Henry Ruggs involved in serious car crash

chrisfaceoff

After seeing how he was driving 156 miles an hour on a side street, any empathy I might have felt for him is gone.  He had to know better; and now he has taken a life and totally ruin the lives many more including his own.  Thrown away a promising career and probably lost his freedom in the bargain.  You can only wonder what the hell he was thinking.   I admit I was big fan of his coming out of college and thought he was going to have a really good career.   This season he was just starting to show what he was capable of and his future was looking very bright.  Then he does this....   

I really try not to pass judgement because I have driven home intoxicated and actually found myself dozing off momentarily at a red light, scaring the living sh*t out of myself in the process.   I realize that there but for the grace of God.... who knows what might have happened.... 

Still as has been stated, in those cases you are usually over compensating, with both hands on the wheel, the windows wide open etc.    For him to be actually driving that fast down a city street is totally inexcusable.   He as taken a life in the worst way possible while engaging in behavior that he knew was wrong (burned alive) and has to live with that for the rest of what his life.  Both families have to be in a state of shock.   What a horrible, horrible situation all away around.  

• Upvote 3

Henry Ruggs blames 'slow' firefighters for death of women he hit at 156mph: His attorneys claim they didn't put out blaze for 20 minutes after 'drunk' Raiders star plowed into victim's car

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10192533/amp/Ruggs-lawyers-Witness-says-firefighting-slow-fatal-crash.html

Edit: if this is the best defense you can come up with then you should not even suggest this.  At least keep the remaining minuscule dignity you have left sheesh.

If for some reason this ends up going to a jury trial...I think any reasonable jurist is going to have a hard time getting past the number 156.  He was going that fast on a public street, and intoxicated at twice the legal alcohol limit. That's so far past the line of "youthful mistake" into the realm of "harmful recklessness."

It's been reported that he hit her at 127 mph and knocked her car over 500 feet down the street.  One would hope that trying to blame slow first responders is a tactic that would backfire in court.  One would hope...

• Upvote 2

Henry Ruggs blames 'slow' firefighters for death of women he hit at 156mph: His attorneys claim they didn't put out blaze for 20 minutes after 'drunk' Raiders star plowed into victim's car
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10192533/amp/Ruggs-lawyers-Witness-says-firefighting-slow-fatal-crash.html

There is video of police arriving on scene and the car is engulfed. The caller who called 911 first said the car was already engulfed. This lowlife and his lawyer are now trying to pass blame on the fire dept crew? What a scumbag.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Yes, the firefighters caused him to get drunk and smash into somebody's car at reckless levels of speed. That's like stabbing somebody and blaming the medics for his death for not saving them from the stab wound

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

When I said that Ruggs was human garbage, and a scumbag, I gave him too much credit. 

• Upvote 3

I put an apple on top of my GFs head and tried to shoot it off with my Walther.  I wasn't trying to kill her, just knock the apple off.  That I shot her in the forehead was just an accident.  

Reckless disregard--ignoring the consequences of doing someting REALLY stupid-regardless of his mental/drunk state.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Edit: if this is the best defense you can come up with then you should not even suggest this.  At least keep the remaining minuscule dignity you have left sheesh.

The link didn't work for me but sounds like this is lawyers lawyering and not Ruggs saying this.

Seems a dumb strategy (at least to say it this early and publicly) but this doesn't even register on the list of things that make Ruggs despicable.

This is total BS.  It might have been 20 mins from the time of the crash, until the firefighters were able to attack the fire.  Remember firefighters aren't on patrol the way the police are, who might get there in a few mins.  

Firefighters are at the firehouse, have to get the call , then head to the fire.  The cops might have been around the corner on patrol and get there in 5 mins, but are unequipped  to fight a raging fire. 

The video I saw, there were cops there, but no fire trucks.  The car was  already engulfed in flame.  Cops couldn't get near it with their small extinguishers.  I'm sure the race card will be played next as to why the cops didn't leap into the flames.

I'd bet my life the firemen didn't stand there for 20 mins while the women burnt to death.   This crap about blaming first responders for every BS thing idiots do is getting infuriating.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

This is total BS.  It might have been 20 mins from the time of the crash, until the firefighters were able to attack the fire.  Remember firefighters aren't on patrol the way the police are, and might get there in a few mins.  

Firefighters are at the firehouse, have to get the call , then head to the fire.  The cops might have been around the corner on patrol and get there in 5 mins, but are unequipped  to fight a raging fire. 

The video I saw, there were cops there, but no fire trucks.  The car was  already engulfed in flame.  Cops couldn't get near it with their small extinguishers.  I'm sure the race card will be played next as to why the cops didn't leap into the flames.

I'd bet my life the firemen didn't stand there for 20 mins while the women burnt to death.   This crap about blaming first responders for every BS thing idiots do is getting infuriating.  

Not disagreeing with most of this but what would the race card look like? Wasn't the victim white?

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2021 at 7:59 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Car fully involved with a person in it and these pieces of sh*t saying, "Help US!!"

"THIS IS HENRY RUGGS, HE PLAYS FOR THE RAIDERS".

**** the world. 

this is the most unreal comment.  you can see the car burning and she's asking for help for her drunk boyfriend.