Chris Simms not a big Mike White fan!

Nixhead

14 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Watch the first 10 min - about White and the Jets. I agreed with Simms about drafting Zach but I think there is more to what happened Sunday than what Simms is preaching here. 

Good, he was word knobbing Wilson lollipop, and thus far has been dead wrong.  Let's hope his thoughts continue. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Watch the first 10 min - about White and the Jets. I agreed with Simms about drafting Zach but I think there is more to what happened Sunday than what Simms is preaching here. 

I am highly insulted by Chris Simms' impression of me at the opening of this video.  

• Haha 3

If all Mike White can do is dink passes, then Chris Simms is right. We don’t know that though.

Saleh said they called plays to push the ball down the field (suggests the CS has confidence he can throw it down field) but Cincy gave MW the short ball and he took it. That is good QBing.

The Jets will know over the next couple games what we have in Mike White. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

If all Mike White can do is dink passes, then Chris Simms is right. We don’t know that though.

Saleh said they called plays to push the ball down the field (suggests the CS has confidence he can throw it down field) but Cincy gave MW the short ball and he took it. That is good QBing.

The Jets will know over the next couple games what we have in Mike White. 

Agreed! One more thing - when you put the ball up 45 times your gonna have an interception or 2 - but I will take that every time along with the 37 completions. Wasn't Mike White also a pitcher in college? I think he had a pretty good fastball. His arm might not be on the level of a Josh Allen but I'm betting he's got  pretty decent arm talent. Also who's to say you can't win in the NFL dinking passes? The Jets just did it. The Pats do it. Its apparently hard to stop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Simms is 100% correct. White did a nice job BUT "it was a dink and dunk fest" LOL,  Check Down Check Check Check check check check every throw 4 yards LOL He aint wrong here.  Colts will TAKE away those itsy bitsy throws on Thursday and force White to go down field.

"Shut up everybody Mike White is NOT the answer" LOL HAhahahhahaha that's FUNNY

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Agreed! One more thing - when you put the ball up 45 times your gonna have an interception or 2 - but I will take that every time along with the 37 completions. Wasn't Mike White also a pitcher in college? I think he had a pretty good fastball. His arm might not be on the level of a Josh Allen but I'm betting he's got  pretty decent arm talent. Also who's to say you can't win in the NFL dinking passes? The Jets just did it. The Pats do it. Its apparently hard to stop. 

Reportedly had a 96 mph fastball...6 years ago...

Maybe Sims is right Mike White is not the answer at QB but either is Zach at this point. Zach always had a dump off option to a RB  but ignored it in favor of the money play downfield even Saleh said Zach has to learn to play boring football and when he did dump it off it wasn't accurate. We also find out reason Lefluer wasn't in the booth because Zach wants a personal babysitter on the sidelines so guess Beck can do that now. Right now the Jets dont know what the answer is at QB but Mike White did make some 10 to 20 yard throws when the defense allowed it thats exactly what Zach should be doing is taking what the defense gives him let's the weapons get the yardage when he figures that out then he might be the guy.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

You can knock Simms if you want for being wrong at times, but i like the way he states his opinions, with sound logic. They WERE all dump off passes by White, check downs to rb's.. But its hard to believe that they designed this easier game plan for White, but for Zach, they expect him to throw lazers... as Simms was claiming. 

Oh hey look, JN's favorite moron blow hard media dbag with a microphone!  

Let me guess his takes because there is zero chance I listen to a word of this idiot;

- they changed the offense for Mike White

- Mike White isnt good and will be exposed.

- Zach Wilson is still an elite prospect despite playing like the worst QB in the NFL

- the OL protected better for Mike White because secretly, they like him better

- LaFleur put together the perfect game plan, something he hasnt done for Simms QB1 in the draft

- Jets fans now want a guy to start who they were complaining about being the back up 1 week ago.

What did I miss? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

white played a really good game but it's still only one game.  how many times have we seen the jets torched by the back up qb's?  plenty.  give white his due and as long as the jets have a reliable starter it really doesn't matter if white or wilson is on the guy's back.  and i don't understand the dislike of wilson.  just because those passes worked for white doesn't mean they would've worked for wislon.  i seem to recall carter dropping a number of short passes from wilson.  and while we're at it, guys like carter, moore, even ty johnson are just now getting into the flow of the game.  they're all better players than on game 1.

we'll see if white can keep the mojo going.  hopefully he'll win 2 or 3 of the next 4 games and adapt to the way he's going to be played from here on out.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Ewww, I was close based on the responses.   He's using the ever so popular, LaFleur gave him the easy throws and was intentionally making the game harder for Zach Wilson narrative!  That's a good one, no better way to create job security than to intentionally sabotage the 2nd overall pick so you can play Mike White.  I know, I know, the good old, he called the "short easy stuff" and the "dump off passes" narrative.  So clever!   This is honestly his defense of his QB1 being the worst QB in the NFL?

lol

Funny, when I look up Mike White's stats, I see something that says he's average more yards per attempt and completions than Zach Wilson.  4.7 vs. 6.6 and 6.5 vs. 7.9.  When I watch Zach Wilson, I see him struggling to execute these "short easy passes" that White seemingly has no problem whatsoever completing.  All his attempts to backs werent dump offs, that's spinning to fit your narrative.  Both Johnson and Carter were running routes, as well as acting as the check down option.   It's funny, we celebrate Drew Brees like one of the all time greats, nobody threw to RB's more than Drew Brees,  Half of his yard per season came from him throwing to RB's but this is a knock on Mike White, why? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Ewww, I was close based on the responses.   He's using the ever so popular, LaFleur gave him the easy throws and was intentionally making the game harder for Zach Wilson narrative!  That's a good one, no better way to create job security than to intentionally sabotage the 2nd overall pick so you can play Mike White.  I know, I know, the good old, he called the "short easy stuff" and the "dump off passes" narrative.  So clever!   This is honestly his defense of his QB1 being the worst QB in the NFL?

lol

Funny, when I look up Mike White's stats, I see something that says he's average more yards per attempt and completions than Zach Wilson.  4.7 vs. 6.6 and 6.5 vs. 7.9.  When I watch Zach Wilson, I see him struggling to execute these "short easy passes" that White seemingly has no problem whatsoever completing.  All his attempts to backs werent dump offs, that's spinning to fit your narrative.  Both Johnson and Carter were running routes, as well as acting as the check down option.   It's funny, we celebrate Drew Brees like one of the all time greats, nobody threw to RB's more than Drew Brees,  Half of his yard per season came from him throwing to RB's but this is a knock on Mike White, why? 

I don’t do anything like that because looking things up makes me feel dizzy. Yet, I did look at the game stats and the entire team finally got a clue and no longer looked like the worse roster in the NFL. I also looked at the team they played and the Bengals ate a AFC leader. Mike White simply elevated this team? Can he do it again? Not sure. Can Zach elevate elevate this team higher eventually . Not sure. Thursday will answer the first question. After that we will have to see. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I don’t do anything like that because looking things up makes me feel dizzy. Yet, I did look at the game stats and the entire team finally got a clue and no longer looked like the worse roster in the NFL. I also looked at the team they played and the Bengals ate a AFC leader. Mike White simply elevated this team. Can he do it again? Not sure. Can Zach elevate elevate this team higher eventually . Not sure. Thursday will answer the first question. After that we will have to see. 

With John Beck on the side line holding Zachapono's hand after every series, there is no stopping him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Simms is 100% correct. White did a nice job BUT "it was a dink and dunk fest" LOL,  Check Down Check Check Check check check check every throw 4 yards LOL He aint wrong here.  Colts will TAKE away those itsy bitsy throws on Thursday and force White to go down field.

"Shut up everybody Mike White is NOT the answer" LOL HAhahahhahaha that's FUNNY

I agree what did Simms say that was so crazy???????

The points he made were accurate. 

The game was GREAT but it was a dink and dunk fest and guess what nothing weong with that the Jets Won!

• Upvote 2

I may be a bit of an outlier here but I actually really like Chris Simms. I think he brings a fresh honest opinion, and he's not just some talking head P.C. puppet trying constantly to be right.

I think he's not afraid to be himself and he really just puts out that what he's thinking in the moment. I find that refreshing.

That said it was very obvious that Mike White was making quicker decisions than we've seen Zach make all year. In fact that was Zach Wilson's problem in my opinion, he was trying to do too much and not taking what was just sitting there right in front of him.

Was it John Beck? Was it LaFleur suddenly going up into the booth? Nobody else noticed that the team looked like they were playing really hard for the backup QB!?

Maybe it was a perfect storm and the coaching staff finally got their s*** together? You know we have a really young team full of rookies from the coaching staff on down. Maybe they did simplify the offense in full blown panic mode cuz they lost their starting QB. Obviously they'd never admit that lol!!!

I do agree with Simms that at the very least, we have a really good backup QB. He came in and did his job and looked like a billion dollars! It would be nice to see Zach come back and have the same success. Either way it's a nice problem to have and may the best man win.

• Upvote 2

Are u Mike White ? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

With John Beck on the side line holding Zachapono's hand after every series, there is no stopping him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s all things we’ve yet to see. Personally I’ve found life is best taken one day at a time and football one week at a time. last week Mike White made the Jets look like a complete  NFL team for the first time and looked  like they had fun doing it. LaFleur looked like he had a clue and had fun doing it. Saleh, messed up on that One not reversed call but still looked like he had fun doing it. I watched the game  on my phone asI walked around the Halloween festival and had fun doing it. 

So hopefully the fun continues  on Thursday. Until it doesn’t then I couldn’t  care less about Beck or Zach. I hopefully have my favorite team to watch compete competently on national tv. If they don’t? Then I hate everyone and look forward to what Zach can do with his binky boy Beck. 

• Upvote 3

Oh hey look, JN's favorite moron blow hard media dbag with a microphone!  
Let me guess his takes because there is zero chance I listen to a word of this idiot;
- they changed the offense for Mike White
- Mike White isnt good and will be exposed.
- Zach Wilson is still an elite prospect despite playing like the worst QB in the NFL
- the OL protected better for Mike White because secretly, they like him better
- LaFleur put together the perfect game plan, something he hasnt done for Simms QB1 in the draft
- Jets fans now want a guy to start who they were complaining about being the back up 1 week ago.
What did I miss? 
Zach > Mike White .. thats what you missed.

• Upvote 1

I may be a bit of an outlier here but I actually really like Chris Simms. I think he brings a fresh honest opinion, and he's not just some talking head P.C. puppet trying constantly to be right.
I think he's not afraid to be himself and he really just puts out that what he's thinking in the moment. I find that refreshing.
That said it was very obvious that Mike White was making quicker decisions than we've seen Zach make all year. In fact that was Zach Wilson's problem in my opinion, he was trying to do too much and not taking what was just sitting there right in front of him.
Was it John Beck? Was it LaFleur suddenly going up into the booth? Nobody else noticed that the team looked like they were playing really hard for the backup QB!?
Maybe it was a perfect storm and the coaching staff finally got their s*** together? You know we have a really young team full of rookies from the coaching staff on down. Maybe they did simplify the offense in full blown panic mode cuz they lost their starting QB. Obviously they'd never admit that lol!!!
I do agree with Simms that at the very least, we have a really good backup QB. He came in and did his job and looked like a billion dollars! It would be nice to see Zach come back and have the same success. Either way it's a nice problem to have and may the best man win.

Bingo .. finally someone said it .. it was the decision making ... wow ... a third year QB processed better and faster than a kid 5 games in.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1