Henry Ruggs involved in serious car crash

chrisfaceoff

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah trying to understand something is horrible and ignorant.

Holy sh*t. Lol

Your thoughts on this would starve a fruit fly.

It may not be your intent.  It may be how you say it, and then how to react when questioned about it.

A little self-reflection is good for the soul.

Or, keep being a bag of sour dicks.  It's really up to you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

And assuming he was smart enough to protect his assets, this clown will probably only do 5 years max. When he comes out, he will be a late 20’s millionaire. The mom and dad? They will still be in therapy.

I can just see it now: 2026. Dateline NBC. Interview. The Henry Ruggs foundation. Created by a repentant Ruggs while he was in prison to bring awareness to drunk driving. Sobbing...”I was young, I didnt know how to handle the fame and money....I felt invincible”

” See I told you he has a soul...”...gastieau lives

meanwhile theres a coffin with a burnt girl in it and parents still in therapy

You are crazy to think he’s gonna have any money left

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It may not be your intent.  It may be how you say it, and then how to react when questioned about it.

A little self-reflection is good for the soul.

Or, keep being a bag of sour dicks.  It's really up to you.

Me? Your whole argument is based in emotionality.

I've been called dumb and basically accused of being a date rapist all because I'm trying to understand another human being, so no, you deserve nothing better than my reaction. None of you.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Thank you. Coming from someone with your obvious intelligence, depth and credentials it means alot.

You should check out Sam Harris' work. You'll appreciate it!

Interesting fact: Sam Harris' mom created the TV shows Soap and Golden Girls.  

You can go back to fighting now.

• Haha 2

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Perhaps you've heard of my mother. She created the show Wooden Spoon. It starred my ass. Got hit with that so much I swear I could taste my ass in the sauce.

Its honestly bizarre all parents of that generation deployed the wooden spoon spanking and equally bizarre its something I forgot until you wrote that.  It must have been a class they taught all parents.  I really dont think about it, but a good number of wooden spoons were broken from ass spankings on me.  I'm petty sure I deserved all the beatings so thats why its not a big deal to me lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

You are crazy to think he’s gonna have any money left

I said “if”

I also know there are ways to protect assets, if he ever visited a solid financial planner.

Im not pretending to be an expert but for example, if he owned a primary residence in florida that he paid 1.2 million cash for, it wouldnt be up for grabs in a lawsuit. If he bought foreign property thats another tough grab. There are ways

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Me? Your whole argument is based in emotionality.

I've been called dumb and basically accused of being a date rapist all because I'm trying to understand another human being, so no, you deserve nothing better than my reaction. None of you.

You know I can and do understand that some criminals do things because they were brought up in a violent and abusive household with criminal parents. I do have empathy….

But this is a guy that grew up in a normal family that did the stupidest thing imaginable that everyone knows is wrong. Like the worst thing you can do type wrong. And now the gurl is dead and the dog too. Hes alive and will get out of jail a young man. His life is altered, but hardly “ruined” so I dont feel a thing for him whatsoever.

Youre problem is youre doubling down supporting him most likey to “win” or to be “be right” instead of conceding a bit and being more clear

Just now, HighPitch said:

You know I can and do understand that some criminals do things because they were brought up in a violent and abusive household with criminal parents. I do have empathy….

But this is a guy that grew up in a normal family that did the stupidest thing imaginable that everyone knows is wrong. Like the worst thing you can do type wrong. And now the gurl is dead and the dog too. Hes alive and will get out of jail a young man. His life is altered, but hardly “ruined” so I dont feel a thing for him whatsoever.

Youre problem is youre doubling down supporting him most likey to “win” or to be “be right” instead of conceding a bit and being more clear

Supporting him? How?

16 hours ago, HighPitch said:

My two cents here.  Aside from how the courts will judge/sentence an offender, the feelings and attitudes of the offender himself/herself regarding what they have done will determine what the rest of their life is "worth" if anything.  I would imagine that some offenders will never feel any guilt while others may greatly/justly suffer internally. 

A phrase I remember...

"His deeds will not be forgiven, until he merits"

25 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Ruggs is a POS.  Million $ athlete who has no excuse to drive drunk.  

In the year 2021, why can't we make every car produced be drunk driver proof?

We're inching our way there.... but too slowly.  Certainly not soon enough for the victim and her dog.

I'm still amazed at home many people will spend $60 at a bar and then not want to spend $25 for an Uber ride home.  And these players have even less of an excuse, not just because of the money they make but because there's a free service provided by the NFL and NFLPA where you simply dial a 1-800 day or night, anytime and can get a ride anywhere.... no questions asked.  It's like having your own free chauffeur on standby 24/7.

For the rest of us, self-driving cars can't come soon enough!

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We're inching our way there.... but too slowly.  Certainly not soon enough for the victim and her dog.

I'm still amazed at home many people will spend $60 at a bar and then not want to spend $25 for an Uber ride home.  And these players have even less of an excuse, not just because of the money they make but because there's a free service provided by the NFL and NFLPA where you simply dial a 1-800 day or night, anytime and can get a ride anywhere.... no questions asked.  It's like having your own free chauffeur on standby 24/7.

For the rest of us, self-driving cars can't come soon enough!

Has anyone asked if there were any other Raiders players, coaches, trainers or other staff with Ruggs at Top Golf while he drank and then left on his own?  Worse, was it a team sponsored event of any kind?   If I am the victim's attorney, I will find that out these things for sure, because the Raiders and the NFL will get served.   Hopefully for the league, it was not and there weren't any other Raiders players or staff there. 

The girl's brother spoke today.  Just heartbreaking.  The family is shattered.  She was her parents' world.

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh man. It's not like the horror hadn't occurred to me, but then you see the actual picture to personify it further, and yeah it hits home that much more.

Just 23 years old with her whole life in front of her, minding her business, driving wherever she was going with her loving dog. The next minute they're both horrifyingly burned alive, unimaginably tortured until life's finally left their bodies. All the things she did and planned, from every test she'd ever studied for and aced, right down to deciding what shoes to wear that day or whether to tie back her hair in ponytail before getting in the car. All of it, all for a future she won't get to live. All she was ever going to be and do; perhaps the mother she would've become; all of it erased.

Go ahead and make me cry.  Seriously,  I think of my daughter and her retrievers..   and she's just a few years older than this girl.  This one is really getting to me.

Is it possible to ban me from reading a particular thread?  Geez.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1