That Zuniga Sack

18 minutes ago, heymangold said:

as with mike white's performance - i can't get too jacked up over a guy making one play.

Very true and I agree 100%  but dam if Zuniga can start performing up to his talent level and continue to improve this line would be downright scary. Hopefully the light went on and he makes those type of plays on a consistent basis 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not even saying he's a good player yet, but the way he shot off the edge after getting around the tackle was something different than we've seen in a while.

Yeah once he turned the corner he showed he’s got some good initial acceleration. The thing on his scouting report (I fully admit to never seeing him play a single down at Florida) was he was supposed to be crazy-quick out of his stance, too. 

In the end all the measurables in the world aren’t as valuable as smarts & instincts. If experience adds to that part of his game, and he can put that together before teams give up on bothering with him, yeah then those measurables might mean something.

He can certainly run fast for a man his size.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

Glad he had his moment. We do have a guy with elite explosiveness on this team but he's hurt. Lawson is arguably the best player on this team. He'll come back strong IMO and pairing him with JFM and if Zuniga can continue to improve will be great for next year.

And JD will not stop there. Probably takes an edge in 1st round next year. Saleh is all about pressuring the QB. JFM, Lawson, Zuniga, QW, Hutchinson or Karafalis, Rankins, Curry BOOM ? 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Both Zúñiga and Mims seem to have rightly been in the doghouse but you’re correct, there are opportunities through good play to get out of it. Zúñiga made the most of his opportunity on Sunday, Mims dropped a sure touchdown pass. 

That drop was ugly. I’m guessing 85% of this board were like” F U Crush!” I know I was. 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Something just hits different about the way he exploded off the edge and through the QB. We have some good pass rushers on the team but I don't think we've had a guy with this type of explosive pass rush ability in a long time. Need to see much more of it before going crazy about the dude but watching this legit gave me goose bumps. I hope he can see more pass rush situations and give us some more of this.

@T0mShane you're not allowed to upvote this, remove it,

sorry Cocky B

go Gators

I know we suck

ead

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know if it was explosive or the LT just got beat on the bull rush but it was great to see

he's a hair slow off the line, but the move was good.  Solid stiff arm to the chest keeping the near side hand off his pads and makes great contact with the wrist to swat away the outside arm and rip under.  thats how you run the circle, nice rep. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Something just hits different about the way he exploded off the edge and through the QB. We have some good pass rushers on the team but I don't think we've had a guy with this type of explosive pass rush ability in a long time. Need to see much more of it before going crazy about the dude but watching this legit gave me goose bumps. I hope he can see more pass rush situations and give us some more of this.

So far, he has one more sack than Vernon Gholston.  

• WTF? 1

16 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Man that sack was a thing of beauty. Zun looked like a raging rhino, reminiscent of Charles Haley. Holy Moly. He hit Burrows so hard with all that pent up frustration he caused a fumble and nearly knocked him out the game. WOWWWEEEE 

GO JD GO JD GO

Let's hope he still has some of that pent up frustration in the tank.

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...