Henry Ruggs involved in serious car crash

chrisfaceoff

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not jumping to conclusions... and to be clear this is speculation... but are those bullet holes in the hood of the car? And what would crime scene techs be marking on the ground like that at a normal car accident? 

Fatal accidents usually bring out the techs to determine a cause.

Could be bullet holes but it seems strange that there would be bullet holes in the top of hood, as if someone was shooting into the engine.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetscanes331 said:

No, they're not bullet holes. And yes, it is completely normal for analysis of a site where the death of a human occurred.

So what are they marking on the street?

I've seen hundreds of car accidents and their aftermath and never seen that. 

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Fatal accidents usually bring out the techs to determine a cause.

Could be bullet holes but it seems strange that there would be bullet holes in the top of hood, as if someone was shooting into the engine.

For sure, definitely would be strange. I guess it could be things exploding out of the engine and through the hood upon impact. But does at least look like a bunch of bullet holes. 

Was just looking at the hood, and then the evidence markers on the ground, thinking maybe spent brass? 

Again, pure speculation off of very little. Just seemed to stick out. 

• Upvote 2

Sad story, when will these guys learn to just call a cab?   Senseless death.  Aside from going to jail, I’m sure there will be a civil suit and whatever money Ruggs has made thus far will be gone, plus I’m sure the family will go after the TopGolf facility where Ruggs was drinking.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

The Toyota was supposedly on fire - the holes in the hood were probably from the FD using the pike pole to try and open up the hood to get product in.

A halligan tool, but yes.

This is absolutely devastating.  Thoughts for all involved.

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

The Toyota was supposedly on fire - the holes in the hood were probably from the FD using the pike pole to try and open up the hood to get product in.

Most reasonable explanation. Makes sense.