AFC Offensive POW & Fedex NFL Air POW- Mike White

Agreed, but a QB also needs to be able to make some dynamic throws or else defenses adjust and you turn into a glorified Teddy Bridgewater. 

I agree. In a normal game there are gonna be 2-3 downfield opportunities the QB needs to hit on 1-2 of them. Darnold went on for several games missing all of them. Thats when you knew it was time to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Here's the thing about Mike White now, as long as he plays decently the next few weeks he has probably locked up a 10+ year NFL career with that performance. 

Geno extended his this year as well. 

Excited to see what White can do tomorrow. It is likely they will dare him to throw deep and stifle the underneath stuff. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Mike Lafluer system created offensive player of the week and a rookie of the week for 2 different Qbs 

QB whisperer

that's actually pretty interesting considering all of the criticism lafleur has been facing over the past few weeks.  the thing is the players have been getting open.  the play calling may have tried to run too much at times but lafleurs main problem is not being able to get wilson to play in a more controlled and steady manner.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This is awesome.  Who could possibly have foreseen this -- Mike White's gear in the HOF.  Not even the biggest homer on the site would have dared to project that.

Really interested to see what he does for an encore tomorrow night.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

This is awesome.  Who could possibly have foreseen this -- Mike White's gear int he HOF.  NOt even the biggest home on the site would have dared to project that.

It does go show you just how rare of a feat Mike White accomplished.  

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It does go show you just how rare of a feat Mike White accomplished.  

It was great.  Both him and the team around him.  Aside from being at the stadium for the Tennessee win last month, this was probably the most fun I have had watching a Jet game since 2015.  

I just hope he doesn't come crashing back down to earth tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

I must say I knew this was coming the moment Mike White was signed by JD. I predicted he would throw for 400+ Yds and 3 TDs in his first start to beat the bengals 34-31, with the last score being a Mike White reception. I totally predicted this

Says half the people on the forum

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I agree with every word of this.  

One thing I am concerned about....and maybe I'm overreacting.

When Winston got hurt and his back up came in to beat Brady and the Bucs, there was video of Winston celebrating in the locker room with his teammates.  Dancing around like a maniac on crutches.

Zach has been on radio silence.  He's usually fairly active on social media and I did not see one Instagram post etc. congratulating Mike White or even the team on the win.

I would have loved to see Zach post something congratulating White on the win and the performance...but nothing.

I hope I'm overreacting to this...but it's been in the back of my head for a few days.

Your concern is not a concern. He sent Mike White like 600 texts and a huge congratulations. He was waiting for White in the tunnel and gave him a hug. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m happy for Mike White, Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and very happy for LaFleur.  But I think ultimately this is exactly what Zach needed. 

Zach needed to see what he is being asked to do work. He’s never done it like that before, like never at Utah, his play fakes were typically a foot to a yard away,  and  with all the pressure LaFleur was getting it’s reasonable he had his doubts.

It’s like teaching a big puncher to set up his shots rather than coming out tossing haymakers. I can’t believe Zach saw this and felt butt hurt, doesn’t seem the type honestly. I believe he saw what Mike White was doing and in his head screaming, “ throw the long ball, throw  the long ball!” Then after the 7-8 short concise completions in a row he was like,” oh shit, that shit  really works if you do it!” Also at some point he thought,” why did LaFleur pick now to go in booth?” Talk for another time I guess. 

So moving forward this is Mike Whites time to shine until he doesn’t. Universe finally blessed the Jets  by correcting the biggest mistake in my opinion Joe Douglas and his coaches  made, assuming the kid from Utah was ready to Frankenstein an offense together with a first time OC. No way in hell this doesn’t help Zach get better no matter what happens here and even if it’s here or not honestly. I don’t care, I want more football like we had Sunday and  I want it now! 

This award is not Mike Whites alone, it’s every damn guys on the field that day and the coaching staff. Cept Saleh, he gets a little tap on his sexy bald head and reminded he’s the man now and the man can’t miss call reviews like that. 

It was a beautiful team  effort lead by Mike White and it’s a team sport. This is a very good thing. 

Great post, Buddy! I’ll do you one more and say that the 50 point thrashing the Cheats put on the team was also the team-wide kick in the ass they all needed. They came out of the bye on life support, but came out of that game with all cylinders clicking. 

I don’t know why it took the extra week for LaFluer to change what he was doing, but opening the game with nothing but passes put the Bengals on their heels, and set the tone early. First first quarter score of the season, and they got the TD. That was critical. And while Mike White is getting well deserved praise, do the Jets win without also getting their first interception of the season down there? I doubt it. Team effort, thru and thru. 

Also, as you say, it’s gotta be a learning experience for Zach Wilson - who will be returning to the starting lineup once he’s healthy. If Mike White can keep it up they won’t rush him back, but he will be back. It’s okay to take what the defense gives you, you’re not gonna win the game on a single pass, slow and steady wins the race, etc. 

Colts are gonna be ready for White, although the short week might work in the Jets favor here. Win or lose, it’ll just be good to see the offense operated effectively. Looking forward to the game tomorrow night. Really hope it doesn’t suck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

When Winston got hurt and his back up came in to beat Brady and the Bucs, there was video of Winston celebrating in the locker room with his teammates.  Dancing around like a maniac on crutches.

Zach has been on radio silence.  He's usually fairly active on social media and I did not see one Instagram post etc. congratulating Mike White or even the team on the win.

I would have loved to see Zach post something congratulating White on the win and the performance...but nothing.

I hope I'm overreacting to this...but it's been in the back of my head for a few days.

I thought I read somewhere that Zach was texting Mike after each play...knowing that he wouldn't see it until after the game, but Zach was definitely celebrating his success.  I also recall reading that Zach's girlfriend was doing the same with Mike's girlfriend... so there is no bad blood here.   

27 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

Mike White said after the game Wilson was even more excited than he was. Jumped up and gave him a huge hug. Apparently Wilson was also texting him throughout the entire game. 

22 minutes ago, Drums said:

Your concern is not a concern. He sent Mike White like 600 texts and a huge congratulations. He was waiting for White in the tunnel and gave him a hug. 

ninja ninja'd

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

I agree. In a normal game there are gonna be 2-3 downfield opportunities the QB needs to hit on 1-2 of them. Darnold went on for several games missing all of them. Thats when you knew it was time to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Well, Darnold also wasn't good at the dink and donk aspect of the game.....

Thread someplace how Zach was texting and celebrating the entire game. Obviously knowing Mike White didn’t have his phone 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed, but a QB also needs to be able to make some dynamic throws or else defenses adjust and you turn into a glorified Teddy Bridgewater. 

Glorified Teddy Bridgewater also known as Sam Darnold's secret Zoltar wish

Zoltar – Stock Editorial Photo © ozphotoguy #47250967

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Aweomse!

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This is awesome.  Who could possibly have foreseen this -- Mike White's gear in the HOF.  Not even the biggest homer on the site would have dared to project that.

Paging @DrFrasierCrane

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

413deb35-0ff3-42e3-a361-dadd8a17e89a_1.6

Gem Mint!

SAR I

Love the '86 style. One of my favorite bball card sets ever. Pulling a Gregg Jeffries rookie card from a pack was such a thrill!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Always amazes me when QBs are downgraded because they just "take what the Defence gives them" or "only dink and dunk" or "targeted the backs a lot".

That's good QB play - reading the game, and throwing the ball to the guys who are open. If Mike White can dink and dunk his way to 400 yards and 3 TDs every game, I'll be delighted.

It’s how Tom Brady made his career until they got Moss.

The Jets fan in me is expecting disappointment on Thursday night.. wouldn’t it be something if White can show like he belongs and isn’t a one game wonder.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I thought I read somewhere that Zach was texting Mike after each play...knowing that he wouldn't see it until after the game, but Zach was definitely celebrating his success.  I also recall reading that Zach's girlfriend was doing the same with Mike's girlfriend... so there is no bad blood here.   

Pictures? :-)

4 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Just the first of what is now to become a streak of weekly wins for years to come, even when the Jets are on a bye, until the NFL realizes they have no other choice but to concede and simply rename it the Mike White of the Week award.

Lombardi, Stanley, Cy Young and Mike ****in White

22 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Finally something to get excited about. Not to say that he can replicate that performance. But it’s been a fun week since then. I don’t know that I’ve ever been as down on the Jets as I have been this season so the win and 400/3 TD’s really boosted my spirits.

Thank you Mike White! Thank you!!

Which, being the Jets, was guaranteed to be the short week.  

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Imagine the betting odds on that one - set for life if you win.

5 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Foursome coming - magic underwear be damned.

• Haha 1