AFC Offensive POW & Fedex NFL Air POW- Mike White

Just the first of what is now to become a streak of weekly wins for years to come, even when the Jets are on a bye, until the NFL realizes they have no other choice but to concede and simply rename it the Mike White of the Week award.
Didnt another Jets QB win this a couple weeks back ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Didnt another Jets QB win this a couple weeks back ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

No, although one may have gotten the rookie version.  Regardless, prior winners of any NFL awards will soon be irrelevant when the league realizes the error of their ways, and retroactively awards every instance in its entire history to the immortal Mike White.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

**It was a beautiful team  effort lead by Mike White and it’s a team sport. This is a very good thing. 

Exactly ^^. Terrific game for the jets. I hope we can continue to play well. It was a team effort. Well done. Congrats to our QB. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Always amazes me when QBs are downgraded because they just "take what the Defence gives them" or "only dink and dunk" or "targeted the backs a lot".

That's good QB play - reading the game, and throwing the ball to the guys who are open. If Mike White can dink and dunk his way to 400 yards and 3 TDs every game, I'll be delighted.

Yup.  Seems to have been Zack's undoing.  Looking long instead of the underneath options.  

I'm sure what impressed us most about White's play on Sunday was that the team was moving the ball consistently.  Let's hope it does become consistent.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Always amazes me when QBs are downgraded because they just "take what the Defence gives them" or "only dink and dunk" or "targeted the backs a lot".

That's good QB play - reading the game, and throwing the ball to the guys who are open. If Mike White can dink and dunk his way to 400 yards and 3 TDs every game, I'll be delighted.

I don't think anyone is downgrading him.  He had a great game and deserves AFC offensive player of the week.

He's just an unknown and it's a question of can he successfully do more than just dink and dunk.

As a three year back up that's been mostly on practice squads - it's very reasonable to have those concerns.

Maybe he tears it up Thursday when the defense doesn't give him the dink and dunks anymore...I sure hope he does.   

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

The problem is that QBs typically can't do the bolded. I love what Mike White did. LOVE. But there are some very good reasons to doubt that anything close to that is sustainable. It's reasonable to be skeptical going forward. Heck, it's always reasonable to be skeptical when it comes to the Jets. 

59 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Mike Lafluer system created offensive player of the week and a rookie of the week for 2 different Qbs 

QB whisperer

tremendous stuff right here. 

• Haha 1

Big test this week for Mike White.  I'm going to to guess that the Colts are looking at film and will play more man and press coverage to dare White to throw the ball over the top.  If he succeeds this week I think we are looking at it a lot differently in a much better way if that is even possible.  

• Upvote 2

WTG Mike. Talk about seizing the moment. I do think it’s strange as far as the distinct picking of sides between Wilson and White. I guess that’s what we’re conditioned to do these days. Pick a side and dig in, even if they’re both on our team. I like both Wilson and White and feel that we may have two good QB’s, eventually. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m happy for Mike White, Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and very happy for LaFleur.  But I think ultimately this is exactly what Zach needed. 

Zach needed to see what he is being asked to do work. He’s never done it like that before, like never at Utah, his play fakes were typically a foot to a yard away,  and  with all the pressure LaFleur was getting it’s reasonable he had his doubts.

It’s like teaching a big puncher to set up his shots rather than coming out tossing haymakers. I can’t believe Zach saw this and felt butt hurt, doesn’t seem the type honestly. I believe he saw what Mike White was doing and in his head screaming, “ throw the long ball, throw  the long ball!” Then after the 7-8 short concise completions in a row he was like,” oh sh*t, that sh*t  really works if you do it!” Also at some point he thought,” why did LaFleur pick now to go in booth?” Talk for another time I guess. 

So moving forward this is Mike Whites time to shine until he doesn’t. Universe finally blessed the Jets  by correcting the biggest mistake in my opinion Joe Douglas and his coaches  made, assuming the kid from Utah was ready to Frankenstein an offense together with a first time OC. No way in hell this doesn’t help Zach get better no matter what happens here and even if it’s here or not honestly. I don’t care, I want more football like we had Sunday and  I want it now! 

This award is not Mike Whites alone, it’s every damn guys on the field that day and the coaching staff. Cept Saleh, he gets a little tap on his sexy bald head and reminded he’s the man now and the man can’t miss call reviews like that. 

It was a beautiful team  effort lead by Mike White and it’s a team sport. This is a very good thing. 

Don’t you dare steal Mike White’s shine. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Mike Lafluer system created offensive player of the week and a rookie of the week for 2 different Qbs 

QB whisperer

What a difference a win makes here. It has not been fun reading this board. If we can get another win tomorrow, HALLELUJAH 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

"Chicks dig the longball."

Goes the same for the NFL as it does for MLB.  

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I’m happy for Mike White, Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and very happy for LaFleur.  But I think ultimately this is exactly what Zach needed. 

Zach needed to see what he is being asked to do work. He’s never done it like that before, like never at Utah, his play fakes were typically a foot to a yard away,  and  with all the pressure LaFleur was getting it’s reasonable he had his doubts.

It’s like teaching a big puncher to set up his shots rather than coming out tossing haymakers. I can’t believe Zach saw this and felt butt hurt, doesn’t seem the type honestly. I believe he saw what Mike White was doing and in his head screaming, “ throw the long ball, throw  the long ball!” Then after the 7-8 short concise completions in a row he was like,” oh sh*t, that sh*t  really works if you do it!” Also at some point he thought,” why did LaFleur pick now to go in booth?” Talk for another time I guess. 

So moving forward this is Mike Whites time to shine until he doesn’t. Universe finally blessed the Jets  by correcting the biggest mistake in my opinion Joe Douglas and his coaches  made, assuming the kid from Utah was ready to Frankenstein an offense together with a first time OC. No way in hell this doesn’t help Zach get better no matter what happens here and even if it’s here or not honestly. I don’t care, I want more football like we had Sunday and  I want it now! 

This award is not Mike Whites alone, it’s every damn guys on the field that day and the coaching staff. Cept Saleh, he gets a little tap on his sexy bald head and reminded he’s the man now and the man can’t miss call reviews like that. 

It was a beautiful team  effort lead by Mike White and it’s a team sport. This is a very good thing. 

I agree with every word of this.  

One thing I am concerned about....and maybe I'm overreacting.

When Winston got hurt and his back up came in to beat Brady and the Bucs, there was video of Winston celebrating in the locker room with his teammates.  Dancing around like a maniac on crutches.

Zach has been on radio silence.  He's usually fairly active on social media and I did not see one Instagram post etc. congratulating Mike White or even the team on the win.

I would have loved to see Zach post something congratulating White on the win and the performance...but nothing.

I hope I'm overreacting to this...but it's been in the back of my head for a few days.

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I agree with every word of this.  

One thing I am concerned about....and maybe I'm overreacting.

When Winston got hurt and his back up came in to beat Brady and the Bucs, there was video of Winston celebrating in the locker room with his teammates.  Dancing around like a maniac on crutches.

Zach has been on radio silence.  He's usually fairly active on social media and I did not see one Instagram post etc. congratulating Mike White or even the team on the win.

I would have loved to see Zach post something congratulating White on the win and the performance...but nothing.

I hope I'm overreacting to this...but it's been in the back of my head for a few days.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Agreed, but a QB also needs to be able to make some dynamic throws or else defenses adjust and you turn into a glorified Teddy Bridgewater.