Odell done in Cleveland (update: released)

Rhg1084

17 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'd much rather see the Jets bring back Justin McCareins or Stephen Hill over OBJ.  A young team looking to make it's own way through the draft  can only be damaged by the presence of a player like OBJ

Do not want OBJ in any way but did you have to go with Justin McCareins? The drop in the endzone was finally out of my mind but now it is back.

• Haha 1

No denying it was a missed throw.   

A whole lot of missed opportunities. Pretty sure everyone can probably easily figure out Odell put this video together (including the REM music lol) and asked his dad to post it, but the video isn’t lying. Odell is not a player for the Jets because unless Mike White is the next Kurt Warner our #2 overall pick can’t see open receivers either. But Odell still can be a top tier WR if he has a QB that can play. He’d be deadly in LA with Herbert

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

If cut, he will be subject to waivers and the claiming team will need to pick up his $8M salary. 

If he clears waivers, the Browns need to pay him. 

I'm pretty sure we are #2 on the waivers.  If we want him there's just one stupid team in the way. 

Don't worry he will definitely clear waivers.  Nobody wants that contract. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

If cut, he will be subject to waivers and the claiming team will need to pick up his $8M salary. 

If he clears waivers, the Browns need to pay him. 

I'm pretty sure we are #2 on the waivers.  If we want him there's just one stupid team in the way. 

That pretty much guarantees he clears waivers, and gets signed to a league minimum contract like Le'Veon Bell did. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Very similar to Darnold who up until 2 months ago, was still living off his sophmore year rose bowl performance vs Notre Dame.

Although that charade is finally up.  But Darnold had a good run off of it.

Penn St not Notre Dame.

Notre Dame whooped Sam’s ass.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The Browns-Steelers game was televised here locally on Sunday. There was a critical play late in the game where Baker threw a deep ball to Odell.
It was a perfect pass, but you could see him flinch and give it the alligator arms when he saw two defenders were closing in. He muffed the catch and fell awkwardly to the ground landing on his butt… untouched.

I shook my head and said “this guy is done. He doesn’t want to be playing football.“

Maybe the Browns' coaches watched the tape this week and came to that conclusion as well. Shows how much of the game is mental, and what separates the reliable players who excel year in and year out from the flash-in-the-pan guys is just as often a neck up issue as it is a debilitating injury. (Thinking of Victor Cruz, among others.)