Monday Night Football.....Danny Dimes vs picked off Mahommes

Beerfish

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mahommes picked on the 1st drive in the endzone.

(Eli and Peyton is the only way to watch mnf now for me)

Agreed.  Except I could live without the segments with guests.  Gets cringeworty at times.  It is so much better with just the two of them.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Lith said:

Agreed.  Except I could live without the segments with guests.  Gets cringeworty at times.  It is so much better with just the two of them.

Yeah depends on what type of guest they have a few have been good but some yeah they are poor and distracting.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mahommes picked on the 1st drive in the endzone.

(Eli and Peyton is the only way to watch mnf now for me)

Are the Mannings actually better this week?  I gave up on it last week when it was little more than a daytime talk show, with a stream of guests while hardly even acknowledging the game.  It was great the first few weeks and I was totally on board, but then it seemed like ESPN got their hands all over it and ruined the whole damn thing for me.  If they learned their lesson and just let the two of them get back to just talking football, that would be great.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Are the Mannings actually better this week?  I gave up on it last week when it was little more than a daytime talk show, with a stream of guests while hardly even acknowledging the game.  It was great the first few weeks and I was totally on board, but then it seemed like ESPN got their hands all over it and ruined the whole damn thing for me.  If they learned their lesson and just let the two of them get back to just talking football, that would be great.

I like them they are hammy but you do learn a lot and they can't be worse than the normal commentators for me.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I turn it off during segments with non-footbal related guests.  last week, Marshawn Lynch and Brady were good.  Segment with Sue Bird was awful.  Seen enough of Jon Stewart tonight.  They need to keep it to football.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell, why does Mahommes suck now? 

I reckon he is trying to do too much, and the offensive line hasn't really improved despite the resources poured into it. CEH is out injured and is a mediocre player when he is fit. Kelce is ageing. Only so many times you can throw the rock at Hill. The rest of the skill position players are pretty bad. Pringle and Hardman are not very good football players.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I like them they are hammy but you do learn a lot and they can't be worse than the normal commentators for me.

I can't argue that.  In truth I've reached the point of mostly just not even listening to the commentators, so my abandonment of them last week was mostly so I could better hear what's on the field and not have half of the picture taken up by guests yammering on about non-football BS.  With that said, when actually talking football the Mannings are without doubt far better.

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

I turn it off during segments with non-footbal related guests.  last week, Marshawn Lynch and Brady were good.  Segment with Sue Bird was awful.  Seen enough of Jon Stewart tonight.  They need to keep it to football.

Yeah, that's probably the right way to do it... the lesser of two evils approach.  I really can't imagine there's some great draw from having awful publicity moments talking over a football game, so hopefully ESPN just gets over it with that crap.  Maybe they just need Archie to give them a talk, that usually does the trick for the family.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Because he doesn’t, we just live in a crazy, instant gratification, hyperbolic society 

Oh yes he does by objective means. 

Here are some names for the top 7 guys in the leauge with ints:

zac wilson,  Lawrence, heineke, mills, darnold and yeah mahommes now leads the league.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, undertow said:

Some of you people will just argue about anything....obviously the Chiefs aren't what they were in years past and obviously Mahomes isn't playing at a MVP level this year. 

So because he isn’t the MVP he sucks? This version of Mahomes would instantly be the best QB in the history of the franchise.