Odell done in Cleveland (update: released)

Rhg1084

Surprised it took this long for it to get to this point.  OBJ wants no part of a city like Cleveland.  This isnt about football.  Hes a celebrity in his own mind and wants to be where the party is at and ladies are plentiful.  LA and Vegas seem like the kinda places that this over rated over paid receiver will once again find his "love of football again"  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t want Beckham, nor do I think he’d ever come here. That said, the video is damning. He’s wide open on so many routes and Mayfield just doesn’t see it. It’s literally like watching Zach Wilson staring at open receivers and not pulling the trigger, except Mayfield is in his 4th year. The way Beckham is getting open on film, he still looks quite elite. Pair him with a QB who can actually play and he’d be a beast, at least he would until he gets hurt again

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, munchmemory said:

His father, too.

On Tuesday, Odell Beckham Sr. posted a video on Instagram highlighting times when Mayfield didn't throw the ball to Beckham when he was open. Beckham Sr. responded with three green check marks in the comments section of a post that said Mayfield was "either hating on Odell or he just doesn't want him shining." Beckham Sr. also responded with "#bigfacts" to a post that called Mayfield "mediocre."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32543002/odell-beckham-jr-excused-practice-day-father-post-critical-baker-mayfield

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree apparently.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ghost said:

OBJ is talented. He’s stuck in an offense where the QB is absolutely atrocious. He’s constantly being under or overthrown. Is he the same player he was 6-8 years ago? No. But he’s not this bad. Mayfield just sucks. 

It's funny in retrospect that Mayfield, Darnold and Josh Rosen were picked before Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.  Not saying I knew any better (I wanted Sam) but these guys are paid a lot of money to make these picks.

• Upvote 4

Regardless of what one thinks about his current skills, if he's pissy at a QB not throwing to him when he's open then he would be pissy here with Wilson. He should go to a team with a skilled, vet QB where he's going to get the ball when he's open and the QB can keep him in line a bit. He's probably going to have to renegotiate the other two years of his salary if he wants options. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Dude was a consistent 1000 yard receiver when he had a good QB. Don't know what's going on w/his attitude but hear conflicting reports from his team mates coming out. Given his age, potential attitude issues and the trajectory of this season and the teams age, I'd probably pass in favor of developing young guys.

Davis & OBJ on the outside with Crowder/Moore in the slot would be fun though.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dude was a consistent 1000 yard receiver when he had a good QB. Don't know what's going on w/his attitude but hear conflicting reports from his team mates coming out. Given his age, potential attitude issues and the trajectory of this season and the teams age, I'd probably pass in favor of developing young guys.

Davis & OBJ on the outside with Crowder/Moore in the slot would be fun though.

I think Mims is not the answer and we need another outside receiver. Douglas will need to pay another huge contract in free agency to bring one in or he can just claim Odell for cheap here. I think it’s a real possibility 

• Upvote 4

OBJ is not done. I’m not comparing him to Randy Moss  but the situation is similar. Everyone thought Moss was done with the Raiders and then he goes to the Patriots and blows back up. I’m not saying we should sign him but I think if he goes somewhere with a good QB, he’s going to put up some pretty good numbers. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think Mims is not the answer and we need another outside receiver. Douglas will need to pay another huge contract in free agency to bring one in or he can just claim Odell for cheap here. I think it’s a real possibility 

Could be. I would be excited if we did. I just see the logic in passing on him at this point. Probably a tough decision for the Jets - I'm sure there will be discussions on it.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Agree. You have to deal with the baggage but is Woody going to be pressuring JD to bring him and and fill seats? There 6 home games left and outside of Buffalo and TB, attendance will be an issue. If Mike White stays the starter and you add Odell, does Woody press for this to happen? 

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You can’t name 15 QB’s better than Baker.

The Jets 2 and 3 are better than Baker. 

Joe Burrow, Wilson, Stafford, Prescott, Murray, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Cousins, Carr, Jackson, Herbert, Mahomes, Tannehill, Mac Jones, Daniel Jones, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Mike White, Jimmy Garoppolo, Teddy Bridgewater, Jamies Winston, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Davis Mills.

He's Sam Darnoldish.  

• WTF? 1