they would get back in a trade for Crowder.

• Upvote 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

I do realize that....and I'm not expecting or wanting him to be re-signed.

What I'm saying is, in my humble opinion, Crowder on the field for the next 10 games is more valuable to Zach's development then the value of an extra 5th/6th round pick in 2022 that they would get back in a trade for Crowder.

OR you could say that 5th can be used as a trade up in next years draft and with the slot now open, Moore gets more reps and develops with Zach.  

18 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

OR you could say that 5th can be used as a trade up in next years draft and with the slot now open, Moore gets more reps and develops with Zach.  

Moore can learn a lot from Crowder and also he can help with Zachs or Whites development . I say keep him