JD Felt the Heat

kevinc855

What a very unlike JD trade deadline for JD. Trader Joe was gun shy, only making a small move at RG. 

Keeps Maye, Mimms, Crowder and Cole. 

My take, 1-5, wasn't sitting well, the media exploded. Then, we beat the Bengals. This team wants to keep winning. 

JD knew keeping guys like Crowder or Maye help them win THIS YEAR over a 4th or 5th next year. Quite the adjustment in strategy. 

Wonder if Saleh lobbied him. Very unlike JD last 24. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 4

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

What a very unlike JD trade deadline for JD. Trader Joe was gun shy, only making a small move at RG. 

My take, 1-5, wasn't sitting well, the media exploded. Then, we beat the Bengals. This team wants to keep winning. 

JD knew keeping guys like Crowder or Maye help them win THIS YEAR over a 4th or 5th next year. Quite the adjustment in strategy. 

I think he wants to win too. He held out for higher draft picks otherwise he already has enough capital for this year. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

your right he was feeling the heat after that NE game. but i think the pressure came from above. when the media is waiting for Woody outside a NFL meeting is not a good sign.

i am a little shocked he didnt dump Crowder just to open a spot for Moore or Mims. we need to see what they got before next year.

i think the Bengal game got this team excited. there thinking there not such a bad team. and if  we had a little bit better QB play this year we beat Carolina and Atlanta. 

29 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

More like teams probably tried to low ball JD for Crowder or Maye and wanted us to pick up the tab for the rest of the year. Eff that. Maybe he now he tags Maye next year. 

I don't think he felt the heat at all... I think this is his vision. He tore the team apart over the last 2 years and started putting together his base in his first 2 drafts. He's got his pieces in place and I think the next 2 offseasons, and next on in particular, are going to be about adding to the team. 

The time for selling is over - we almost don't have anything to sell anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a move like the Bills made in trading for Diggs

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think you've over dramatized the situation. He made very logical moves. Shore up oline, keep weapons to help both young QBs. Not sure there's more than that here...  

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas did exactly what he should have.  He would have moved some guys but not for 4th and 5th round picks.  He set the value for Maye and Crowder and no team offered what they were worth.

Smart move for Joe D to stand pat.  Its all about setting a precedent of who you are as a gm and Joe has finalized that he only does business at his price.

That will pay off big time down the road and its exactly why he has already robbed other teams big time on trades.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

His trade was good, we needed a prospect at RG since we have to upgrade GVR, and then addition by subtraction getting rid of TE Brown who wasn't doing much for us and now hopefully this opens up the final TE slot for Kenny Y. to get him more time/experience. Those 2 areas of RG and TE is where we needed some movement and we got that based on what occurred as I stated. In keeping Maye we didn't cause us to have a serious problem at safety. And, keeping WRs Crowder and Mims were no brainers since we need all the weapons on O we can get regardless of who plays QB. Whatever we would have gotten for Crowder or Maye was not worth losing us for now in this season to help us to continue to progress. As was mentioned maybe we get comp picks when they leave or even have possible sign and trade deals to get something since we likely are to lose both unless the Jets and Maye come to some sort of an agreement. Crowder there are just too many slot WRs already in our future and Moore is getting better and more valuable each week so we have to keep giving him a lot of playing time.

• Upvote 1