Henry Ruggs involved in serious car crash

Just now, Warfish said:

No, the person he murdered due to his choice to drink and drive, that person's life is over.

If Ruggs had drunkenly rear-ended your Mom, Wife or Daughter, and killed them, I doubt you'd be so softhearted worrying about HIS ruined life.

Its better to judge things when you're not emotionally invested. I'd want to set him on fire, does that mean he should be set on fire?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

No, the person he murdered due to his choice to drink and drive, that person's life is over.

If Ruggs had drunkenly rear-ended your Mom, Wife or Daughter, and killed them, I doubt you'd be so softhearted worrying about HIS ruined life.

This.

All the resources in the world available to him, and he still makes the idiotic, selfish choice that costs somebody their life.

Boo-hoo to him?

the rock spit GIF by WWE

• Upvote 3

Just now, Paradis said:

monday night/tuesday morning 

Work week. Practice in the AM

WTF are you doing out at 340am hammered? These fcking kids.... too many don't understand this isn't college anymore. This is your job... Just pisses me off to no end.  Organizations need an easier path to discipline players and suspend for a game/paycheck.

Typically Tuesday is an off day during the season.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

They may have, if they did have practice then it’s just a mindless decision by Ruggs.  One bad decision after another for him. 

what did you hear about his time w/LV... i know you knew some people how thought highly of him in college. Was he just a muppet at the facility too? Seem like things were trending (slowly) in the right direction this year

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

what did you hear about his time w/LV... i know you knew some people how thought highly of him in college. Was he just a muppet at the facility too? Seem like things were trending (slowly) in the right direction this year

He wasn’t happy with the way they used him during his rookie year.  Basically just had him running 9 routes and Carr wasn’t about throwing it downfield a lot last year.   This year he was running more routes and getting involved more.  By all accounts, he’s a decent kid, receptive to coaching.  He was even working a bit with Hunter Renfrow on some running different routes.   He just made a really really bad decision.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Not jumping to conclusions... and to be clear this is speculation... but are those bullet holes in the hood of the car? And what would crime scene techs be marking on the ground like that at a normal car accident? 

They are not holes.  Discolorations on the underside of the hood, most probably caused by contact with materials/structures in the engine compartment due to the impact or a fire under the hood

1.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Sad story, when will these guys learn to just call a cab?   Senseless death.  Aside from going to jail, I’m sure there will be a civil suit and whatever money Ruggs has made thus far will be gone, plus I’m sure the family will go after the TopGolf facility where Ruggs was drinking.  

all the players have a 1-2-3 text (set up by the NFL) to get the UBER/ride sent.  No questions asked. We'll never know how many of them truly use it because it's confidential (I hope it is used heavily as needed), but we now Ruggs didn't bother.

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Its better to judge things when you're not emotionally invested. I'd want to set him on fire, does that mean he should be set on fire?

I have less than zero emotional investment in Ruggs or the victim.

If Ruggs chose to drive drunk, he deserves and has earned whatever punishment the law levies against him for killing this innocent victim.

He isn't the one to "feel" for in this situation, and I would question anyone whose first thought at this story is "oh, poor Ruggs, his life is ruined".

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

A halligan tool, but yes.

This is absolutely devastating.  Thoughts for all involved.

If they are actual holes, a halligan.  From the grainy photos I see they may not even be holes.   The car does look like it was on fire but it is not totally scorched and I don't see water or foam on the ground.  No dry chemical residue either. 

Any way you slice it, bad decision to get into car if impaired and a free ride is only a button press away.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I have less than zero emotional investment in Ruggs or the victim.

If Ruggs chose to drive drunk, he deserves and has earned whatever punishment the law levies against him for killing this innocent victim.

He isn't the one to "feel" for in this situation, and I would question anyone whose first thought at this story is "oh, poor Ruggs, his life is ruined".

You can only feel for one? Ok then yes, I choose the victim. 

Did I say anything about letting him off?

Tell me what my first thought was again. It's fascinating. 

You should go back and read my first post.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If they are actual holes, a halligan.  From the grainy photos I see they may not even be holes.   The car does look like it was on fire but it is not totally scorched and I don't see water or foam on the ground.  No dry chemical residue either. 

Any way you slice it, bad decision to get into car if impaired and a free ride is only a button press away.  

I didn't see the picture previously. It shouldn't take nearly that many holes from a halligan to pry open the hood. Not really sure what is going on there honestly.

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

I didn't see the picture previously. It shouldn't take nearly that many holes from a halligan to pry open the hood. Not really sure what is going on there honestly.

The whole situation is a bit odd. You don't typically see vehicles catch fire after a collision from the rear. Perhaps the car was propelled into another object.

Agree.  It's odd.  Not sure if they are holes or discolorations.  If holes caused by a halligan, I'd expect to see holes concentrated near the font center of the hood where the latch/lock is.  In the photos I can see, there is a line of marks/holes along the back of the hood where the fire wall is and then a bunch of marks/holes around the center of the hood.  Not sure what went on there, but def not bullet holes.

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You can only feel for one? Ok then yes, I choose the victim. 

I'd argue we should only feel badly for one.  There is only one victim.

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You should go back and read my first post.

You mean this:

I'm sorry but I feel terrible for the kid as well. Just one mistake, lapse in judgement and his life is basically over.

You feel terrible for a drunk driver who murdered someone, it seems.

Perhaps this is news to you, but "one lapse in judgement" ruins alot of lives in this world, mostly those of victims OF those lapses in judgement.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, rbstern said:

FYI, the charge in Nevada is "DUI Causing Injury or Death."  A Class B felony (one step down from the big ones), carries potential prison sentence of two to 20 years.

Mr. Ruggs is innocent until proven guilty, but the reports don't bode well for him.

RIP to the other driver.

I read that there is no probation for this allowed?  I'm not so sure about that.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh is it? At what point does the big daddy in da sky go from spectator to having control in this story?

I wish he would have made the other car mysteriously disappear before they collided.

Seriously? Everyone needs to stop going in this direction of I’ll stop it for you, 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This is a terrible post, if you think it’s funny you should likely reconsider. 

I think it's funny. Not particularly a knee-slapper, but at least chuckle-worthy. If I said RIP and condolences, the outcome isn't going to change, so why can't I make a joke about it? I'm not the one who killed someone through their idiocy, so you should really direct your ire towards that person.

• Thumb Down 5

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

He wasn’t happy with the way they used him during his rookie year.  Basically just had him running 9 routes and Carr wasn’t about throwing it downfield a lot last year.   This year he was running more routes and getting involved more.  By all accounts, he’s a decent kid, receptive to coaching.  He was even working a bit with Hunter Renfrow on some running different routes.   He just made a really really bad decision.  

ah ok... well that's awful. You hate to see a good kid or at least your normal/average still growing up 22 year old make a decision that will not only cost them their livelyhood, but also follow them for life. That would be prison in the short term. Hope he has good people in his corner that will monitor his mental health. 

Is it true that the victim burned to death? This is just immensely horrible.

Edit:  I guess I found my answer on twitter.  Someone posted a video of the vctim's car in a roaring fire and you could here the pops coming from the engine during the fire, I guess the car was still on (explains the holes maybe).    

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

If I had the NFL's safe ride program at my disposal, I'd be using it every time I decided to go out even if I wasn't drunk.  

If a millionaire can't be bothered calling a cab why would calling a NFL safe ride program be any different?

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

I think it's funny. Not particularly a knee-slapper, but at least chuckle-worthy. If I said RIP and condolences, the outcome isn't going to change, so why can't I make a joke about it? I'm not the one who killed someone through their idiocy, so you should really direct your ire towards that person.

Not my fight and it is an online forum so you are entitled to your opinion - but where are you going with this? You actually find humor in an innocent person dying and a kid making a horrible mistake? Strange.

• Upvote 1