New uniform combo for tomorrow night

Rhg1084

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

3 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

The white jersey on the black pants is going to look hilariously bad.  Most of our uni combos do, but this will be especially heinous.

Wondering if @Jetsfan80 cares to weigh in.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

@Jetsfan80 Come on bro, let's talk about outfits.  What's your take on best sock color? 

lmao.

Honestly fellas I'm too excited about Mike White to complain about this one!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The logo is the one thing that can't change in 2022, would be 2024 at the earliest based on NFL protocols.

Even for next year with the alternate helmet opportunity, the color and design may change but it must feature the existing logo unless we go with a full-on throwback uniform like the 68's or the Titans.

SAR I

Ouch.....you've crushed my hopes and my dreams. 2024....at least I'll have a full year of retirement from being a cop under my belt by then, 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

....they're a modern interpretation of the 80's uniform that so many begged for over the years.  I didn't want it but I've grown to be fine with it.

SAR I

I don't think very many people wanted a "modern interpretation" especially and specifically of the logo.

We wanted (or at a minimum I wanted) the exact late 1970's->mid 1990's Logo.  The exact one, exactly as it was before.

The rest of the uniform, ok, we all likely had preferences, but they key to the 80's look was the logo.  And we didn't get it, we got (as you say) a "modern" version with none of what I liked about the old logo.

You're not wrong tho, this new uni is a (weak) attempt to mimic something 80's ish.  They simply went about it all wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think very many people wanted a "modern interpretation" especially and specifically of the logo.

We wanted (or at a minimum I wanted) the exact late 1970's->mid 1990's Logo.  The exact one, exactly as it was before.

The rest of the uniform, ok, we all likely had preferences, but they key to the 80's look was the logo.  And we didn't get it, we got (as you say) a "modern" version with none of what I liked about the old logo.

You're not wrong tho, this new uni is a (weak) attempt to mimic something 80's ish.  They simply went about it all wrong.

And to think a "professional" at Nike designed those atrocities.

Any club rat could give better fashion advice than Nike.

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

essence2.jpg

Once the decision was made to go to green helmets and a modern interpretation of the 90's uniforms, Nike did a decent job.  Instead of old-school arm/leg stripes we wound up with the wedge that looks like an airplane contrail or an airplane wing, it's not awful.

As for the logo itself, the old one was straight out of the 70's and looks dated and out of style.  It's cool as a retro thing, like on a hat or something, but it feels of-its-era, there is no mistaking it for something current.  So it would be awkward to have a modern uniform and a vintage logo, no way Nike was going to do that.  The current logo is our old logo without the NY and the oval.  It's been on our helmets for 40 of our 60 years, can't really complain.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

I don't know.  They almost look like tights or leggings I would put on my young daughter.   

Pretty sure each player picks where they wear high socks, below the knee socks, or tights they just have to be the right color. Idk why they used a random white dude as the model. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Pretty sure each player picks where they wear high socks, below the knee socks, or tights they just have to be the right color. Idk why they used a random white dude as the model. 

Agreed.  The model absolutely does not look like an NFL player.  The helmet makes his head look tiny and like it's about to snap.  lol

Yeah, I had the same problem with the high baseball leggings of old.   Never liked that high look.   Even back in the 60s-70s, I'd always wear my baseball socks low.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Better received so far then I was anticipating.  Was expecting to come on here and say I liked them and get down voted into oblivion.

Agree with Kdels, white socks make it.  I like the alternating dark to bottom from Helmet to Socks.  

Model should’ve worn black shoes

• Upvote 1