***OFFICIAL NEW YORK MIKEWHITES GAME DAY THREAD—THE WHITE KNIGHT RISES! WHITE>>>CHRISTIAN BALE****

T0mShane

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This year?  Honestly, no, it didn’t matter.  This year was about playing the young kids, for better or worse, getting them reps, and seeing who shows promise and who needs to be replaced.  If you expected anything otherwise, that’s on you because the actions (and even some of the words) of this team spoke volumes about what to expect this season.

Nonsense there is ZERO excuse to be this bad on defense., zero, know why?  our secondary filled with 21 years olds is not getting torched, our dline and lbs are getting totally owned and that is the one part of the team that is supposed to be mostly built.

Guess what?   All the nice draft predictions of getting a te and more oline ans such?  Get ready for those picks to be used on d now.

No excuse in the whole world for how bad the D is, none

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t believe it’s “in the moment” though. I don’t think it’s living “on the edge” to say that the head coach has been bad this year. Did we expect ten wins? **** no. But I don’t think it was unreasonable to expect that, by mid season, this Jets team might consider hustling to the football to put up some resistance to a simple trap play everyone ran in Pop Warner. The team lacks heart. It lack guts. It lacks toughness. We specifically hired Saleh to bring those things to this roster. You can do all of that with even the most untalented of rosters. Saleh has no excuses for this type of sh*t to keep happening. Sneaking up on the Bengals and Titans was awesome, but it doesn’t mean a damn thing if they turn around the next game and roll over as the Colts run for 300 easy yards. Personally, I’m not judging Saleh week to week. I’m judging him on all the weeks, and these bad weeks keep piling up.

You typed all of that to end it with “and these bad weeks keep piling up” 4 days removed from the absolute definition of a gutsy, hard fought, no-quit victory against a team that should have done this to us.

You may not be intending to actually judge Saleh on a week to week basis, but posts like this don’t paint that type of a picture.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Twitter is genuinely becoming a better place to discuss football.

Especially in the sultry DMs ??.

lol i mean it's josh johnson people. Like fcking take a 5..... you're watching a 30-something year old "i've played on 15 teams 3rd stringer"... Moore's having a game, and the playcalling on offense still looks good.

Ulbrich and Rob have some sh*t to sort out... but take a walk some of you

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

before or after the game? because then my answer will be either 2-6 or 2-7

Well that's an easy one.  I meant more their specific streak of snapping team and/or league records.

Perhaps an NFL record for most consecutive pass attempts that are intercepted?  Who knows, should be a blast to watch I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Nonsense there is ZERO excuse to be this bad on defense., zero, know why?  our secondary filled with 21 years olds is not getting torched, our dline and lbs are getting totally owned and that is the one part of the team that is supposed to be mostly built.

Guess what?   All the nice draft predictions of getting a te and more oline ans such?  Get ready for those picks to be used on d now.

Is this sarcasm. I can’t tell. 

• Post of the Week 1

Not more.  That means we have some.
Jets need any talent on this d.

Need a big nose tackle…this reminds me of when we were under Herm and lost Jason Ferguson and had James Tank Reed to replace him and he sucked. Vilma was getting eaten up by blockers and couldn’t go sideline to sideline to make plays. That why I hate the 4-3…I hate Zone…I hate Cover who D. Rex was a breath of fresh air..3-4 overload blitz shutdown corners…no one giving a cushion…everyone just locked down.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The offense as a whole has actually been good this game imo, just looks vastly better the last two weeks in scheme and play calling.

The offense since Zach went out has looked decent, it should though, the personnel on offense is probably better than the defensive personnel.  The defense, even for a young team has been abysmal.   It’s one thing to be a bad developing defense, but what the Jets have shown is in-excusable.    

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The offense as a whole has actually been good this game imo, just looks vastly better the last two weeks in scheme and play calling.

I feel the same way.  Defense has been horrific, but the offense has looke dmuch more like an NFL offense these last two weeks.  You are not going to win the game when your D gives up 250+ yards rushing and doesnt get a stop until Q3, but O has been solid.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Our edge rushers are two guys I genuinely don’t know, but go off I guess.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This year?  Honestly, no, it didn’t matter.  This year was about playing the young kids, for better or worse, getting them reps, and seeing who shows promise and who needs to be replaced.  If you expected anything otherwise, that’s on you because the actions (and even some of the words) of this team spoke volumes about what to expect this season.

I thought last year was the year we were punting.

Let’s just throw next year too. Keep those expectations low and you can never lose! Smart.

We’re watching one of the worst defensive performances of the decade and people are acting like this is all part of the plan. Laughable.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well that's an easy one.  I meant more their specific streak of snapping team and/or league records.

Perhaps an NFL record for most consecutive pass attempts that are intercepted?  Who knows, should be a blast to watch I'm sure.

will the jets break Nathan Peterman's LEGENDARY record

• Haha 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

The offense since Zach went out has looked decent, it should though, the personnel on offense is probably better than the defensive personnel.  The defense, even for a young team has been abysmal.   It’s one thing to be a bad developing defense, but what the Jets have shown is in-excusable.    

We should have used that 2nd pick to build around Mike White!

• Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

You typed all of that to end it with “and these bad weeks keep piling up” 4 days removed from the absolute definition of a gutsy, hard fought, no-quit victory against a team that should have done this to us.

You may not be intending to actually judge Saleh on a week to week basis, but posts like this don’t paint that type of a picture.

If they played the Bengals next Sunday, the Bengals would beat this team by forty. You’re accusing us of playing it week by week, but it’s you who wants to pick and choose which weeks actually count.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Also aside from RG, I’m totally fine with ignoring the offense. Defense needs help. 

• Upvote 1