New uniform combo for tomorrow night

Rhg1084

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The black alternate color scheme is just really bad.   There is a gray and green alternate uniform that the Oregon Ducks had, that’s the direction the Jets needed to go.  Especially now that you can have alternate helmet colors.  

Agreed.  There's just no contrast.  On top of that, black is not a Jet color. 

11 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

The combos all range from Ugly to Extremely Ugly. These uniforms are trash, regardless of combo. 

samlev.jpg

jets18.jpg

I think the Green/White and the White/White look good, they're a modern interpretation of the 80's uniform that so many begged for over the years.  I didn't want it but I've grown to be fine with it.

I don't like any of the other combos.  Black/Black, Green/Green, and whatever they're doing tonight, no thanks.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This was an old design someone (not me) came up with.  I wouldn't mind this as an alt jersey.

IMG_20190221_170430-01-01.thumb.jpeg.c1bf1891fc487f7d0545cc04448d1aa0.jpeg.6dddeaf723474c1727981fc2bd82ef99.jpeg

It's no different than what we have now!  LOL.

Grey as a third color would have been better than black.  Grey pants, alternate grey jerseys, alternate grey helmets, would have been much better than black.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

samlev.jpg

jets18.jpg

I think the Green/White and the White/White look good, they're a modern interpretation of the 80's uniform that so many begged for over the years.

I don't like any of the other combos.

SAR I

This was the only time I liked our uni's since the switch.  And it might've been because they looked good in contrast to the Raiders' silver and black.  It also looks like a different (darker) shade of green than we normally go with.

488294175_JetsRaiders.png.0b9b9a806df9e92e6e6017d016b531a0.png

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

samlev.jpg

jets18.jpg

I think the Green/White and the White/White look good, they're a modern interpretation of the 80's uniform that so many begged for over the years.  I didn't want it but I've grown to be fine with it.

I don't like any of the other combos.  Black/Black, Green/Green, and whatever they're doing tonight, no thanks.

SAR I

Honestly, for me it boils down to two things...one an absolute dealbreaker and the other, my pettyness,

The HELMET is the deal breaker. I love the shade of green, but the logo is unimaginative. 

The stripes are my mild annoyance. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This was the only time I liked our uni's since the switch.  And it might've been because they looked good in contrast to the Raiders' silver and black.  It also looks like a different (darker) shade of green than we normally go with.

488294175_JetsRaiders.png.0b9b9a806df9e92e6e6017d016b531a0.png

Figures... a picture of the crybaby making a play, only for it to be helmet to helmet

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Honestly, for me it boils down to two things...one an absolute dealbreaker and the other, my pettyness,

The HELMET is the deal breaker. I love the shade of green, but the logo is unimaginative. 

The logo is the one thing that can't change in 2022, would be 2024 at the earliest based on NFL protocols.

Even for next year with the alternate helmet opportunity, the color and design may change but it must feature the existing logo unless we go with a full-on throwback uniform like the 68's or the Titans.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

When I first saw the leaked picture of the helmet and uniform, I thought there is no way that can be the new helmet logo...

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The logo is the one thing that can't change in 2022, would be 2024 at the earliest based on NFL protocols.

Even for next year with the alternate helmet opportunity, the color and design may change but it must feature the existing logo unless we go with a full-on throwback uniform like the 68's or the Titans.

SAR I

So can they change the jerseys/pants in 2022?

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, that is for the 2022 season where one alternate helmet is allowed per team.

If the Jets are going to roll with one, the submission to the league was due this past July 31. Woody teased a tweet that made it pretty clear we are going to have a black alternate helmet next year. It seems that is what was submitted.

SAR I

Don't get the black thing. The simple clean classics of Joe Namath and Parcells are among the best in all of sports. The Giants got it right going back the NY 1960s look-simple and neat. 

Like the Titans navy/gold look. If they wantecd to do that or the Sack Exchange Era ones as alts, fine. This current look is crap. And it doesn't sell all that well anyway.

The "Saskatchewan "  looks like crap you could get in a cheap Pop Warner or high school uniform catalog. It's bland nothingnness. 

• Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

So can they change the jerseys/pants in 2022?

Core Uniform:  Any NFL team can change their whole uniform but it needs 2-3 years for design approvals and provide Nike and Fanatics and Dick's Sporting Goods time to liquidate old inventory and manufacture the new ones for retail sale.  So earliest the Jets could kill the current look would be 2023 or 2024.

Alternate Uniform:  Any NFL team can add an alternate with 1 year's advance notice.  There are specific rules about running with an alternate or an entirely new design that maintains core colors, core logos, etc.  The deadline for the alternate helmet was July 31 of this year, so if the Jets are just releasing a new alternate helmet for 2022, or are doing a whole alternate/throwback uniform including the helmet, that decision needed to be made back in July and would be in the design stages right now.  Woody tweeted in June or July showing old Jets helmets, the Titans helmet, and a new black 2019 helmet, so I think we've got something alternate cooking for next season.

SAR I

41 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Screenshot_20211104-121826_Instagram.thumb.jpg.7a0ab6b19a6db46c881f47aa2cce8a26.jpg

That is an illegal alternate uniform and will be called out as such.

The 2022 alternate helmet can either be 1) a different color/design of the core uniform using the existing logo -or- 2) an authentic throwback uniform using an authentic throwback logo.

This rendering shows an entirely new uniform (earliest 2023 or 2024) and a helmet that would only be allowed if it were our core uniform.

If you want to have fun imagining and rendering a 2022 alternate helmet, it must have the existing logo.

SAR I