Henry Ruggs involved in serious car crash

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm not the one that invited god into the discussion 

If someone finds it offensive well too bad. I find the mention of that thing offensive. 

Fine. Next time  you both get a break. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Millions of dollars and can't call a ******* uber.

No, the person he murdered due to his choice to drink and drive, that person's life is over. If Ruggs had drunkenly rear-ended your Mom, Wife or Daughter, and killed them, I doubt you'd be so sof

So sad.  I’m not embarrassed or ashamed of much in my life, but getting a DUI when I was 20 is one of the things I am incredibly ashamed of. I’m thankful I didn’t hurt anyone, but every time I se

Posted Images

For all we know he’s an alcoholic and hit his rock bottom. 
This is a sad sad story. That women was burned alive. I’m sure he sobered up and feels awful. What a mess and a tragedy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

On the same token, if your mom, wife or daughter made this mistake, your life would be forever altered negatively.  And you’d likely have a different perspective than you do on this particular situation.

Whether anyone feels sorry for Ruggs is really insignificant.  There are many lives ruined.  This shouldn’t turn into a “I’m right, you’re wrong” pissing match.   

Exactly. This is just so tragic and this thread has turned into a sh*t storm. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, Wit said:

This is a sad sad story. That women was burned alive. I’m sure he sobered up and feels awful. What a mess and a tragedy. 

Hes a scumbag who could afford to F***ing Uber around the goddamn world. 

No pity. Hope he's done, and lawsuits bankrupt him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If my mom, wife, or best friend had signed a multi-million dollar deal and had access to generational wealth and decided to get hammered and drive a car into oncoming traffic and kill an innocent bystander, who ******* burned to death, as much as I care for them, they would deserve whatever penalty was issued.

I've run on calls like this. I have zero tolerance for it.

Ruggs should get what he deserves.  I don’t think anyone is disputing that.  That’s not the point I’m trying to make.  I’m going to remove myself from this conversation, because it just is going to end up being a conversation I don’t think is productive.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

The NFL provides a car service to any player that needs it. And why do drunk guys always seem to drive so damn fast?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I was watching an episode of Cops or Live PD and they asked the drunk guy they arrested this exact question.  He said he felt it was safer if he got home quicker and spent less time on the road because he was drunk. Impaired logic. 

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

If they are actual holes, a halligan.  From the grainy photos I see they may not even be holes.   The car does look like it was on fire but it is not totally scorched and I don't see water or foam on the ground.  No dry chemical residue either. 

Any way you slice it, bad decision to get into car if impaired and a free ride is only a button press away.  

They cut the hood to access the engine compartment (at the hinges), if they used a Halligan on the hood, it would have been at a corner to "peel" it for nozzle access. Doesn't look like that, either.

Many modern engines have components made of magnesium, titanium, and boron. They are all relatively reactive metals and spalling could have caused those marks. 

The only time you see that many holes in a hood or other panel of a car would be during training....and trust me, you don't do that at a fatality scene. 

But its hard to make specific determinations based on photos.

But what do I know? 

We don’t even have the full story yet…

His BAC? Were they both intoxicated? Did they know each other? Was this a companion? or relative? And they were “racing” home from the same party? Was this a money grab gone wrong?

All we know is this tragic accident involved two extremely young people (22, 23) at a time when most people are or should be sleeping. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

We don’t even have the full story yet…

His BAC? Were they both intoxicated? Did they know each other? Was this a companion? or relative? And they were “racing” home from the same party? Was this a money grab gone wrong?

All we know is this tragic accident involved two extremely young people (22, 23) at a time when most people are or should be sleeping. 

So, if the 23 year old girl who burned to death was drunk, its ok? What? 

WTF is the point of this post? Have you read any of the posts regarding the incident?

JFC.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, if the 23 year old girl who burned to death was drunk, its ok? What? 

WTF is the point of this post? Have you read any of the posts regarding the incident?

JFC.

A lost life is tragic, make no mistake. 
The situation involved here, and the whole trapped in fire part makes it even more so. 

But we don’t know the full story.  

If an innocent bystander was killed by an illegal street race vs. a willing participant who died while street racing vs. someone who decided to get hit by a car for (millionaire) insurance money, it all triggers different degrees of empathy… because of their degree of participation and understanding the risks they were taking. 

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

A lost life is tragic, make no mistake. 
The situation involved here, and the whole trapped in fire part makes it even more so. 

But we don’t know the full story.  

If an innocent bystander was killed by an illegal street race vs. a willing participant who died while street racing vs. someone who decided to get hit by a car for (millionaire) insurance money, it all triggers different degrees of empathy… because of their degree of participation and understanding the risks they were taking. 

Read the reports coming out. Drunk ahole driving fast crossed into oncoming traffic and killed a girl. 

Period.

Stop with the virtue signalling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Read the reports coming out. Drunk ahole driving fast crossed into oncoming traffic and killed a girl. 

Period.

Stop with the virtue signalling. 

Don’t be a jerk.  Waiting to get the full story isn’t virtue signaling. 

According to this report he hit the back of a car, and stayed on the scene. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/11/03/henry-ruggs-iii-deadly-car-accident-details-emerge

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Don’t be a jerk.  Waiting to get the full story isn’t virtue signaling. 

According to this report he hit the back of a car, and stayed on the scene. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/11/03/henry-ruggs-iii-deadly-car-accident-details-emerge

Based on the facts that have come out thus far, the chances that the victim was "participating" in any way seem to be extremely slim at best.

13 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Based on the facts that have come out thus far, the chances that the victim was somehow "participating" seem to be extremely slim at best.

I worked for an insurance company that would extend umbrella coverage for high profile clients (i.e., Michael Jordan, politicians, etc.). You’d be surprised how frequently extremely wealthy people are involved in claims because people would frequently get in accidents with them on purpose.  

When I first read the report it sounded like the victim was rear ended from the same lane which made me suspect a high speed brake check gone wrong.  It sounds like he veered into her lane suddenly from behind which makes it far less likely that this was a money grab. 

Where I live (SoCal), it’s not uncommon to see two idiots racing around traffic on the freeway, and street racing deaths aren’t that abnormal.  

So if my callous reaction has offended anyone(@Jet_Engine1), I apologize. That wasn’t my intention, and I think we as a message board all know better than that. 

thaaat is an example of virtue signaling. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I worked for an insurance company that would extend umbrella coverage for high profile clients (i.e., Michael Jordan, politicians, etc.). You’d be surprised how frequently extremely wealthy people are involved in claims because people would frequently get in accidents with them on purpose.  

When I first read the report it sounded like the victim was rear ended from the same lane which made me suspect a high speed brake check gone wrong.  

Ok, but this occurred at nearly 4 am.  How the hell would someone, at night, have known Henry Ruggs was in the other car to get in the accident with him?

And even if this was in the daytime, Henry Ruggs isn’t a “high profile” athlete.  He’s on his rookie deal, on a team that typically hovers around 8-8, and is in its first season in a new city where fans are allowed in to see them in their stadium.  He’s not Michael Jordan or a high level politician. I doubt even an avid Raiders fan in Vegas could pick him out of a lineup.  

A kneejerk “MAYBE THIS WAS A SETUP” reaction to this story given even the most basic details of the crash wasn’t the best of takes. 

3 hours ago, Wit said:

I have ZERO sympathy or can give TWO sh*ts about someone who killed someone because of THEIR irresponsibility. You can be a raging alcoholic and responsible for your addiction. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok, but this occurred at nearly 4 am.  How the hell would someone, at night, have known Henry Ruggs was in the other car to get in the accident with him?

And even if this was in the daytime, Henry Ruggs isn’t a “high profile” athlete.  He’s on his rookie deal, on a team that typically hovers around 8-8, and is in its first season in a new city where fans are allowed in to see them in their stadium.  He’s not Michael Jordan or a high level politician. I doubt even an avid Raiders fan in Vegas could pick him out of a lineup.  

A kneejerk “MAYBE THIS WAS A SETUP” reaction to this story given even the most basic details of the crash wasn’t the best of takes. 

7D2116C7-279E-4F53-8FB2-EB0E4AC1EC66.jpeg

4 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Ruggs deserves everything that is going to come his way. 

You can't even tell the car was a Rav4. That's really horrible. It sucks when things like this happen

• Upvote 1

Apparently Ruggs has been released (Makes sense) by the Raiders, and according to RaidersBeat (Don't know if trustworthy) they have started removing every reference of him from the stadium. 

• Like 1