Jump to content

Henry Ruggs involved in serious car crash


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Twice the legal limit and driving 156 mph!! Holy sh*t. He is fkcd

Wow, yeah, he's going to behind bars for a long long long time.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the reason he wears 3 and throws 3 up after big plays is in memory to a friend who died in a car crash.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Millions of dollars and can't call a ******* uber.

No, the person he murdered due to his choice to drink and drive, that person's life is over. If Ruggs had drunkenly rear-ended your Mom, Wife or Daughter, and killed them, I doubt you'd be so sof

So sad.  I’m not embarrassed or ashamed of much in my life, but getting a DUI when I was 20 is one of the things I am incredibly ashamed of. I’m thankful I didn’t hurt anyone, but every time I se

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Perhaps the dumbest comment I have read on this board. You mean they are incapable of giving consent. I would suggest that if the roles were reversed and you were dead drunk and a woman tried to shove a fence post up your nether parts, you would not be "responsible" for your "actions" either, "sexually." :

 

Oh is that what you thought it was about?

Perhaps you're the dumb one but you have the emotional on your side so logic has no place and I am automatically wrong, genius. 

Two people with the same BAC, one ****s someone they regret *******, the other drives a car and crashes into someone. 

One is told, "you were in no shape to make that decision, let's prosecute!"

The other is told "you're completely responsible for your decision, let's prosecute!"

And yes, I'm talking about instances where consent was given while enebriated, not where someone was physically unable to resist or express non consent.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I agree. 

Never once in this thread did I say he shouldn't be punished. 

I just think maybe trying to figure out where this attitude came from so that hopefully we can prevent other incidents like this instead of just calling people human garbage and other meaningless gestures of emotional incontinence and posturing.

There is this thing called accountability and responsibility. Driving 156mph, twice the legal limit, gun in the car, killed an innocent 23yo and her pet, and you're talking about attitude? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

At least three bystanders stopped to help.

Among them was Alexander Hart, a security guard for a nearby condominium community, according to the report. After hearing the crash, he got into his security vehicle and drove to the scene.

When he arrived, the report states, he heard screams coming from the Toyota. The driver was still alive, he told police.

But he couldn’t pull her out, he said, because she was pinned inside the SUV.

The Toyota “was soon overcome with smoke and heat from flames,” and Hart had to back away, according to the report. Tintor’s dog, who was in the back seat, also died.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/woman-killed-in-crash-with-henry-ruggs-identified-2471162/amp/

(This guy better do real time for this.)  

SAR I

Good lord. That'ss horrible. RIP.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

There is this thing called accountability and responsibility. Driving 156mph, twice the legal limit, gun in the car, killed an innocent 23yo and her pet, and you're talking about attitude? 

All I'm saying is that I want to know where the idea that being that reckless was ok, in this kid's mind. Where did it come from? His upbringing? Genetics? The privilege of being a football star since high school? All of these? Because somewhere along the line his mind was not equipped like most other people's minds are. Just like most people can't run a 4.3 forty.

It would never occur to me, or most people, to drive drunk at 156 mph not imagining I could kill someone or not caring if it happened. Why not? Why wouldn't it occur to me? Why am I not a "piece of human garbage" but Henry Ruggs is?

Why aren't any of you? Why are you you and Ruggs isn't? 

All I can do is thank God (expression) that it ISN'T me that has these impulses or lack of impulse control or lack of morals or a certain sociopathy. Thank God it's not me.

And thank God it's not you because that's all you can do. That and grieve for the poor woman (and Dog) that met such a horrific end that to think about it makes one not want to be happy because how can you be happy when such terrible things happen?

And yes, part of me grieves for this kid that for some reason or other has this ******* brain that has now basically destroyed his life and has to live with the image of the woman that he basically burnt to death. Sorry if this offends any of you.

That's all I'm saying. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

There is this thing called accountability and responsibility. Driving 156mph, twice the legal limit, gun in the car, killed an innocent 23yo and her pet, and you're talking about attitude? 

Over 3x the limit on that street.  Omg that’s insane

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Did you guys know that gasoline is flammable and that there are parts of a car engine that are hot and if they touch somehow by like err idk an accident or something a fire could start? MIND BLOWN

Dude, we're having a discussion here.  Please add to the discussion, but if you just want to call posters idiots because they don't meet the standards of your superior intellect, then just GFY.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

All I'm saying is that I want to know where the idea that being that reckless was ok, in this kid's mind. Where did it come from? His upbringing? Genetics? The privilege of being a football star since high school? All of these? Because somewhere along the line his mind was not equipped like most other people's minds are. Just like most people can't run a 4.3 forty.

It would never occur to me, or most people, to drive drunk at 156 mph not imagining I could kill someone or not caring if it happened. Why not? Why wouldn't it occur to me? Why am I not a "piece of human garbage" but Henry Ruggs is?

Why aren't any of you? Why are you you and Ruggs isn't? 

All I can do is thank God (expression) that it ISN'T me that has these impulses or lack of impulse control or lack of morals or a certain sociopathy. Thank God it's not me.

And thank God it's not you because that's all you can do. That and grieve for the poor woman (and Dog) that met such a horrific end that to think about it makes one not want to be happy because how can you be happy when such terrible things happen?

And yes, part of me grieves for this kid that for some reason or other has this ******* brain that has now basically destroyed his life and has to live with the image of the woman that he basically burnt to death. Sorry if this offends any of you.

That's all I'm saying. 

I have zero sympathy for Ruggs. I mean, how F'ing stupid can he be? Not only was he driving 156MPH in a residential neighborhood, he was drunk as a skunk, had a loaded gun in the car, and had a passenger in the car. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I have zero sympathy for Ruggs. I mean, how F'ing stupid can he be? Not only was he driving 156MPH in a residential neighborhood, he was drunk as a skunk, had a loaded gun in the car, and had a passenger in the car. 

I have sympathy for stupid people.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, BallinPB said:

If I had the NFL's safe ride program at my disposal, I'd be using it every time I decided to go out even if I wasn't drunk.  

Haven’t owned a car or driven one in going on 6 years. Total absolute freedom. Best decision I ever made.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

All I'm saying is that I want to know where the idea that being that reckless was ok, in this kid's mind. Where did it come from? His upbringing? Genetics? The privilege of being a football star since high school? All of these? Because somewhere along the line his mind was not equipped like most other people's minds are. Just like most people can't run a 4.3 forty.

It would never occur to me, or most people, to drive drunk at 156 mph not imagining I could kill someone or not caring if it happened. Why not? Why wouldn't it occur to me? Why am I not a "piece of human garbage" but Henry Ruggs is?

Why aren't any of you? Why are you you and Ruggs isn't? 

All I can do is thank God (expression) that it ISN'T me that has these impulses or lack of impulse control or lack of morals or a certain sociopathy. Thank God it's not me.

And thank God it's not you because that's all you can do. That and grieve for the poor woman (and Dog) that met such a horrific end that to think about it makes one not want to be happy because how can you be happy when such terrible things happen?

And yes, part of me grieves for this kid that for some reason or other has this ******* brain that has now basically destroyed his life and has to live with the image of the woman that he basically burnt to death. Sorry if this offends any of you.

That's all I'm saying. 

Dude power and money corrupts.

This guy probably had a feeling of being on top of the world. Invincible. He probably knew he was wasted but got into that car thinking, “f this....im a star....i do what i want”

Not only drunk but 150 mph down sidestreets...

And now a doggie and a girl burn alive. A funeral. Grieving parents friends and lovers.

Hes a piece of S. Youre barking up the wrong tree and doubling down. 

If it was your daughter, you wouldnt be so cavalier. You know it

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hex said:

The bail is reportedly $150K

is that the worth of a life today?

The more frustrating part is going to come when he’s sentenced. I’ve seen similar cases and the sentencing always shocks me. We don’t penalize vehicular manslaughter harsh enough when the person is DUI and driving reckless.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude power and money corrupts.

This guy probably had a feeling of being on top of the world. Invincible. He probably knew he was wasted but got into that car thinking, “f this....im a star....i do what i want”

Not only drunk but 150 mph down sidestreets...

And now a doggie and a girl burn alive. A funeral. Grieving parents friends and lovers.

Hes a piece of S. Youre barking up the wrong tree and doubling down. 

If it was your daughter, you wouldnt be so cavalier. You know it

Cavalier?

Either you didn't read my post, you didn't understand it or you don't care about these things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I ride 99% of the time between March and November. 

In Wisconsin. 

I rejected the company car at work. HR didn’t even know what to do. Never happened before. So they ended up throwing an extra 900 bucks a month into paycheck, cha ching! Monthly trains pass: $100 and in Germany can drink a beer on train on commute home.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And assuming he was smart enough to protect his assets, this clown will probably only do 5 years max. When he comes out, he will be a late 20’s millionaire. The mom and dad? They will still be in therapy.

I can just see it now: 2026. Dateline NBC. Interview. The Henry Ruggs foundation. Created by a repentant Ruggs while he was in prison to bring awareness to drunk driving. Sobbing...”I was young, I didnt know how to handle the fame and money....I felt invincible”

” See I told you he has a soul...”...gastieau lives

meanwhile theres a coffin with a burnt girl in it and parents still in therapy

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Cavalier?

Either you didn't read my post, you didn't understand it or you don't care about these things.

I read them. 
 

im gonna let this go. We all have opinions

 

enough of this lets go jets mike white baby!

Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how many times they have NFL legends who did it the right way, and guys who had troubled careers speak to the rookies, there will still be selfish scumbags like Ruggs who drive drunk with a passenger, and at deadly speeds. Ruggs is a scumbag to his team, the NFL, and all of the lives he ruined by being a scumbag. What a pile of human excrement.

NFL Rookie Transition Program | NFL Football Operations

image.png.7eb08652fc471a7e3ca7b602eaf3cf0e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...